• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Chavelo

AvXxwtUCEAEOpLW.jpg

HYPE IS RISING

I hope we get full promo before the wc vs ec 5v5 WWE style. Maybe a rock bottom, a people's elbow, a stone cold stunner, maybe a sweet chin music. Who knows...

I'm expecting all of those though!!

Dahbomb

chrisg running vergil? i called that character being awesome in the morridoom shell when it first started.
You also called FChamp's Doom being useless and yesterday he ran a train against ChrisG and MarlinPie. Also Vergil + MorriDoom was discovered by Omniscythe first a very long time ago.

Yo smoked turkey legs are godlike, my state fair isnt' for another 2 months i'm sad now.

YES. State fair time is almost here! All the godlike fried food comes out to play.

I hate the joints that fast smoke them. Not tender enough. Do the job right people!

JeTmAn81

You also called FChamp's Doom being useless and yesterday he ran a train against ChrisG and MarlinPie. Also Vergil + MorriDoom was discovered by Omniscythe first a very long time ago.

Was this before or after you published your appraisal of that team as a theoretical monster?

Dahbomb

I click on some of the other videos and I found this one really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1tBXYznfFE&feature=plcp
Fanatiq confirms FGTV to be the hyperbolic time chamber of Marvel.

FChamp to win EVO confirmed.

Was this before or after you published your appraisal of that team as a theoretical monster?
I knew Vergil + Doom was legit week 1 of Marvel because Kerahime figured out traps/set ups with Vergil + Hidden Missiles and Spiral Swords to keep people in a lockdown using Round Trip. I had also been in the lab figuring out set ups with Spiral Swords and Round Trip to perform pseudo lockdowns especially with Repulsor Blast or Unibeam. Morrigan + Vergil came a bit after and that was mostly the discovery of Omniscythe. He then put 2 on 2 together and behold we got Vergil/Morrigan/Doom.

It's not going to be long until Viscant declares this team in one of the best teams. Akuma does well in that team but it's not a true 3 man synergy team like VMD is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I click on some of the other videos and I found this one really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1tBXYznfFE&feature=plcp
Good interview. I'm liking where this FGCxDBZ shit is going.

Jebailey might have a bigger ego than all the internet tubes can handle but I gotta give it to the man, he puts on the best show possible. CEO was my favorite tournament last year and this year's looking even much better.

Can't wait.
Word, I really don't like the dude's ego, but he puts in work.

Good interview. I'm liking where this FGCxDBZ shit is going.

It's the best way he knows to get attention and it works, but when you actually sit down to talk with him, he's a really cool and nice guy. I'm not a fan of those type either but he knows when to use it and when to be genuine.

Dahbomb

You can sort of say that about RayRay too. He beat numerous top players back to back and was probably mentally strained by the time he got to Justin Wong.

Ferrio

Banned
So who would you guys like to see take Marvel at Evo?

I'd love if Combo or Marlin took it. Both have non standard teams that I've to see make it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The whole Jebaley ego thing is just his 'persona'.
That wrestling ring shows how much he loves the FGC.

I'd love if Combo or Marlin took it. Both have non standard teams that I've to see make it.

I love how Viscant plays and it would really piss a lot of people if he won again, so cheering for him is a no brainer for me.

Other than that, Combofiend obviously but I think he has next to no chance. I'm guessing PRB will go one better.

Agree, nothing wrong with being a dick if you actually do shit. Guys who just run their mouth and contribute nothing are the problem.

Richard Nguyen vs Marlin Pie on lowest handicap (lowest damage) settings oh and a rule of no blocking.

Best combo wins!

But I would just love for a hype finals between any of these five guys. Champ, Justin, Combo, Marlin, or Yipes.

Azure J

Combo, Chris G, F. Champ, Marlin, PR Rog (if he does that Dante/Spencer/Felicia stuff), & Yipes (he needs a major so badly) are the ones I'd love to see take the whole thing.

Kikujiro

Jebailey might have a bigger ego than all the internet tubes can handle but I gotta give it to the man, he puts on the best show possible. CEO was my favorite tournament last year and this year's looking even much better.

Can't wait.

Jebailey's ego is not really a problem, it's part of his character, I find it more funny than annoying (like the Cross Assault meltdown). He is one of the most passionate people in the community and he does a lot of good shit, so kudos to him.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I know we all love to mock Triforce, but on a serious note;

Triforce said:
This post is not a joke. Throughout the last 2 weeks my Mother was sick because of cancer in her liver. While I was at E3/MLG I was informed that she had less than a few days to live. I'm very angry this afternoon because my Mother has just passed away 2 hours ago in Jamaica and I was not even able to tell her I love her over the phone while she was on her death bed. My family told me she asked for me before she died. Now I have to live with that.

:(

jbug617

Banned
US AE SBO quals are going to happen on June 30th. It's 3v3 so I expect an EG team (Justin, Ricky and Floez) and Cross Counter (Champ, Combofiend and Ross) to be top contenders.

Ferrio

Banned
Are their any known japanese marvel players that are coming for sure? The one that won the last major isn't attending is he?

Top Bottom