• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I can't stop laughing.... lol I totally missed the Dickwin vs Flush match. =(

Hehe . It was good match for Royal he made dick look as free as a condom with a hole. I honestly rate flush so high not because he uses wacky characters or that. I rate it just by the way he plays his team and has it down pat when it comes to team cohesion. Love seeing that t.c top level players have.

ETR is leaving?

tumblr_m2z462sMqh1r67ymi.gif

Wentinel finally learn some Mine combos.

I dont understand why you dislike him so much

also he tweeted that hes not really leaving morel ike trolling stream monsters

I don't know either... I wish I knew to be honest. I think it's a combination of everything. He doesn't have a single quality that I like at least Ski he stays on topic.

at the sessions i've been too, he's just overly excited about games in general, so i can see how this carries over into his commentary and such. i can see how this would be offputting on a stream and in person, but he's not a bad dude or anything. he just really likes fighting games.

at the sessions i've been too, he's just overly excited about games in general, so i can see how this carries over into his commentary and such. i can see how this would be offputting on a stream and in person, but he's not a bad dude or anything. he just really likes fighting games.

I don't hate ETR as a person just as a commentator. I mean shit put me in the mic and I'm sure there will be stream monsters calling for my head so I understand.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
With Mike Ross at CEO good to see Levelup giving other white people some mic time.

...I kid that Shumaguy is on every other week.

USD

2nd TOPANGA League is back again:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv94104625

For those who can watch the whole thing, I'll at least post the match results.

Here are the matches for today, in order:

Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Kyabetsu (C.Viper)
3-2 ●○●○○
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Banbaban (Cammy)
0-3 ●●●
Eita (Akuma) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
0-3 ●●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-1 ○○●○
Yazu (Guile) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
0-3 ●●●
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
1-3 ●○●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Dogura (M.Bison)
1-3 ●●○●
Eita (Akuma) vs. VER (Gouken)
3-1 ○●○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Dashio (Seth)
1-3 ●○●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
2-3 ○●●○●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Eita (Akuma)
0-3 ●●●
Yazu (Guile) vs. VER (Gouken)
0-3 ●●●

I'll be a bit preoccupied with this haha, but I'll try to get the CEO thread up as soon as possible during/after. Ish.

OceanBlue

2nd TOPANGA League is back again:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv94104625

For those who can watch the whole thing, I'll at least post the match results.

Here are the matches for today, in order:

Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Kyabetsu (C.Viper)
3-2 ●○●○○
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Banbaban (Cammy)
0-3 ●●●
Eita (Akuma) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
0-3 ●●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-1 ○○●○
Yazu (Guile) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
0-3 ●●●
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
1-3 ●○●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Dogura (M.Bison)
1-3 ●●○●
Eita (Akuma) vs. VER (Gouken)
3-1 ○●○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Dashio (Seth)
1-3 ●○●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
2-3 ○●●○●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Eita (Akuma)
Yazu (Guile) vs. VER (Gouken)

I'll be a bit preoccupied with this haha, but I'll try to get the CEO thread up as soon as possible during/after. Ish.

I can only imagine how great these matches must be... It doesn't even seem like anyone is dominant except for Sasaki and Dogura.

I can only hope for another big tournament with all of the top Japanese players similar to the Capcom tournament last year. That would be amazing.

I wonder if he has a closet full of those EG sweatshirts.

Actually, he probably just has one. Set in a secret closet he has to access with the keys of a piano. Ala Batman.

Solune

Did anyone watch Li Joe show this week and can share what was talked about? I was too busy training in Marvel and watching The Runback.

Venfayth

The Traveling Circus new line of t-shirts...how exciting.

PXG did a giveaway of some traveling circus shirts on his stream, but nobody who won ever received their shirts. Panda said he spoke with them and they said they'd resend them, but again nobody got em.

Not really sure what happened there, but I'm disenchanted w/ TTC.

Chavelo

kz3Dv.jpg

I'm going to work on a little project for EVO. Gonna set up a station with my laptop with all the costumes replaced by mod in AE. :D

Venfayth

they are saying mlg kof is dead? is it trolling?

The numbers for KOF at MLG have consistently been low, they were debating even having it at Anaheim, but they gave it another shot. The numbers at Anaheim were barely any larger, so it's likely it won't return to MLG next season.

It sounds like a very beefy patch. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Settable GGPO delay per-match like Skullgirls has. We personally don’t see much value in this, as this is largely just a personal preference the player has (how much delay am I willing to tolerate versus how much teleporting am I willing to tolerate), and the connection to your current opponent shouldn’t affect your personal threshold there at all. If you are a high level player who can feel the difference a few frames of lag makes and you drop combos, you will want that as low as possible no matter what. If you hate teleporting and are willing to deal with slightly slower reaction times you should make it higher. We also think that looking at ping in a lobby versus during a 3-minute match isn’t the best metric for setting that delay value.
This made me sad though. It also sucks that they can't add those extra stages from the other SFIII games. I can't wait for this generation to end already. Maybe MS and Sony will go back to the drawing board and build a better update system that allows beefier patches/updates so that we can get more classic stages and music added to games after release.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Option to disable the Challenge HUD from the sides in modes where they are visible

nice!

Matchmaking filters for region (can be set to same region you are in, or “any region”) & ping time

this prolly works wonders for america and japan, but pls capcom. europe has lots of small regions in it. I have great connections lots of people from various regions close to me, choosing "any region" mainly gets me hella americans and chinese people. "same region" is a wasteland. shit's wack.

Top Bottom