• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 18-24

The large KOF community in California stuck to their FGC roots and didn't go to MLG events.

I would assume the semi-large VF community in California would be the same way, although they're older.

DOA is what fightingMLG was made for.

Even if VF or DOA don't work out, TTT2 will be there soon.

Zuly

The large KOF community in California stuck to their FGC roots and didn't go to MLG events.

I would assume the semi-large VF community in California would be the same way, although they're older.

DOA is what fightingMLG was made for.

Even if VF or DOA don't work out, TTT2 will be there soon.

I don't know, but we'll see. The VF5 community might be a little more mature about the situation. The problem is going to be the competition. They'll have to bring Japanese players if anything.

remist

http://imgur.com/4HeVA
wow Andre and Mr. Wizard went at each other like that. I however agree with Andre though cause 3/5 Marvel is not gonna hold up any games but at least they're gonna make it 3/5 at quarter finals.

-10 respect for the defensive red card threat. Or maybe he's just joking. I can't tell.

edit: seems Andre is fine with it when he realized quarters and semis meant top 128.

sleepykyo

"The second dynasty is about to start"
"I'm calling this one the Phoenix Dynasty."
- Triforce, 2012

EDIT: Oh my god, MLG is replacing KoF with DOA5 and VF5? What the hell are they thinking?

KoF failed twice and while VF5 and DOA5 will probably fail to draw big numbers, they haven't failed yet.

"The second dynasty is about to start"
"I'm calling this one the Phoenix Dynasty."
- Triforce, 2012

EDIT: Oh my god, MLG is replacing KoF with DOA5 and VF5? What the hell are they thinking?

Them adding DOA5 should have come as no surprise, considering how ESports were big at DOA4. But yeah VF5 would be a LOL move and make you question not just whether they know what they are doing, but whether they have become desperate and are just clutching at straws. Then again it could be that Sega is paying them well to put the game in their circuit, if that's the case then Sega is the one we should be LOL at.

hypernima

Banned
-10 respect for the defensive red card threat. Or maybe he's just joking. I can't tell.

edit: seems Andre is fine with it when he realized quarters and semis meant top 128.

He seems serious, I mean despite Andre's rep in the FGC it was a legitimate concern.
He didn't need to get all alpha for no reason.

That's Sherry.

I figured. I thought Fanatiq was kidding about that but real talk it's not that hard to piggyback someone though.

QUOTE=remist;39023667]-10 respect for the defensive red card threat. Or maybe he's just joking. I can't tell.

edit: seems Andre is fine with it when he realized quarters and semis meant top 128.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it just means you make it out of pools and it's 3/5.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I would love to "REAL TOCK" with these idiots one day. Delusional and feeding off their lack of knowledge. NOT A GOOD LOOK EAST COAST! I love everyone out there, but making things worse is like a common trait over there. Geeze.

alstein

http://imgur.com/4HeVA
wow Andre and Mr. Wizard went at each other like that. I however agree with Andre though cause 3/5 Marvel is not gonna hold up any games but at least they're gonna make it 3/5 at quarter finals.

If that threat was serious that was really classless.

VF at MLG would force me into a big decision- I'm a fraud at VF, but do I hit the local MLG for VF, or do I hit the FGC event for the social (girl I want to meet up at a major that's being held that same weekend).

Chavelo

If by "stuck by their roots" you mean being stubborn and too proud of making any new progress, I agree.

It was a childish move. I'm all for community-run tournaments, but they had their chance at getting a foothold in the tournament scene and they were too butthurt to do anything about it.

I hope the VF5 runs with the opportunity to get that pot money.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Spooky totally wasn't kidding about that Chocoblanka observation.

...I had a pretty good view of that. Repeatedly. >_> #callkotaku

Warpticon

I would love to "REAL TOCK" with these idiots one day. Delusional and feeding off their lack of knowledge. NOT A GOOD LOOK EAST COAST! I love everyone out there, but making things worse is like a common trait over there. Geeze.

But it's a good look to project the words of, at most, 4 people, as "NOT A GOOD LOOK EAST COAST!"? Pots and kettles and all that.

Top Bottom