• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

kirblar

Okay....but sponsoring a player implies flying them out regularly to tourneys. They're gonna pay to sponsor players just to advertise the VxG "name" and get more people from the FGC to come down to St. Maarten once an year?

It's a plan, I guess....
It's all groovy until the point where it gets cut off. Where that is, only Mr. Sparkle knows!

Also likely an example of a real-life principle/agent problem.

jbug617

Banned
Looks like Spooky is trying to move up to a tricaster. I don't know how he is going to do it but would not count him out.

Malice215

I dont even know what a Tricaster is

It's a hardware solution for producing broadcasts. Level Up uses one for their streams now.

Looks like Spooky is trying to move up to a tricaster. I don't know how he is going to do it but would not count him out.

Looks like he's looking for an investor rather than soliciting donations to purchase one. Hope it works out for him. I'm glad he's trying to make that next step up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just Dieminion.

Triforce said there would be 2 more announced. Then he said Mike Ross. Then he said woops I mean we're interested in Mike Ross. Then Mike Ross said why the hell are people saying I'm EMP???

Now Triforce is teasing the next person is going to be Infiltration.

So basically the only person we know for sure is Dieminion and that's because it came from his mouth instead of Triforce's.

Lulubop

Just Dieminion.

Triforce said there would be 2 more announced. Then he said Mike Ross. Then he said woops I mean we're interested in Mike Ross. Then Mike Ross said why the hell are people saying I'm EMP???

Now Triforce is teasing the next person is going to be Infiltration.

So basically the only person we know for sure is Dieminion and that's because it came from his mouth instead of Triforce's.

Well Triforce said 2 people, one east coast who was a former member and the other was Mike Ross.

God I wish I had Photoshop and knew how to use it.

I have it. I don't really know how to use it, but that often doesn't stop me :)

KThnBnp.png

ismk

I'm pretty convinced that Triforce is talking out of his ass and trying to hype EMP. I won't be surprised if there aren't 2 more "major" announcements.

the other day, for the hell of it, I went back into Spooky's archives, to day 1, basically, where it's just he and a couple of his friends streaming games of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood, shit like that.

Skipping from that straight to Winter Brawl - dude has basically taught himself how to direct/produce a legitimate live-sports broadcast. I feel he could probably, with a month or two of reorientation, step into a control van for a network broadcasting a baseball/basketball/football game, and it would go smoothly.

it's like the e-sports equivalent of Eddie Van Halen teaching himself how to play guitar.

the other day, for the hell of it, I went back into Spooky's archives, to day 1, basically, where it's just he and a couple of his friends streaming games of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood, shit like that.

Skipping from that straight to Winter Brawl - dude has basically taught himself how to direct/produce a legitimate live-sports broadcast. I feel he could probably, with a month or two of reorientation, step into a control van for a network broadcasting a baseball/basketball/football game, and it would go smoothly.

it's like the e-sports equivalent of Eddie Van Halen teaching himself how to play guitar.

agreed

His streams using a Tricaster would be insane, I hope he gets the funding

I wonder if its something Spooky would consider. Using Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

I obviously don't know the dude personally, but considering how seriously he takes even asking for donations (as in he doesn't seem to like doing it in the least) I'd imagine he's probably considered the notion, and then discarded it as seeming unfair somehow - even though it's not. There's a humility to that dude, and I think he's doesn't want to ever be seen as someone who could potentially be taking advantage of people, much less his viewers.

Of course, asking said viewers to donate or contribute to an indiegogo campaign would be the farthest thing from taking advantage of his viewers.

I obviously don't know the dude personally, but considering how seriously he takes even asking for donations (as in he doesn't seem to like doing it in the least) I'd imagine he's probably considered the notion, and then discarded it as seeming unfair somehow - even though it's not. There's a humility to that dude, and I think he's doesn't want to ever be seen as someone who could potentially be taking advantage of people, much less his viewers.

Of course, asking said viewers to donate or contribute to an indiegogo campaign would be the farthest thing from taking advantage of his viewers.
The great thing is that people would be more than willing to help out should he ask simply because of the amount of quality streams he's given people.
If he asks for donations sub chat must go.

Why?

gutabo

WTF shoryuken forums and old URLs becoming irrelevant. Don't you guys have a webmaster that knows what he's doing? Like, a tiny bit of URL redirecting? The only thing you need is the thread ID number, everything else is loaded automatically, you don't even need the thread name in the url! And I won't even go into SEO stuff... that's just atrocious.

Nyoro SF

WTF shoryuken forums and old URLs becoming irrelevant. Don't you guys have a webmaster that knows what he's doing? Like, a tiny bit of URL redirecting? The only thing you need is the thread ID number, everything else is loaded automatically, you don't even need the thread name in the url! And I won't even go into SEO stuff... that's just atrocious.

Why would you care about their SEO?

Top Bottom