• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 29 - August 4 | Obey your thirst

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just watched Sp00ky's blowup. OMG. LOL. Everything was all fine and dandy, then Art started talking and shit hit the fan. All of a sudden Dieminion was in Grand Finals.

jbug617

Banned
Just watched Sp00ky's blowup. OMG. LOL. Everything was all fine and dandy, then Art started talking and shit hit the fan. All of a sudden Dieminion was in Grand Finals.

yeah you can hear Art during the character select screen hoping they would make the right choice.

kirblar

On the positive/negative feedback thing - this is why you have win/loss % hidden away in systems menus and "Player/Battle" points used instead -they don't want players seeing their real win rate.

ashyman16 3 hours ago
dat $100 pot split

KuGsj.gif
shit is real in the streets nowadays, gotta get that fight money

xCobalt

It's surprising how many people are overreacting to a relatively vague post by Max. With no details, its really easy for people to start rumours or let their mind wander.

It also didn't help that Art was being the collusion cheerleader, he said it all night lol, guess that wasn't much of a warning to the players.

It's surprising how many people are overreacting to a relatively vague post by Max. With no details, its really easy for people to start rumours or let their mind wander.

well its not just max. Eventhub's Jason (not a fan of him tho) has said the same thing. Also Mr. Wizard implied it as well.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't think max is gonna come in here and post what he did over something really small. plus mr wizard came in right after and posted something similar.

Dahbomb

On the positive/negative feedback thing - this is why you have win/loss % hidden away in systems menus and "Player/Battle" points used instead -they don't want players seeing their real win rate.
A 100% this.

You have no idea how much different each match plays out in a game of DOTA 2 vs HON.

In HoN everyone can look at your score ranking, your percentage of wins and most of your stats. In DOTA 2 all you can see is how many matches have been played (which means diddly squat).

So HoN match goes on and people are continuously shit talking each other "shut up 1600 MMR noob!" Worse is the team being ordered from best to worst by colors... so someone who is orange on a particular team is always the worst ranked player on the team and always get shit on.

Kalamari

It also didn't help that Art was being the collusion cheerleader, he said it all night lol, guess that wasn't much of a warning to the players.

Ya, I think there was a lot of lighthearted joking around about collusion on stream. The players probably got the wrong impression and decided to collude because they thought it would be funny or something.

brettreyu

Is the rumor at this point that Capcom might be blacking out everyone from streaming their games? Thus killing sponsorship money and tournaments?

Rhapsody

Banned
I have only seen one match of LoL and that was my friend playing it. Never saw that or any other similar games.
Never had the interest in checking it out yet though.
lol

MrDaravon

Is the rumor at this point that Capcom might be blacking out everyone from streaming their games? Thus killing sponsorship money and tournaments?

That's the rumor but that ultimately seems unlikely. What does seem to be happening is that either one or more existing or potential sponsors are unhappy and could be pulling out or cutting down.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't see them blacking it out for everybody but if they start picking and choosing its going to be chaos.

If Capcom actually blacked out unauthorised FG streams, they would be pants-on-head retarded. It 100% won't happen.

I'd imagine that the major sponsor loss was a new sponsor that is now bailing before being made known.

brettreyu

If Capcom actually blacked out unauthorised FG streams, they would be pants-on-head retarded. It 100% won't happen.

I'd imagine that the major sponsor loss was a new sponsor that is now bailing before being made known.

That makes the most sense. Theres been a lot of references too "future potential". Did somebody from Marvel shit can a patch or MvC4 after last night? Now that would be some drama worthy of the FGC.

JDdelphin

If I can get somebody to write some scripts and a group of people to do voice acting, I can make an FGC cartoon a reality.

I also can do voice work and have written a few scripts.
Lets do this.

BTW, what should it be called?

'Community' has already been taken...

Tournamuppet Babies?

kirblar

That makes the most sense. Theres been a lot of references too "future potential". Did somebody from Marvel shit can a patch or MvC4 after last night? Now that would be some drama worthy of the FGC.
A decision like that wouldn't happen that fast in a corporate environment. Definitely external.

Remember when Keystone streams were the height of getting live fighting games? They honestly turned me on to fighting games. People played for pride and for destroying the opponents ego. There were local gatekeepers, gimmick players, wake up ultras and it was fun. Now we have players with so much talent but don't care about the win or loss. I wish my Yang was as good at Chris G's troll Yang.

Top Bottom