• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 18-24

Ra1den

This reminds me, anybody know where i can find the "Gam3r" documentary that premiered at CEO? I need to watch that again. I wonder if it is on the Sp00ky archives.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What did he say?
He got used for free publicity, doesn't talk to them anymore, kind of fell apart without him talking to them again. Joe also admit he was being ignorant and selfish and realized Brazzers thing would be a bad look for the FGC in general.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Local player West got 13th place at CEO and I missed it due to Fathers Day stuff. Oh well, priorities.

He got used for free publicity, doesn't talk to them anymore, kind of fell apart without him talking to them again. Joe also admit he was being ignorant and selfish and realized Brazzers thing would be a bad look for the FGC in general.
Yeah, he was really naive going into it, but live and learn.

Where is this beef at cause I'm looking on twitter now to see where it's at.
Okay I see it now.
Also Triforce may have leveled up just now.

What did Triforce say about Broken Tier?

I watched like a few minutes earlier when he was on talking about his mother's death and how he has changed but apparently that was all full of crap huh? Already back to his stupid ass antics.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What did Triforce say about Broken Tier?

I watched like a few minutes earlier when he was on talking about his mother's death and how he has changed but apparently that was all full of crap huh? Already back to his stupid ass antics.
He left and then came back when topics changed with stream monsters calling in.

Broken Tier and The Traveling Circus had some argument over who deserved the rights to some horsehead shirt or something and they were going at eachother on twitter allegedly. And then Yipes calls in and hes like ITS ALL FROM THE ARC etc. etc. Back into TriForce mode. With LI Joe putting in his TriForce bias into the argument.

Also TriForce displaying his lack of knowledge about how royalties work and why they do indeed make sense.

Chavelo

He left and then came back when topics changed with stream monsters calling in.

Broken Tier and The Traveling Circus had some argument over who deserved the rights to some horsehead shirt or something and they were going at eachother on twitter allegedly. And then Yipes calls in and hes like ITS ALL FROM THE ARC etc. etc. Back into TriForce mode. With LI Joe putting in his TriForce bias into the argument.

Also TriForce displaying his lack of knowledge about how royalties work and why they do indeed make sense.

What BrokenTier popped off on was the fact that The Traveling Circus made a shirt that was originally made popular by the IPW crew, and they didn't ask Haunts or anyone if they could do it. BrokenTier then said that since he came up with a bunch of ideas for Yipes' stuff, he decided to better ask the man himself and give him a cut if he agreed.

Plus, The Traveling Circus do have shitty designs. :p

Are people shitting on BT now?

Just Triforce being a Triforce.

It seriously baffles why Lil Joe gives him the spotlight...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are people shitting on BT now?
Not really, although there is kind of a weird passive aggressive tone towards them and not TTC even though many of the points apply to both.

What BrokenTier popped off on was the fact that The Traveling Circus made a shirt that was originally made popular by the IPW crew, and they didn't ask Haunts or anyone if they could do it. BrokenTier then said that since he came up with a bunch of ideas for Yipes' stuff, he decided to better ask the man himself and give him a cut if he agreed.

Plus, The Traveling Circus do have shitty designs. :p
Goddamn, FGC Drama.

Also I agree with the bolded. I'm not even down with all the BT designs but they at least have an ear for design and some shit that's actually wearable.

Yo Koogy, where are my Viscant (and Dieminion) T-shirts?

Brokentier actually sponsors players like Yipes and Dieminion, and support Spooky.

How could anyone hate on that?

Who the fuck cares if their T-Shirt designs aren't original, NO T-Shirt design is original nowadays anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
koogy: they didn't do anything involving me
koogy: they stole HORSEHEAD from IPW
» and put it on a shirt
koogy: and haunts / those guys get NOTHING for it
koogy: that's my issue

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Triforce is a lame ass dude. Seriously. He tries to hard. He's your uncle that believes every conspiracy theory and is always telling half-truths. Would never trust the guy. EVER

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Triforce is a lame ass dude. Seriously. He tries to hard. He's your uncle that believes every conspiracy theory and is always telling half-truths. Would never trust the guy. EVER
And at the end of all the TriForce logic "...whatever, let it rock."

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
God damn it. I went on a jog after feeling good about that real talk, but sure enough I missed Triforce's return to make a snipe at BT. Gonna look through these tweets you guys posted to see what I missed.

Salty has been around since the 80's. I'm done with Joe's stream since right before ECT4. Joe is a cool dude but he has some lame ass friends that he gives giving spot light to.

Grecco

Triforce is right though he can't complain about another company doing what he's doing. He doesn't hate BT at all said.

Brokentier uses stuff from players they sponsor and also share cuts of their profits yipes gets part of the sales of the yipes shirts spooky gets part of the sales of the spooky shirts ect

TTC, just uses stuff from the community and doesnt give credit or profits. They had 8.95 shirts, they had shirts for the what are you standing up for thing from ricky barely days after it happened. ( I dont see them on sale now though), they have the horsehead thing. Pretty sure IPW started the whole horseheads in the fgc thing. Whether they created the horsehead is irrelevant. Hell TTC has a shirt with freaking Daigo/Tokido/Mago on it. Clearly parody but you think Daigo is getting any part of that? In the end whether its legal or not, its clearly not that ethical to the fgc.

the beef with ER is more due to the fact that it seems ER just used a design from one of Broken tiers streams i think.

N4Us

Thinks it's alright for me to say this now, but some of the NorCal KOF13 guys - Fixel, BBZ, Hellpockets and El Gallo Negro - will be at The Runback this Thursday. Hopefully they get some showcase matches streamed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"The second dynasty is about to start"
"I'm calling this one the Phoenix Dynasty."
- Triforce, 2012

EDIT: Oh my god, MLG is replacing KoF with DOA5 and VF5? What the hell are they thinking?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
- Triforce, 2012

EDIT: Oh my god, MLG is replacing KoF with DOA5 and VF5? What the hell are they thinking?

I'm glad you posted that because I thought I was hearing some strange shit. Crazy.

remist

Brokentier uses stuff from players they sponsor and also share cuts of their profits yipes gets part of the sales of the yipes shirts spooky gets part of the sales of the spooky shirts ect

TTC, just uses stuff from the community and doesnt give credit or profits. They had 8.95 shirts, they had shirts for the what are you standing up for thing from ricky barely days after it happened. ( I dont see them on sale now though), they have the horsehead thing. Pretty sure IPW started the whole horseheads in the fgc thing. Whether they created the horsehead is irrelevant. Hell TTC has a shirt with freaking Daigo/Tokido/Mago on it. Clearly parody but you think Daigo is getting any part of that? In the end whether its legal or not, its clearly not that ethical to the fgc.

the beef with ER is more due to the fact that it seems ER just used a design from one of Broken tiers streams i think.

Who are they supposed to give profit to for 8.95? IPW should get royalties from the horsehead shirt just because they wore it in the context of a fighting game event? The Daigo/Tokido/Mago thing does seem shady if they never got money though.

- Triforce, 2012

One of the big names of MLG was asking about interest for the game and it was mentioned on Shidosha's stream.

I love VF, but maybe we will see some new life after a bigger audience sees it in EVO. I have my doubts though.

Grecco

- Triforce, 2012

At least wait till Persona 4 uuuu a what am i thinking. Either MLG has to open up the check book to Capcom or probably just dump fighting games.

Edgeward

Thinks it's alright for me to say this now, but some of the NorCal KOF13 guys - Fixel, BBZ, Hellpockets and El Gallo Negro - will be at The Runback this Thursday. Hopefully they get some showcase matches streamed.

Fuck yes. They should but a special team battle if that's the case.

Top Bottom