• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
emp_beaner: yahiko , taekua and frutsy from mexico,, neokarsh from puerto rico and kaneblueriver from chile

Edgeward

http://www.lowlandlions.com/2011/content/News/WWMCZRyan_Hart_praat_met_Itabashi_Zangief-4313.html

Saw this linked on twitter and found it a tad interesting. Ryan Hart talks to Itabashi, VF God and Best Gief. This part stuck out to me

RH: I think the game is amazing and VF still remains my fighting franchise but what will it take to make a game like this more popular in Japan?

IZ: “Well yeah as I mentioned people need to understand what is fun about VF and that the mind games really are interesting. In Super Street Fighter IV in certain situations whether the attack is in front or behind has nothing to do with a rock paper scissors system or the players intelligence. It actually isn't anything at all, this type of game doesn't strengthen your intellect or ability or anything. A skilled or unskilled player can perform these mixups without fault. Ability of the player is irrelevant.”

Dahbomb

Right now it looks like they got 7-8 teams on lock. What I want to see regional wise for the rest of the teams..

Confirmed:

Norcal
Socal
East Coast
Mid Atlantic
Midwest
Georgia
Latin America

What I want:

Japan
Northwest
UK/Europe
Canada
Texas
Florida
Arizona
San Diego

That's going to leave 2 teams, they might do like a East Coast team 2 or something (with MarlinPie, Flux and others). 16 team regional Marvel is what the game needs to kick the hype into overdrive.

Flocker has destroyed 2-3 of the gods before. His teams do very well in the meta. I just don't know where he has been these days, surprised to not see him at WB.

It's the other way round, his team is rather one dimensional, very low health, does poorly against strong air tactics like Morridoom and is rather prone to being randomed out in tourneys. As people around him level up it's going to be difficult for him to remain competitive as long as he sticks to his team, and he probably knows that which is why he's trying to switch his team.

wtf

9wHoX2g.png

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Right now it looks like they got 7-8 teams on lock. What I want to see regional wise for the rest of the teams..

Confirmed:

Norcal
Socal
East Coast
Mid Atlantic
Midwest
Georgia
Latin America

What I want:

Japan
Northwest
UK/Europe
Canada
Texas
Florida
Arizona
San Diego

They need to bring the two guys from Brazil on that Latin America Team(forgot their names)

cuz that Zero May Cry needs to be battle tested up here, and that other guy with his Chris Lariat...well, the more Chris' the better.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If Larry can't get enough high-profile teams from abroad, he'll probably fill out the remaining slots in the bracket with regional scenes from around the south. This is the post I was talking about earlier.

cmbr.png

That thread was full of so much shit talk lmao.

Joker probably wouldn't be able to go, and I'd put Rebelo or Goa or probably even NickCam on that team before Rikir.

I think you're right on both counts, except I'd for sure pick Goa. Dude's pretty damn clean.

IMO, strongest Team Canada (that can travel):

Bee
Goa
RDK
Quandizzle
Rikir for the X-Factor

I like Rebelo for the main fact that if he touches you, you probably died, but I want to see more footsies from his Captain. It's the perfect character for him though. There are a couple others as well who could fit the spot as well (a Hulk player from Edmonton that's not Love, and Chokehold or FreddyLoco but I haven't seen 'em play in a minute).

Joker would clearly be on this team if possible.

kirblar

It's the other way round, his team is rather one dimensional, very low health, does poorly against strong air tactics like Morridoom and is rather prone to being randomed out in tourneys. As people around him level up it's going to be difficult for him to remain competitive as long as he sticks to his team, and he probably knows that which is why he's trying to switch his team.
Truth.

Deps

Can't wait to go to FR, haven't been to a major in almost a year. I hope Korea shows up cause I already know Japan is going for Tekken.

Dahbomb

Louisiana top 5?

Shit I gotta represent now!

NOT!

EC and Norcal are favorites because they got 2 gods each. Should be fun watching the other regions battle it out. Since its an exhibition tourney I fully expect Yipes to be in casual set mode so I give the edge to EC.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Team Georgia has the talent to do some major damage. I know all 5 players. I just hope they're all tournament ready.

NYC is obvious favorite though.

Tizoc

They added 4 characters to SF4 Arcade Edition. Two are tweaked versions of pre-existing character models, and the other two are twins. Only one new face between the four of them. They say the fans demanded the characters, but the obvious truth is that they were minimizing costs.

Except that they were demanded.

Azure J

OK, I missed the Curleh reveal, but from what I'm seeing, this is hype as fuck and the one event that has potential to dethrone Good vs. Evil as the best Marvel 3 event match.

That being said, where's Marlinpie? Josh Wong? Flux?

Team GAF would be so fucking hype but which region would we be under? Also phaonaut has the best idea ever with that Battle Royal poster.

Team Norcal and Team NYC are beyond stacked.

sleepykyo

Tizoc

Who demanded them? I don't think anyone asked for oni.

It was a long time ago, but I know Evil Ryu for one was among the requested characters to be in the game. Oni is a better name than Shin Gouki tho.

Despite the similar models, E. Ryu and Oni have differences from regular Ryu and Gouki.
...and hey if people were fine with Ralf and Clark being head swaps, and likewise for Hwa Jai and Joe in KoF XIII, Capcom get a pass on it.
Besides does it really matter anymore?

The Light

It was a long time ago, but I know Evil Ryu for one was among the requested characters to be in the game. Oni is a better name than Shin Gouki tho.

Despite the similar models, E. Ryu and Oni have differences from regular Ryu and Gouki.
...and hey if people were fine with Ralf and Clark being head swaps, and likewise for Hwa Jai and Joe in KoF XIII, Capcom get a pass on it.
Besides does it really matter anymore?

Ahh really didn't know people asked for them. Its not a big deal really.

Top Bottom