• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Toge

I wonder how Mago is going to pay for his keep hahahaha

Anyway I can see Mago leveling up hard in KoF/UMvC3 and Justin leveling up in KoF13 just by playing Mago.

sleepykyo

This is why I think Persona is going to do huge- this game will be 100% dead, and MK/SC/KOF will suffer some as well from a post-EVO drop- MK and KOF are getting a bit long in the tooth, and SC never really took off. People are going to want something new (and not sure VF will get many more folks though it deserves it) It's fertile ground for a new 2d game after EVO- Atlus really picked great release dates for KOFXIII (the original release date would have been better) and Persona.

The ground is ripe, and the only thing that I think could derail it is GG causing a community split if it gets released too close to Persona's release date (and even then I think most folks will quit GG fast)

MK and SC players aren't going to play it. In end they'll stick with the current game or transition over to Injustice and TTT2 respectively.

Persona will get some of the Atlus/KoF/anime crowd and that's it.

Road

Anyway I can see Mago leveling up hard in KoF/UMvC3 and Justin leveling up in KoF13 just by playing Mago.

Everybody needs to level up in KOF13. I need to see Bala at least pretending he's having a hard time.

Busaiku

Everybody needs to level up in KOF13. I need to see Bala at least pretending he's having a hard time.

He did actually lose a tournament, I think the The Runback before MLG.
I think that was the only streamed event that he didn't win.

But he was sent to losers before a couple other times though.

Nightly FT3 or 5 against some of SoCal's best and he has to play against online randoms for at least 6 hours each night. All can only be found exclusively on Justin's stream. That's how he'll earn his keep lol.

Nightly FT3 or 5 against some of SoCal's best and he has to play against online randoms for at least 6 hours each night. All can only be found exclusively on Justin's stream. That's how he'll earn his keep lol.

That would be awesome, but unlikely.

Justin's buying three weeks of practice vs freaking Mago. It's a paid service. :p

Shingin

I don't think I've ever seen WNF and ASW(let alone BlazBlue) in the same sentence. WNF has been putting all the new games on show for a while now. It'd be great if they gave Persona the same treatment they gave Skullgirls and Virtua Fighter. It wasn't just the community that kinda slacked on BB here(ASW is also to blame for sure).

We had bb on wnf for a while until the number of entrants dropped (not viewers)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9152819

We used to have WNF setup to showcase a game from the community for an 1 hr max. Certain nights we would show bb, T6, TVC and ssf4 all in the same night.

At one point in time we even had AH3, MK9 and MVC3
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/286189586

We're always willing to put new games out there on wnf and trb but its ultimately the community's choice if they want to support their scene at wnf or trb. As long as the entrants are good 6+ we'll keep hosting them. Right now skulgirls is barely hanging on, its the reason why it got replaced by vf5 for stream time.

The more of community that supports us by showing up to our events, the bigger and better things we can do for them in the future. I'm sure you'll see p4a show up once it gets released. T6, TTT2 and SC2 are Aris thing so we let him handle those games on Friday nights.

Zuly

fsJy4tKM

So good.

Everything he posts is golden.

We're always willing to put new games out there on wnf and trb but its ultimately the community's choice if they want to support their scene at wnf or trb. As long as the entrants are good 6+ we'll keep hosting them. Right now skulgirls is barely hanging on, its the reason why it got replaced by vf5 for stream time.

I've been enjoying the VF. The commentary got better last week. I understand AE with Mago and Justin may put a dent in that, but that's fine. But please don't tell us again that the reason you can only show VF grand finals is because of SFxT.

Top Bottom