• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 28-Feb 3 | Melee Vs. Skullgirls: The Fate of Whens Marvel

vulva

Every street fighter game has their own levels of bullshit so pick your poison.

image.php

Busaiku

Why are players of most older games so opposed to balance changes?
I haven't played HDR myself, but I believe that's 1 of the main reasons people don't like it, right?

Nobody was complaining when Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ getting changed to +R though, despite it being 1 of the most balanced games already.
Heck everyone's actually hyped for it.

Dissidia yay

Exdeath/Tifa vs. Squall
Garland/Tidus/Jecht vs. Zidane
I haven't played HDR myself, but I believe that's 1 of the main reasons people don't like it, right?

Nobody was complaining when Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ getting changed to +R though, despite it being 1 of the most balanced games already.
The balance changes in HDR made no sense for the most part.

kirblar

Balance changes for Legacy titles don't make much sense (unless it's say, only trying to nerf Petshop/Akuma so they're un-bannable in tournament play) because people aren't going to take the time to re-learn the games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Super Turbo Match Analysis From SF 25th Anniversary - Damdai vs John Choi, Afrolegends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDUZrBZiQA

Also can the OP do me a favor and add the Iron Fist League (online TTT2 league) to the list? Been running every Tuesday at 8PM EST. More info here (even though it's outdated and only week 1)

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/11/tekken-tag-tournament-2-iron-fist-league-week-1-results-and-replays/

Anyone excited for SFXT 2013 tomorrow?
Done.

And that Sp00ky achievement for Darkstalkers Resurrection is GODLIKE. Can't wait to hear what Sp00ky has to say about it on Big Two. He is now officially Yipes-tier.

jbug617

Banned
Done.

And that Sp00ky achievement for Darkstalkers Resurrection is GODLIKE. Can't wait to hear what Sp00ky has to say about it on Big Two. He is now officially Yipes-tier.

I believe Arturo said that Team Spooky is also referenced in SFXT (Paul's ending).

sleepykyo

Really though, it's not like (as far as I know) that Wolfkrone isn't aware of how dependent Viper is on 50/50 guessing games. Not sure what would be so wrong about both recognizing that a game depends heavily on 50/50s (even if you don't like them) and then also picking a character who exploits that trait well with Viper. Doesn't really make him a hypocrite or anything, just smart with character selection.

Fair enough.

Barfights matches were pretty good. I think you guys will enjoy them. No internet at the venue, but there are plans to hop around different venues, so maybe the next one will have internet. Don't wanna be streaming legos like the last time.

Couple things to look out for:

Killer Kai gif moment of fury

Who is the better Beyonzo?

Evil Elvis moment...

When is the restream?

Ive been having a LOT of fun with sfxt lately and the patch isnt even out yet. Am I crazy?

Have you tried to play online yet?

I started playing SFxTK back in August after dropping the game and I was having fun until I went online where I could only find guys who've put hundreds of hours into the game. The low level players all quit and I can't imagine them coming back.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Have you tried to play online yet?

I started playing SFxTK back in August after dropping the game and I was having fun until I went online where I could only find guys who've put hundreds of hours into the game. The low level players all quit and I can't imagine them coming back.
Yea I did wayyy better than expected. Went on some pretty long win streaks.

Fucking Fanatiq. But then again he was the only person in the FGC aside from Jago and Skisonic to give SG a chance, so it's not like I'm all that shocked.

I've talked to John and Afro about ST before. They both love it. You want to tell me what top American players you have talked to that "don't actually like the game". Would be interesting.

John for one. He enjoys it, but he will tell you himself it's not a good game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/new
Art learning.

Should there be an OT for 2013?
I think, considering the size and scope of the update, an OT might be a good idea, as long as the OP is actually informative and links to resources and change videos. Might wanna PM a mod/check-in with the |OT| |OT| to be sure.

So have they changed all the trials to fit the updated characters too or what?

EDIT: WOW Art just got an in-game ad from Dan telling him to buy preset combo DLC so he could clear the trials he was doing. Wow.

Keep in mind SF3 players hate SF2 as well. Also non sf3 players (namely ST/cvs2) have been a lot more accepting of sf4 than 3s players. And for what it's worth, a good majority of the high profile american ST players don't actually like the game, well they enjoy playing it but will admit that isn't fair or well designed. But for some reason there's a really vocal minority, enabled by popular stream casters (i.e. james chen/ultradavid) that tend to think liking ST and praising it is the "cool" thing to do. Most of it's prominent players will tell you it's a bad game, and it really is.

Gameplay is subjective and you'll never find a consensus on what counts as great gameplay. What you will find a consensus on is that SF4 looks butt ugly and SFxT looked even worse. Hit some jabs with Rufus in SF4 and compare the animation to something like Magneto's standing jabs in MvC3 and it's pretty obvious how terrible a job they did for the animation of SF4. If they make a SF5 I think at the bare minimum they need to ditch the stupid SF4 engine and hire people who actually know how to do the fighting animations well, like those in the MvC3 team.

JeTmAn81

Watching Marn's Zero/Strider on jwong's channel. Just when you thought Zero couldn't get any dumber. I hope he gets so cocky he starts snapping Phoenix out. I think this is the best I've seen a Zero player do as far as Vajra pickups.

Watching Marn's Zero/Strider on jwong's channel. Just when you thought Zero couldn't get any dumber. I hope he gets so cocky he starts snapping Phoenix out. I think this is the best I've seen a Zero player do as far as Vajra pickups.

Is Marn playing well or is Neo just terrible?

Top Bottom