• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

Tizoc

So here's another thing that might surprise some people (it might not), but I am 100% certain of this:
Back during the early days between SF4 and SSF4, there was an SF4 blog site where the devs would post some random info and such. One entry had an image which had a sketch of what Viper's Ultra 2 would look like. I'm sure this was before SSF4 tho and the sketch was prob. for a planned super move that was, at the time, scrapped.

Well, people shouldn't be fine with it.

Personally I don't mind Ralf and Clark being buff, but maybe tone it down a little bit.

OK, I missed the Curleh reveal, but from what I'm seeing, this is hype as fuck and the one event that has potential to dethrone Good vs. Evil as the best Marvel 3 event match.

That being said, where's Marlinpie? Josh Wong? Flux?

Team GAF would be so fucking hype but which region would we be under? Also phaonaut has the best idea ever with that Battle Royal poster.

Team Norcal and Team NYC are beyond stacked.

Marlinpie and Josh Wong are not NY. Flux is probably not good enough to be in team NY, although you can make a case that he should be in instead of Noel.

Xevren

More off stream SFXT stuff if you guys didnt see it:

Justin vs Jeron (Top16 -> Top 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz4DE7DBNsA

Floe vs Sanford (Top16 -> Top 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0tfGU_vWw

Also random 7 min video of me walking around the venue @ Winter Brawl 7 (but didnt go to Smash room)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N_6BOU7zk4

Apologies for no SFXT on stream this weekend :( Will upload more later.

Thanks for the vids, any idea's on what your team will be after you said you were going to drop Sim?

kirblar

I wonder how much work it would take to add Elena/Poison/Hugo/Rolento to AE, given that the models are basically done already.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Thanks for the vids, any idea's on what your team will be after you said you were going to drop Sim?

I still have no idea TBH. I just might rip GoodLuckKammy's Vega/Alisa team so that I don't have to learn a 2nd char. their synergy is pretty good.

I wonder how much work it would take to add Elena/Poison/Hugo/Rolento to AE, given that the models are basically done already.

Even with the models there's the question of coding, designing the balance, playtesting, paying for patch, advertising about new characters..... they also only have 1 super in SFxT while they are going to need 1 super and 2 ultras in SF4.

Was it you or Ravidrath that was hyping up those initial Salty Cupcakes streams during the Evo drive?
Well whoever it was, I hate you.
everyone_zps26dbd466.gif

Then you hate the Skullgirls fandom because everyone was a pusher that day and the product was Skullgirls. Today it's even worse.
Capcom probably can't do things the same way as Lab Zero since they're not independent.
Capcom can do whatever they want if they have the money and a greenlight from Namco. It's not like we are talking Marvel vs Capcom here. That was like one person speaking Klingon to someone that only knows ancient Latin.

Busaiku

Capcom can do whatever they want if they have the money and a greenlight from Namco. It's not like we are talking Marvel vs Capcom here. That was like one person speaking Klingon to someone that only knows ancient Latin.

Capcom definitely has the money to do it, but they probably don't have the internal backing behind it.

And yeah, you Skullgirls people suck.
Can't wait for Mike on Salty Cupcakes.

xCobalt

Abel. Rufus.

Are you referring to sfxt? I was thinking more along the lines of the core street fighter games. I think for the most part, people haven't really viewed the SF4 characters too favorably. I excluded viper because I think shes probably the most likely to be included in future games.

Are you referring to sfxt? I was thinking more along the lines of the core street fighter games. I think for the most part, people haven't really viewed the SF4 characters too favorably. I excluded viper because I think shes probably the most likely to be included in future games.

Yeah, I was. And I figured that you were referring to that, but I couldn't help it :p

I also could sorta see Rufus getting into another mainline SF game, just because Team EG will need someone to play.

I like all the sf4 characters designs except Seth. He can die in a fire.

Hakan is awesome.

Wait, I hate Rufus. Rufus and Seth die in a fire.

Yeah, I was. And I figured that you were referring to that, but I couldn't help it :p

I also could sorta see Rufus getting into another mainline SF game, just because Team EG will need someone to play.

They will just jump over to Chun and we know Chun is never going anywhere.

Jaxel

He starts to upload stuff while the tourney is still going.

I RARELY ever do that. I only do that at places that have REALLY good internet, such as at Local Battles or during APEX at Rutgers University.

The way I've built my streaming rig, is to be a highly mobile single unit operation. The hard drives are modular and have easy access drive bays with back-planes. So when I get home, I simply unlock the drive bay, pull the hard drive out, and then plug it into my main home PC. Then I click upload... go to sleep. Its very easy stuff.

Why don't other people do it? Because you make less money doing it. I uploaded 70 videos today; so much content, that it can't be consumed evenly and often the lesser "known" matches just get lost in the shuffle with relatively low views. The only videos that get traction doing it this way are top 8. For weeklies, that is fine; but for majors, you stand to lose a lot of revenue.

You will notice that when other streamers upload videos from majors, they tend to release it in a "trickle", a video or two today, and then a few more the next, and on and on. Doing it this way forces people to work their way up to grand finals by first watching matches that they may not necessarily be interested in. You make WAY more money this way.

I wouldn't be surprised if most streamers upload videos as quickly as I do; but default the videos to "locked" so no one can find them. Youtube has a feature where you can "schedule" video releases. I'm too lazy to do all this; so you guys benefit... and I remain poor.

Main streamers at these majors get paid; since I'm always a side streamer, I don't. Hell, because I had to provide the internet for my stream over my 4G, I've lost money this weekend that I never expect to be able to make back through Youtube. All those sponsors you see me promoting during WB7? I have no contractual obligation to them; they don't pay me. But they do good for the community, so I support them.

I RARELY every do that. I only do that at places that have REALLY good internet, such as at Local Battles or during APEX at Rutgers University.

The way I've built my streaming rig, is to be a highly mobile single unit operation. The hard drives are modular and have easy access drive bays with back-planes. So when I get home, I simply unlock the drive bay, pull the hard drive out, and then plug it into my main home PC. Then I click upload... go to sleep. Its very easy stuff.

Why don't other people do it? Because you make less money doing it. I uploaded 70 videos today; so much content, that it can't be consumed evenly and often the lesser "known" matches just get lost in the shuffle with relatively low views. The only videos that get traction doing it this way are top 8. For weeklies, that is fine; but for majors, you stand to lose a lot of revenue.

You will notice that when other streamers upload videos from majors, they tend to release it in a "trickle", a video or two today, and then a few more the next, and on and on. Doing it this way forces people to work their way up to grand finals by first watching matches that they may not necessarily be interested in. You make WAY more money this way.

I wouldn't be surprised if most streamers upload videos as quickly as I do; but default the videos to "locked" so no one can find them. Youtube has a feature where you can "schedule" video releases. I'm too lazy to do all this; so you guys benefit... and I remain poor.

Main streamers at these majors get paid; since I'm always a side streamer, I don't. Hell, because I had to provide the internet for my stream over my 4G, I've lost money this weekend that I never expect to be able to make back through Youtube. All those sponsors you see me promoting during WB7? I have no contractual obligation to them; they don't pay me. But they do good for the community, so I support them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Jaxel: Love the work you put into everything, I'll definitely be checking out the WindJammers archives later this week when I have the time.

They will just jump over to Chun and we know Chun is never going anywhere.

Oh right I forgot about that.

I RARELY ever do that. I only do that at places that have REALLY good internet, such as at Local Battles or during APEX at Rutgers University.

Very informative post

Thanks for the taking the time to write that out.

sleepykyo

I think with the exception of viper, we'll never see a SF4 character in future street fighter games. Good riddance...no more elf

Good riddance indeed. I'm pretty sure Rufus and Abel are returning in addition to Viper. Rufus because someone probably thought a fat, agile white guy would a hilarious take on Sammo Hung. Abel, because he was the most popular of SF4 crowd back when Capcom was studying what westerners like.

Xevren

I've said it before and I'll say it again Jaxel: Love the work you put into everything, I'll definitely be checking out the WindJammers archives later this week when I have the time.

Oh right I forgot about that.

I agree with this dude, thanks Jaxel! Absolutely loved watching VF on Sunday.

Top Bottom