• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 9-15 | Sponsored by Popeyes

Not no more emoji, just less emoji.

Glad we could find a middle ground
ridk8LV.png

CPS2

Soooo its time for another one of Shaowebb's

Ambiguous Questions about Fighting Games
Today's question is a simple one.

What sort of visual themes do you hope to see used for a character in a fighting game someday?

Cowboys, slime girls, Gundam looking armor...whatever. Just gimmie a description of something you've been hoping to see done as a full on character theme for awhile. Feel free to elaborate if there is an animation or super or some shit that is involved in this design.

Just trying to peg the interests of the community as always.

I think artists haven't really gone far enough to explore ideas of perversion. I would like to see more characters that appeal to perverted people. But across all sub-genres of fighting games. Maybe ASW could license some DOA characters for a 2.5D airdasher game.

Now either Huw_Dawson choose or we can throw the vote to The People™.

Can I pick Shouta? He's best mod.

BTW I just want to apologize again for being a bit late with getting this FGW interview in. I wasn't sure I was actually doing it, but in any case I was going to do it on Sunday evening but I got back from SFO and was so tired I just went to bed. Got up at 6am this morning to get ready for my new job (woooo), saw Enzo's PM and got it written ASAP. Missed my train because of it but it was all good in the end.

shaowebb

enzo gt said:
Now either Huw_Dawson choose or we can throw the vote to The People™.

Well I guess I haven't done one yet, but I spend more time on my own than other fighters these days.

hitsugi

WTH is an emoji? Is that some Japanese weapon? I thought Jamaicans in Canada don't use weapons?

I've read that the Mcrib is year round in some places. Like California.

Germany, not here in CA.

Also, mind blown that Guile does not have eyebrows...... I guess I never really cared. I mean, it's pretty damn obvious:

hqdefault.jpg

JDdelphin

Guile has Stone Cold Steve Austin eyebrows.

They exist but they do not.

#pronouncedorbitalbonesdawg
#blondepeopleproblems
#itslikethehaironwhales

I'm fucking pissed. Neither Smashboards or SRK have an NCR thread, so I have next to no way of actually finding somewhere to stay over the weekend. I'd be more pissed if I had registered already.

WarRock

Soooo its time for another one of Shaowebb's

Ambiguous Questions about Fighting Games
Today's question is a simple one.

What sort of visual themes do you hope to see used for a character in a fighting game someday?

Cowboys, slime girls, Gundam looking armor...whatever. Just gimmie a description of something you've been hoping to see done as a full on character theme for awhile. Feel free to elaborate if there is an animation or super or some shit that is involved in this design.

Just trying to peg the interests of the community as always.
Ugh, so many answers I could give you. One is simply more characters with unusual elements, like Nu-13's gravity wells and Rachel's wind. Another is characters with multiple forms/stances that actually flow into each other and have some utility (think OOO or Decade in Climax Heroes, but... better).

But what I really think I'm never going to see is some character going full UBW mode Archer (Fate/Stay) or Mifune (Soul Eater). A fuckton of weapons/objects around the arena and the guy seamlessly picking and dropping them for each swing, using it as jumping platforms... shit would be fucking awesome.

I wanna see a fighting game based around spellcasting

I know there's fighting games with people doing magic-y shit but I don't think there's been one where the default style is characters going around all Harry Potter shouting I'M A FUCKING WIZARD at each other

I know there's fighting games with people doing magic-y shit but I don't think there's been one where the default style is characters going around all Harry Potter shouting I'M A FUCKING WIZARD at each other

vvvv

Already (kinda) happened:

p0dSawb.jpg

It was really fun too, despite the jankiness.

It already has https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmygkglq8M

This would be excellent for Mystery Game.

Kumubou

Need more anime emoji tbh
6S4aRWk.gif

The closest thing I can think of with regards to do this this are the Touhou fighters, which are all about little girls flying around shooting stuff at each other. There are three games in the series, and the game plays less like a traditional fighting game as it progresses... it also manages to get worse. :\ (The first game, Immaterial and Missing Power is very legit and quite interesting, given some of the conventions that the game breaks.)

6S4aRWk.gif

The closest thing I can think of with regards to do this this are the Touhou fighters, which are all about little girls flying around shooting stuff at each other. There are three games in the series, and the game plays less like a traditional fighting game as it progresses... it also manages to get worse. : (The first game, Immaterial and Missing Power is very legit and quite interesting, given some of the conventions that the game breaks.)
IaMP looks interesting but I can't get over the poverty

Top Bottom