• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

Damn right!

@enzo_gt:
That site list in these weekly OPs still makes no mention of Orochinagi.com, I think we've been over this before.
You seems to easily disregard DoA, but you list 2 community sites for that, but only 1 for KoF, it's not too late to fix that, especially when DreamCancel focuses more on the US and Orochinagi leans more towards Europe.

If you want to get Enzo's attention you should rap it in RedRapper's voice. That will surely get his attention.

They need 150k for one character? That is crazy, I need to read it all.
Your brain might melt if you found out how much it costs for one BB/MvC3/SFIV character. Skullgirls characters the the cheapest(and fastest to make) by far when we are talking about professional companies that hire professional people for the job.

L2P

Neo Member
Justin and Ricky miss that EX Messiah > Fadc> Ultra all the time.. Its really weird considering how they do everything else perfectly

Your brain might melt if you found out how much it costs for one BB/MvC3/SFIV character. Skullgirls characters the the cheapest(and fastest to make) by far when we are talking about professional companies that hire professional people for the job.

I knew developer cost was huge, this just puts things into perspective for me, especially watching the video they released.

Think I will donate $30 so I can get that steam key plus beta.

I think Fersis said that each KoFXIII character cost about $100,000 to create, animate, develop hitboxes, test, etc.

You'd be amazed at some of the prices it cost to make video games these days

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Fersis said that each KoFXIII character cost about $100,000 to create, animate, develop hitboxes, test, etc.

I don't trust any estimates of the sort from devs.

For single characters, perhaps they're more accurate. For full games? There's far too much done simultaneously or across different modes and timeframe for me to believe a random number they throw out.

Justin and Ricky miss that EX Messiah > Fadc> Ultra all the time.. Its really weird considering how they do everything else perfectly

Justin and Ricky should play the Gamecube version of CVS2 where you just push the yellow stick in a direction to do a super.

Had the game won, dropped Haggar combo with simultaneous bad Phoenix assist call thinking it'd combo and got BLOWN THE FUCK UP as a result.

Oh man, I'd forgotten all about that.

LakeEarth

They added 4 characters to SF4 Arcade Edition. Two are tweaked versions of pre-existing character models, and the other two are twins. Only one new face between the four of them. They say the fans demanded the characters, but the obvious truth is that they were minimizing costs.

Really strange since that should be arguably the easiest special move FADC Ultra in the whole game considering you have like 2 seconds to confirm compare to other moves where you have to do your special and FADC right away. Funny that Justin tweeted what he did because it was Sanford who screwed up first. He probably should have won the set in the 2nd round except that he missed his forward high kick into Ultra which would have killed Rufus or put him very very close to death.

kirblar

57eCXS1.png

Couldn't resist.

Horseress

Had the game won, dropped Haggar combo with simultaneous bad Phoenix assist call thinking it'd combo and got BLOWN THE FUCK UP as a result.

Yeeeeea, I remember, DAT bad assist call, poor Viscant...that was not the case, but people should punish assist calls more often, like MorriDoom, if you can kill Doom (or make the other guy afraid to call him), Morrigan is not that scary anymore.

xCobalt

Just watched the match again.

He also had PZ Poy in range to do level 3 grab with haggar....instead he did the fist super which was blocked.

Guys, I just saw Floe's, Justin's, and Rog's new twitter icons and I could barely recognize them at first... They're freaking me out...

...It's eSports...

Malice215

I just created a new account on Twitter, and I'm close to deleting it after looking at those EG icons. They are soooo eSportsssss.

Shouta

Songi and I have been practicing Christie a bit recently. Really good character for tag-in combos and is incredible at mid-range neutral because her limbs are fucking amazing and her anti-air is insane.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

?????
I never said such thing.
But if i remember correctly it was SNKP who said it.

Oh and
XQBfR.gif

Bizazedo

I told you, man
I told you guys about Windjammers

This isn't the first time I've seen someone express surprise over this, either! Even after a bunch of other posters and I were talking about it in the Winter Brawl thread! Why didn't anyone believe us?

Maybe we should have posted about it in the FGW thread too.

But they might be running Windjammers at the Break Weekly soon, so keep an eye out for it.

I ran a few locals in Philly and got convinced to have a station set up for Windjammers. I was in awe how much people liked it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Dahbomb

Oh man CMBR sounds fucking omega hype. Although I really hope they aren't doing a 5v5 USA vs world again, that would be dumb. Players like ChrisG and FChamo should never be on the same team, its too Oppa.

So 5 man teams could be:

Team AGE

Fanatiq
ChrisG
Knives
Flashmetroid
Some random dude

Team BT:

Yipes
Marlin Pie
Dieminion
Clockwork
Viscant

Team Japan:

Kusuro
Chou
Tokido
Abegen
Mamespider or Nemo

Team EG:

Justin
Ricky
PRRog
Floe
Momochi

Team NYC

RayRay
Alukard
Insayne
DragonGod
Noel Brown

Team Canada:

Joker
RDK
Quandizzle
Bee
Rikir

Team Norcal:

FChamp
Shady K
Honzo Gonzo
KBeast
Drewgrimey

Florida:

Flocker
Marvelo
Green Ace
Tayson

For NorCal, I'd probably drop Honzo for someone else. Probably in favor of X-Ray or flavor of the month ApologyMan.

FAKE EDIT: Maybe drop ShadyK too. I think he is better than everyone in NorCal, but performs terribly when it matters. :/

Dahbomb

So for the same of argument and discussion let's entertain this hyperbolic situation....

Say there's a 5v5 Gods vs Mortals exhibition and Gods include the 5 Gods of Marvel (ChrisG, FChamp, PRRog, Yipes, Justin)... who should be on the mortals team? It could be any player in the universe.

My 5 picks would be MarlinPie, Flocker, ShadyK, Fanatiq and probably Zak Bennet. Although this team would still get trounced. Combofiend can't be picked because he's Capcom now.

For NorCal, I'd probably drop Honzo for someone else. Probably in favor of X-Ray or flavor of the month ApologyMan.

FAKE EDIT: Maybe drop ShadyK too. I think he is better than everyone in NorCal, but performs terribly when it matters. :/
No man Honzo is the face of Norcal Marvel.

So for the same of argument and discussion let's entertain this hyperbolic situation....

Say there's a 5v5 Gods vs Mortals exhibition and Gods include the 5 Gods of Marvel (ChrisG, FChamp, PRRog, Yipes, Justin)... who should be on the mortals team? It could be any player in the universe.

My 5 picks would be MarlinPie, Flocker, ShadyK, Fanatiq and probably Zak Bennet. Although this team would still get trounced. Combofiend can't be picked because he's Capcom now.

No man Honzo is the face of Norcal Marvel.

I think that's a pretty good team, though you could probably take out Flocker, replace him with... someone else. I really have no clue who though. Abegen maybe? I only think of that because you have Zak Bennett there.

And yes, you need Honzo for the trolls. I wouldn't accept any other NorCal team without Honzo Gonzo at this point.

Top Bottom