• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

BadWolf

SFV needs an evil Ken.

uJVrYWg.gif

Do it Ono.

I really hope we get more than one character reveal, it'd be a real flaccid showing if we only get one.

Hate Blanka even more than Fuerte. Send them both straight to Street Fighter hell

:( Everybody hates my boy... Guess I'm the only one excited at Blanka possibly making it in. I wonder how they will "reinvent" him like they did with Bison. If he's like his Omega version, that would be pretty rad, except don't give him the teleport, that shit's stupid.

Horseress

OH SHIT WE GOT SOME NEWS (you can find it on EventHubs)

Highlights

We learn that moves such as Nash's teleport and Chun-Li's double fireball can be used while V-Trigger is activated. In order to do so, players must fill up their V-Gauge by taking damage.

Additionally, we learn of a new mechanic called "V-Skill." This is a defensive mechanic that allows for characters like Ryu to parry and M. Bison to reflect fireballs. While information on V-Skill is scarce, we're guessing it also utilizes the V-Gauge.

We have also learned that the new "Ultras" of the game are actually called Critical Arts. These are flashy, cinematic attacks that can be activated by using your full EX meter.

Lastly, a new stage has been confirmed. The article notes that the China stage was shown along with a new stage: London. Specifically, the stage is called "King's Cross Station."

BadWolf

So parrying is possibly Ryu only?

It would be pretty damn interesting if each character received their own unique defensive tool.

Horseress

So, unlike SFIV, where your "damage" gauge gives you a super that does tons of damage, SFV gives you new specials, and the only super is through your normal gauge.

I'm ok with that

Dahbomb

So, unlike SFIV, where your "damage" gauge gives you a super that does tons of damage, SFV gives you new specials, and the only super is through your normal gauge.

I'm ok with that
I think Eventhubs has that reversed.

The "Ultra" move is done by the revenge bar at the top (the pink one) and the V-Trigger/V-Skill/EX moves are done by the super meter at the bottom.

Unless Capcom switched them up in the new build.. if true this would be really silly.

BadWolf

Ryu gets a parry...

Bison gets a projectile reflect.

Anyone else see the problem here?

That would depend on if reflecting projectiles is all it can do.

The move reminds me of Athena's reflector. Aside from reflecting projectiles she can also use her's for pressure, combos, anti-airs etc.

Why is everyone so anti-Blanka? He blows up players but even in SF4 he is really not that good.

I think its a combination of Blanka being the epitome of a scrub killer, having different timing on his jumps and wakeups vs. the rest of the cast throwing most setups off, his low crouching profile will making some attacks and combos just whiff, and being harder to deal with online.

As for that news, only more hyped for what else is to be shown, hopefully they don't get to carried with anti projectile stuff. Edit: somehow missed they are only situational/temporary, all right, could be interesting.

Shackzam

Giving a character a unique vskill initially might be interesting but not all vskills are created equal?

do I really care about a reflect if I can parry everything with another character?
From other times we've seen the game each character should have a different amount of meter so they may have changed it where it would take long for ryu to get this or even they might have actually balanced it to not be third strike good

Horseress

I think Eventhubs has that reversed.

The "Ultra" move is done by the revenge bar at the top (the pink one) and the V-Trigger/V-Skill/EX moves are done by the super meter at the bottom.

Unless Capcom switched them up in the new build.. if true this would be really silly.

If it really is like EH says, then it reminds me of Injustice's traits, where you had a cool down for a special power, only this time you gotta fill a bar to do it.

Critical Arts is a much better name for them, at any rate.

And it's pretty clear the slapstick is here to stay, based on noodle hat Chun-Li back at Capcom Cup.

Skab

Wait.

Wait a second.

Ono said one of the next reveals was someone we haven't seen in a while.

New stage is London, and the one picture of the stage we have shows punks hanging out in the background.

Sf-birdie.gif

jerry1594

Noodle hat isn't as over the top as say, seth ultra 1. Reminds me more of character specific easter eggs in 3, like oro's turtle walking in at the end.

Top Bottom