• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What bothers me is if it's all VxG's money (cause it CLEARLY isn't Triforce's), why don't they all put VxG EMP as their tag? It's a partnership after all.

Dahbomb

Some reactionary faces to Infiltration going to EMP:

14m9teh3pj2x.gif

iHfpzv6KLE3Qe.gif

dmEQO.gif

tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

boozeropenmouth1wijo.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Triforce didn't comment about Itabashi. Itabashi is also in France with Dieminion.

Triforce also sent an emergency tweet to Dieminion yesterday.

Makes sense with the Sega VF tournament going down soon. Plus he's a gdlk SF4 player anyway.

Isn't he Razer though? Or has that ended?

theowne

Dude, we really need more shocked face gifs if it turns out to be Infiltration. Seriously my mind would be blown. And it makes complete sense for both sides, it just still seems like such a bizarre connection though.

Why does it make sense for Infiltration to go EMP ?

Why does it make sense for Infiltration to go EMP ?

They have island money. They can take care of all his travel expenses and give him a salary even when he's not competing. No other sponsor will be able to or willing to match that offer. That's if he's actually signing with them though. He did leave his team a few weeks ago so their is room to speculate.

rar

i'd lose a lot of respect for yipes if he left brokentier for emp after talking about how great it is on that one podcast thing

So they have announced a player joining emp that wasn't true, then announced they were announcing another player and did nothing and now are strongly hinting at the best player in the world without actually saying it or following through.

Seems legit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So they have announced a player joining emp that wasn't true, then announced they were announcing another player and did nothing and now are strongly hinting at the best player in the world without actually saying it or following through.

Seems legit.

Seems like EMP

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kev's shirt is my favorite BT shirt I gotta say, but yeah.

Guess I should get an Adapt shirt while I can huh? EMP/BT conspiracy to sell shirts confirmed?

kirblar

How does sponsoring Infiltration and paying him a salary help St. Maarten tourism exactly? This whole VxG thing confuses me.
They're trying to draw people in (both locally and from overseas) to spend money at local businesses. It's like how film productions get tax breaks if they film in certain locations.

theowne

They're trying to draw people in (both locally and from overseas) to spend money at local businesses. It's like how film productions get tax breaks if they film in certain locations.

Okay....but sponsoring a player implies flying them out regularly to tourneys. They're gonna pay to sponsor players just to advertise the VxG "name" and get more people from the (small and broke) FGC to come down to St. Maarten once an year?

It's a plan, I guess....

Top Bottom