• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: SoCal Regionals, Brazil Game Show, & Beasts of Madden!

El Sloth

Banned
I don't understand why he didn't go to Rufus. Is that a bad matchup for Rufus? His Makoto at least was not looking very crispy in those games.

Gbraga

I don't understand why he didn't go to Rufus. Is that a bad matchup for Rufus? His Makoto at least was not looking very crispy in those games.

I don't know either. I understand starting with Makoto after Keoma beat his Rufus, but he was doing a lot better with Rufus than he did with Makoto.

ldcommando

Banned
I don't know either. I understand starting with Makoto after Keoma beat his Rufus, but he was doing a lot better with Rufus than he did with Makoto.

Yep. I assumed he would go straight to rufus the moment the makoto play went south but he kept trying with makoto for some reason. Really weird

vulva

Haitani's matches with Makoto usually look one sided for the most part. I've noticed he either looks like he has no idea what he's doing or makes the other guy look that way. Occasionally he'll get a crazy comeback but it's usually never a back n forth. I think his Makoto was doing fine but some of his drops just killed his momentum.

He lost 3-2 in Winner Finals and I guess he felt that Keoma had a good read on his Rufus. Or maybe he just didn't give a fukiage.

And with that finish, I think Ricki and PR Rog are knocked out of the top 32 for now. Haitani is technically in, but I wouldn't feel so comfortable about his current placing if I were him. If he can get to Costa Rica or New York then he should do it to try and make his spot more secure.

Gbraga

Haitani's matches with Makoto usually look one sided for the most part. I've noticed he either looks like he has no idea what he's doing or makes the other guy look that way. Occasionally he'll get a crazy comeback but it's usually never a back n forth. I think his Makoto was doing fine but some of his drops just killed his momentum.

That does make sense, the fight being closer with Rufus means nothing if he loses in the end anyway. I can see why he would choose to go for all or nothing.

Paltheos

So hype. Keoma was playing very safe - except for when he got in and made lots of bad command throw reads - but he was landing most of his stuff when he got a confirm. Damn, I only caught the top 4 after Winners Finals. Gotta watch WF later. The hype must have been unreal.

That wake up Ultra though.

Gbraga

So hype. Keoma was playing very safe - except for when he got in and made lots of bad command throw reads - but he was landing most of his stuff when he got a confirm. Damn, I only caught the top 4 after Winners Finals. Gotta watch WF later. The hype must have been unreal.

That wake up Ultra though.

The hit confirm he got off of that counter hit in Winners Finals was out of this world.

Keoma is ridiculous.

Just noticed this now(yeah it was R/Kappa, sue me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUtQwYCnTs&feature=youtu.be

Winning this tournament probably meant a great deal to him so he was overcome with emotion following the decision. And he may have also felt ashamed about how he reacted as well. Maybe this was his one and only shot at getting in. The schedule is getting awfully thin now so we may not see him again at another CPT event.

Shouta

Pepeday still has another chance this weekend at Ultra Hyakkishu in Tokyo if he's in that. I don't know if he is though.

Gbraga

Just noticed this now(yeah it was R/Kappa, sue me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUtQwYCnTs&feature=youtu.be

Winning this tournament probably meant a great deal to him so he was overcome with emotion following the decision. And he may have also felt ashamed about how he reacted as well. Maybe this was his one and only shot at getting in. The schedule is getting awfully thin now so we may not see him again at another CPT event.

He's over it now, Pepeday found something else to fight for.

CRJ4B_tVAAARbWl.jpg

Seriously though, that video plus his tweets were really cool:

https://twitter.com/pepeday00/status/652980734123098112

https://twitter.com/pepeday00/status/652982898954387460

Nothing to be ashamed of, Pepeday, we love you :')

Top Bottom