• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Marz

latest

The only anime I've ever watched.

Onemic

Champloo has no real overarching story and chars a little bland. Stand-out episodes occasionally, but nothing to really pull you in.

Champloo has much closer to an overarching story than bebop. Bebop starts out well then goes into rather bland territory after the first half of the season.(It picks back up for the last 6 or so episodes) In Champloo there's always a goal, whereas in Bebop the characters are just sorta doing things for 85% of the show. It's really only the mid season finale and last 4 or so episodes that even have an overarching story. The rest are standalone episodes for the most part.

mbpm1

It has less fight scenes and they're good. Champloo doesn't have dogfights and gunplay either,

Yes, and they're less good imo, Pierrot scenes aside.

Dogfights and gunplay are hard to make as interesting as melee for me.

Bebop still has good fight scenes though, don't get me wrong.

zlatko

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;167151444 said:

If Blanka makes it into the original cast of this game I will be pissed. If he makes it in the first set of DLC characters I will be pissed. If he comes out at any point during SF5's life line I will probably be pissed.

Fuck that character. If he IS added I want him to be the shittiest character in the game. Make his balls have 209348092 frames of start up and 209348029349 of recovery. Get rid of his hop move. Make it so he can't throw. Make his electricity need 029349032 button inputs to come out and only do 10 damage at best. Basically turn him into a god damn punching bag and that's that.

Anime was a mistake? No...Blanka was a mistake.

Maybe Blanka is the one with the banana peel, but Urien comes out of nowhere only to evaporate him by the energy that comes from hitting the ground.

l1x61OA.png

zlatko

Banned
Maybe Blanka is the one with the banana peel, but Urien comes out of nowhere only to evaporate him by the energy that comes from hitting the ground.

l1x61OA.png

More like Blanka Shows up, and Alex Hypa Bombs him to ground bounce so that Urien can come in and shoulder tackle his ass into an Aegis and proceeds to beat his ass senseless for 20 minutes on loop.

zlatko

Banned
Seems like a fair bet that the character Ono carries with him everywhere he goes will show up in the game.

The guy wanted to make Darkstalkers...Blanka is as Darkstalkers as the SF characters get so I'd be more surprised if he didn't show up then did.

I just hate him to death. Shitty blanka player vs amazing blanka player is the same match up. Annoying as hell.

mbpm1

l1x61OA.png

I can see the trailer now

Blanka appears

His character name flashes up like it's Borderlands

Alex suddenly jumps on top of him, smashing his down

Alex's name appears above him like its Borderlands

Coda

I'm bummed. I almost won a pass to E3 to play SF V on eventhubs but I don't really post there often so I had my email notifications off so two days passed before I realized I had got a message back from Catalyst. Looks like I missed my chance. :(

I guess on the upside I don't have to pay almost $800 dollars for a round trip flight there.

BadWolf

I'm bummed. I almost won a pass to E3 to play SF V on eventhubs but I don't really post there often so I had my email notifications off so two days passed before I realized I had got a message back from Catalyst. Looks like I missed my chance. :(

I guess on the upside I don't have to pay almost $800 dollars for a round trip flight there.

Sounds like you lucked out.

8k to wait in line for hours and see shit you saw last week.... yeah you lucked out man.

Coda

I guess so, I mean my sister lives out there now and I've never been to California so I was going to make it into a trip of sorts but yeah. Overall it probably wouldn't be worth it. Just would have been cool to go to E3 one year and experience it.

SaberVulcan

If Blanka makes it into the original cast of this game I will be pissed. If he makes it in the first set of DLC characters I will be pissed. If he comes out at any point during SF5's life line I will probably be pissed.

Fuck that character. If he IS added I want him to be the shittiest character in the game. Make his balls have 209348092 frames of start up and 209348029349 of recovery. Get rid of his hop move. Make it so he can't throw. Make his electricity need 029349032 button inputs to come out and only do 10 damage at best. Basically turn him into a god damn punching bag and that's that.

Anime was a mistake? No...Blanka was a mistake.

You seem like the kind of person who messages me after I play them. All it does it make me even more hopeful this is a Blanka confirm.

Negaduck

Let's just not have his blanks ball punishable on hit (vanilla rog vs blanka match up still haunts me)

I'll take necro over Sim this game.

El Sloth

Banned
As much as I hate playing against Blanka, I feel like he is Street Fighter....

Just like Dhalsim. YOU HEAR ME CAPCOM?!!!
Street Fighter to me is new racial stereotypes cool looking characters doing crazy martial arts and shooting fireballs. With that one weird character that's colored strangely and doing out of place things like shocking people with electricity produced from their body. Since that's what SF2 was to me when I first saw it.

Marvel vs Capcom was look at this crazy shit happening everywhere all the time wooo. And mother fuckin' Mega Man turning into a gundam shooting giant lasers and shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SFV is at the PS booth at E3 as well. Not big news but that probably means more access for attendees and hopefully more footage.

Negaduck

Why would you say that? :(

Saty save us.

Necro sucks. His VO is annoying and his movesets mixes Blanka and Sim together. You guys want that?

Urien on the other hand would be awesome.

U sux.

Jkjk I love necro but I'm also interested in capcoms SF5 interpretations of characters that have been absent for while. Don't get me wrong Sim is my favorite sf character but I would love to see them shake things up a bit.

NEO0MJ

You know, what if Diddy is a guest on SF V? We already know Retro is making a new Diddy and that Ryu will be DLC for Smash game, so it makes complete sense for him to show up as a guest in SF V, being the most popular Smash character.

jerry1594

His stretchy limbs barely figure into his play. Electricity is used as an aa or to juggle. He has their moves but they don't function at all like their respective characters'.

Top Bottom