• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | January 7-13 | All Eyez on Mr. Wizard

Dahbomb

But there is no question who would win it...this is like a low midcarder vs John Cena...CJ has no chance, and he'll have no faith in him from anyone at all lol.
It's about how badly Yipes would beat him to show the difference in play.

Like how FChamp came to Bum's house and beat everyone cleanly with his new C tier team. Yes people it's his C tier team that rocked most of the regulars on the Big 2. And yes pun intended.

FChamp's best teams are the following:

A) Mag/Dorm/Doom = EVO winning team, busts it out when he wants to win for real
B) Mag/Doom/Phoenix = His solid Phoenix team which carried him all the way to top 8 EVO. Phoenix is too much of a liability these days but FChamp loves playing her.
C) Dorm/Doom/Phoenix = He alternates between Missiles and Rocks. Dorm isn't at his maximum potential because he needs to be reserved with his meter usage. He loves this team the most because it has 2 of his favorite characters Dorm and Phoenix.
D) Doom/Sentinel/Dorm = His complete anti-Zero team. He busts this out against a Zero only player when he needs the win (*cough* Flux *cough). Sentinel allows him to escape the incoming mix up while Doom and Dorm can zone out Zero.
E) Ghost Rider/Dorm/Doom = It has Ghost Rider on point. Enough said.

I don't think A and B are different levels, I think he just likes certain matchups. I think he's trying to bring C to a higher level because he loves all three characters more than Magneto.

USD

This weekend is the Cooperation Cup, 3S 5on5 tourney. That tournament is tomorrow night. Tonight however is the Pre-Cooperation Cup, a same character 5on5. Most of your big 3S names will be in there as well.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv121768408 - Pre-Cooperation Cup (Live now)

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv121769617 - Cooperation Cup: Tomorrow at 8:30PM EST, 5:30PM PST

Team list for the Pre-Coop Cup (translated by hismit):

1. [Gouki] Uraken/Yuki Otoko/Match/Zabi/Jirou
2. [Necro] Tamu/Ikeyama/Konitan/Uni/Sugiyama
3. [Ibuki] Higa/RED/Koupun/Matsushita/Atsushi
4. [Remy] Pierrot/Shikarobin/Mukuremy/Doriru/Seikun
5. [Hugo] YSB/Eriho/Kaku/Maty/Ono
6. [Dudley] Nakamura/Kokujin/Loli/Yomoda/d
7. [Ken] Shie/Matsuken/Shoutarou/Kitagawa/Gesuyarou
8. [Chun-Li] Nuki/Rikimaru/MOV
9. [Hugo] Ebara/Y-Da/Tanaka/Kubotan/Hugo-kun
10. [Ibuki] Kasumibuki/Tetsu/Ibuki12/Mifu/Erifog
11. [Ibuki] Yoiyami/Goe/BLUE/Don/Aruka
12. [Yun] Moto/Ochibi/Kowappa/Nitto/Yakkun
13. [Alex] Kazuya/Genki/Sakurada/Zonex/KSK
14. [Q] Makeinu/key/Marue/Hara wo Naguru Kikai/Bentouya
15. [Q] TM/Masa/OUT/KASQ/Heya to Y-Shirt to Ore, Otoko no naka no Otoko kara…
16. [Makoto] Boss/Chance/Haitani/Mimora/Tominaga
17. [Yang] Furo/Roshihikari/Kei/Wantaaren (where the hell is KO???)
18. [Chun-Li] Raoh/Izumi/Shirokuro/Magi/Mochi
19. [Alex] Kamitatsu/Tana/Chatarou/Chelsea/Hiro-chan
20. [Makoto] Heikichi/Matsumoto/Jaiko/38/Gensan
21. [Makoto] Furuya/Ootori/Kochiya/Soma/LUKA
22. [Chun-Li] Koushun/AFM/Killer Machine/Shimanta/Ryan
23. [Twelve] Yama/Moto/Pistachio/East/Moge
24. [Ryu] Kuni/Vanao/Ruu/Nekomanma/Namijin
25. [Ryu] Ponyo Ryu/Ashamanbe/Magu/Dance/Sudachi-kun
26. [Dudley] BBK/Kaeru/Youhei/Kamy/Sauce
27. [Urien] Chako/RB/Aoi/Neet/Edo
28. [Urien] Taihei/Usotsuki/Zoddo/Rin/Caroline
29. [Yun] Mester/SHO/Ushi!?/Shinobu/Bagoon
30. [Gouki] TK/Nomoto/Juunin/Daikichi/Tera

And for the Coop Cup itself tomorrow:

1. [Omega Flamingo] Uraken(GO)/Soma(MA)/Furo(YA)/Kowappa(YU)/Furuya(MA)
2. [Death Machine] MOV(CH)/Wantaaren(YA)/Killer Machine(CH)/Moto(YU)/Nakamura(DU)
3. [Nanka Biii! Toshita Yatsura] Wars-san(KE)/Punisuke(IB)/Yanma(YA)/Sekai Hiroshi(RY)/Mumei(KE)
4. [Datena F1R] Dance(RY)/Gesuyarou(KE)/Bagon(YU)/Usotsuki(UR)/Niku(NE)
5. [Houtenbu no Jin] Shie(KE)/Shoutarou(KE)/Chance(MA)/Matsushita(IB)/Loli(DU)
6. [BM Jiro ~ Tougeki 2009&12] YSB(HU)/TM(Q)/Ruu(RY)/Zonex(AL)/Kaeru(DU)
7. [Roppongi Beasts] OUT(Q)/Ono(HU)/Mukuremy(RE)/Juunin(GO)/TK(GO)
8. [KDKW] Kazuya(AL)/Magu(RY)/Amaguri(YA)/Nekomashi(YU)/Pin II(UR)
9. [Suggoi!! 3rd Strike tenkousei Toki to Mamiya de Shoubu da!] Don(IB)/BLUE(IB)/Shibu(MA)/Bentouya(Q)/Nanakin(CH)
10. [It's show times] SHO(YU)/Iyan(YA)/Sakurada(AL)/Model(CH)/Zabi(GO)
11. [God Power Boss with Mimo who] Boss(YU)/Rikimaru(CH)/Haitani(MA)/Mimora(MA)/Tominaga(MA)
12. [Ameno Murakumo] Raoh(CH)/Mester(YU)/Matsuken(KE)/Match(GO)/Higa(IB)
13. [Returned Urawa Bulls] Sugiyama(NE)/Koushun(CH)/Roshihikari(YA)/RX(UR)/Pistachio(TW)
14. [Fubukiiteru] Youhei(DU)/Key(Q)/Koro(OR)/Y2J(RY)/PinoAB7(NE)
15. [Chou Seimitsugumi] Seikun(RE)/Nuki(CH)/Genki(AL)/Kuni(RY)/Taihei(UR)
16. [Boku wa Nakanai!] Shiki(UR)/Hiyashinsu(YU)/Takurou(KE)/Sugi(DU)/Hazeru Real(DU)
17. [Takatsuki LeeBros Otona Ryoku Daihyou] AKI(NE)/Watanabe(KE)/Orochi Noppo(DU)/Shimanta(CH)/CASA(EL)
18. [Hiroshima-san Okonomiyaki] Sei(EL)/Thanatos(OR)/Kamy(DU)/Oro(KE)/Onoda(EL)
19. [Sasugani!] Chako(UR)/Ebara(HU)/Nisu(KE)/Mochi(CH)/Yomoda(DU)
20. [Sugoude] Hiro-chan(OR)/Yuki Otoko(GO)/Shikarobin(RE)/Yoiyami(IB)/Masa(Q)
21. [Tsuda Kaito Raijin] Goe(IB)/Izumi(CH)/red(IB)/East(TW)/Yama(TW)
22. [Ashita kara Honki dasu] Ikeyama(NE)/Tetsu(IB)/Torigomoku(IB)/Kake-d(KE)/Zoddo(UR)
23. [Zenchizennou no Kami Fugisu] Kitagawa(KE)/Terubou(YU)/LUKA(MA)/Chelsea(OR)/Fugi(CH)
24. [Kouenji no Boss Hiyama to Yukaina Chuugentachi] Hiyama(CH)/Heboryu(RY)/Tarou(UR)/Matsumoto(MA)/Atsushi(IB)
25. [Year's end Interrogation] Heikichi(MA)/GX(YA)/Rin(UR)/Shaboten(RY)/OsakaB(AL)
26. [Kyushu Men ~Dagashikashi~] Ushi!?(YU)/RB(UR)/Koupun.(IB)/KASQ(Q)/Kuroda(RY)
27. [TO LOVE Ru Darkness] Shirokuro(CH)/Derun(YU)/Olga(YU)/L(KE)/Atsushi(YU)
28. [K.O Family] Pierrot(RE)/Kokujin(DU)/Yakkun(YU)/Ochibi(YU)/Tokura(YA)
29. [Jiendo of 3rd Strike] Vanao(RY)/Pierre(UR)/Magi(CH)/AFM(CH)/Akita(KE)
30. [Sonna mitsu ni Tsurareru kuma-] Makeinu(Q)/Kuma(AL)/Meganesuki(AL)/Kanbara(TW)/Tsubaki(UR)
31. [VICE CITY] Ryan(CH)/JP ‘pherai’(GO)/Ken I.(MA)/Dankah(MA)/Ichi(KE)
32. [Koriyama-zei] Terunosuke(AL)/Ramon(HU)/Kitagawa(DU)/Akitarou(MA)/Death Yona(UR)
33. [(゚Д゚)Fakisamiyou] Ibuki12(IB)/Eriho(HU)/ray(YA)/Aoyan(YA)/?(CH)
34. [God Loves Mont Blanc] dirty♪(OR)/Nights(YU)/Namijin(RY)/Tama(OR)/Aruka(IB)
35. [Fukuda's Parents] dochibi(CH)/Suzuki(KE)/Fukuda(RY)/Jasmine(KE)/Ebimayo(MA)
36. [Shibuya Champion Force] Keeper(KE)/Issei(YU)/Mimic(MA)/Misawa(KE)/Inaashu(MA)
37. [Janken Spark Force] Edo(UR)/A-JI(YA)/Atarime(DU)/Fugu(OR)/KEE(AL)
38. [Hagure Dougi] Konitan(NE)/Nekomanma(RY)/Ootori(MA)/Jirou(GO)/Georgia(KE)
39. Last chance team

Dahbomb

Pretty sure match ups had nothing to do with him deciding to use his Dorm team against Ifrit at EVO. Phoenix rocks those characters. He even said before EVO that he would use his Phoenix team unless he loses. He lost so he picked his A shit.

The Phoenix team is essentially useless against ChrisG's team but against most non-Firebrand unblockable team it works fine.

kirblar

I don't think A and B are different levels, I think he just likes certain matchups. I think he's trying to bring C to a higher level because he loves all three characters more than Magneto.
He prefers playing B, and only brings out A if he respects the person he's playing against. (He did not respect Infrit until he got bopped by him.)

Yipes is already at the top. Who is CJ to him? It's CJ trying to make a name for himself off of Yipes' name instead of making his own. He should have came with FChamp to the east coast if he was really that interested in challenging him. Real talk.

I do agree with Fab about people not playing KOF and just using online play as an excuse.

I can't comment on Chris G not being at the HOC since I don't know the full details, but if you are someone that wants to be the best and play the best, then you go to where the best are at instead of expecting them to come to you. It's not the same with FChamp or Alioune coming through because they are visiting and want to play as much as possible.

I can guarantee you that if CJ wanted a big MM with Justin there no way in hell Justin turns it down. I just don't see why Yipes doesn't take the free win. There's no such thing as a free meal in life, but this is as close as it gets.

And LOL at CJ trying to make a name for himself. Dudes been around longer than half of FGC GAF. People know his name and he's not in any way like a Wolfkrone who's looking for a sponsorship. He has the money and time to go to majors he's isn't exactly OMG itz Andre who's looking for a career out of gaming. He is just a irrational confidence guy (Bill Simmons Term). CJ a dude with kids, not some kid himself. Just take the match... beat him and then move on.

Everyone here agrees that Yipes would win. I just don't know why he doesn't have confidence in himself like we do in him. This is coming from a fan of Yipes. This is like LeBron James not taking the final shot, when guys like Michael and Kobe would go out of their way to take the final shot. C'mon YIPES!

The coincidental mute/sound cut off for UltraDavid's explanation of Frame traps was something else lol.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot Apex had it's own thread...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bifu has a subscription now? Haven't seen one subscriber. Poor guy. LOL.

^ I wonder if I should do the deed USD?

He gains money, and putting CJ in his place. I would love to put CJ in his place... if I was Yipes of course.

Didn't Yipes just get engaged? How the fuck you not care for money? That's a bunch of bull shit. I don't think CJ can beat Yipes even if Yipes was at 75%. Take the free money!

IF I didn't know any better, I'd say this shit is a work for the next Curleh Mustache, where Chris G vs FChamp is the main event, with CJ Showstopper vs Yipes as the undercard.

These two teams in the finals for the pre co-op cup. I have to see the Makoto team play.

11. [God Power Boss with Mimo who] Boss(YU)/Rikimaru(CH)/Haitani(MA)/Mimora(MA)/Tominaga(MA)

These two teams in the finals for the co-op cup.

<3<3<3<3 Makoto <3<3<3<3

Edit: This is my first time using Nico Nico. What is this give up your seat bs?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Needs some salty suites from Art or something.

God. I am horrible at ice skating. I can go fast but I can't ever stop.

These two teams in the finals for the pre co-op cup. I have to see the Makoto team play.

These two teams in the finals for the co-op cup.

<3<3<3<3 Makoto <3<3<3<3

Edit: This is my first time using Nico Nico. What is this give up your seat bs?

Kuroda didn't win? :-(

Mumei

3. [Nanka Biii! Toshita Yatsura] Wars-san(KE)/Punisuke(IB)/Yanma(YA)/Sekai Hiroshi(RY)/Mumei(KE)

You know, I was confused when I searched my name on GAF to see if I had been quoted and a topic I hadn't posted in popped up, but now it makes much more sense.

El Sloth

Banned
iIkyQYAxjcllJ.gif

rar

so why doesn't bum go to tournaments?

i don't understand why you'd play so much if you're not going to compete

Top Bottom