• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
http://partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/fake/en/4133-1/ Well shit, looking through this mine is definitely a bootleg.

My snowflake is not colored and the neck piece of the snow rabbit is white and not transparent. Looking at other pieces now.

Please do. Thank you for you help.

Yes thats exactly what I was saying about the neck part.
Its so obvious.

Don't just go to GSC. Put this shitty company on blast. Reddit, Facebook, etc. I think someone said this earlier as well. Fuck these bootlegging assholes.

Gets me so mad. You're paying for a quality product not some fucking Chinese scam artist's shitty product. It's one thing if they got scammed. Now they're lying.

MAD.

Im spreading it via twitter, MFC, Ill post it where I have to. This is bullshit.

kewlmyc

Well, time to try goodsmile.

Wow, fuck these assholes. Take timestamped pictures of the figure and the receipt and send it to N-Y along with the comparison website on GSC's site. That's some scummy shit, and I'm kinda pissed that I already have 3 already paid for pre orders with them. Never again. I'm getting my exclusives from Big in Japan from now on.

Even if they claim it's not a bootleg, shouldn't they exchange it anyway for admitting the figure had poor QC?

N-Y is pretending it's legit. Sure, there are sometimes variations in paint here and there, but GSC has way better QC than this. They would never let that thing out of the factory.

Einbroch

Banned
Even if they claim it's not a bootleg, shouldn't they exchange it anyway for admitting the figure had poor QC?

This is my biggest issue. We don't know the circumstances. Maybe they really didn't know it was bootleg. Maybe they trusted their supplier and they got swindled. It is possible.

But then they lied.

And offered to do nothing about it.

Fuck them. This is customer service 101. Look at this thread. They potentially just lost like 10-20 people's business over sending out another figure that costs them maybe $50.

kewlmyc

This is my biggest issue. We don't know the circumstances. Maybe they really didn't know it was bootleg. Maybe they trusted their supplier and they got swindled. It is possible.

But then they lied.

And offered to do nothing about it.

Fuck them. This is customer service 101. Look at this thread. They potentially just like 10-20 people's business over sending out another figure that costs them maybe $50.

It's the main thing I'm upset about. They were shown proof and yet still won't do anything to help. Never shopping there again, even for exclusives. Rather pay upfront with Big In Japan that give money to these fuckheads.

It's the main thing I'm upset about. They were shown proof and yet still won't do anything to help. Never shopping there again, even for exclusives. Rather pay upfront with Big In Japan that give money to these fuckheads.

And these things aren't cheap. We pay a lot of money with the assumption that we're getting a legit product.

02.jpg

72QRBAV.jpg

Pretty much confirms mine is a bootleg. I'm going to contact goodsmile now. They're quite clever at doing these little tricks to catch bootleggers.

EDIT: Thank you so much for your help PewPewK. I really mean it.

chrono01

this isn't the first time NY has sold bootleg tbh (reportedly). Its the reason why I don't shop anything outside exclusives.

I mean they really can't sell bootleg exclusives preorders...since well its a 1) preorder so none exist before then and 2) exclusive

maybe if BiJ or something opened a way to pay later for exclusives
True.

I'm still planning on switching to BIJ for exclusives, though, even if I need to pay right away. I can't support N-Y if they're willingly selling bootlegs.

We'll just try to blow this up as much as possible. Only thing you can hope for is that they realize what they are doing.

I'd get my exclusives and just stop doing business with them afterwards.
*nods*

That's what I'm planning on doing.

Shit Nippon-Yasan is inadvertently selling bootlegs now? Suddenly I'm a little nervous about my Mammon preorder.
Mammon should be fine, as Ragingknight said. I wouldn't trust them with exclusives that aren't a pre-order, though.

Pretty much confirms mine is a bootleg. I'm going to contact goodsmile now. They're quite clever at doing these little tricks to catch bootleggers.
Yeah, definitely a bootleg. Sorry man. :/

N-Y, you've seen the last of my business [after my current exclusive pre-orders run out].

PewPewK

I have made my post over at reddit! I tried to write it in such a way that as to not completely condemn Nippon-Yasan as selling bootlegs, but to ask for other redditor's opinions on what they believe and to warn prospective buyers that they may want to hold off until this situation is resolved... if it ever is.

Just saw the news. This is INNACEPTABLE.

I had nothing bought from them (yet) but i could have. The fact that they don't acknowledge that something is wrong is ridiculous. We care about details on our figs. That's why we buy them at those price.

INNACEPTABLE.

Einbroch

Banned
LOL.

Not laughing at you, laughing at how anyone can deny.

That's 100% proof.

If I were you, I would contact N-Y one more time with proof. Show them the proof. Make them fix their mistake before "bothering" GSC with something that isn't their fault. Or you can just say fuck N-Y and go to GSC. Neither option is bad, but I'd rather see N-Y lose money sending you a legit one than GSC.

kewlmyc

this isn't the first time NY has sold bootleg tbh (reportedly). Its the reason why I don't shop anything outside exclusives.

I mean they really can't sell bootleg exclusives preorders...since well its a 1) preorder so none exist before then and 2) exclusive

maybe if BiJ or something opened a way to pay later for exclusives

But Snow Miku IS an exclusive, isn't she?

cajunator

Banned
And these things aren't cheap. We pay a lot of money with the assumption that we're getting a legit product.

Yeah. If you buy it cheaper on ebay thats one thing. assuming all risk. but if you preorder on an official site you have a right to expect and demand officially licensed product!

JoeFu

Banned
I have made my post over at reddit! I tried to write it in such a way that as to not completely condemn Nippon-Yasan as selling bootlegs, but to ask for other redditor's opinions on what they believe and to warn prospective buyers that they may want to hold off until this situation is resolved... if it ever is.

you should update with phoenix's newest pics as they confirm 100% this is a bootleg and they indeed sold it, so its not "May be selling" it's "THEY ARE SELLING"

such bs

:( Phoenix :( :(

PewPewK

But Snow Miku IS an exclusive, isn't she?

She is, but Miku is probably one of the most bootlegged products out there. Not to mention she's been out for months (since Winter WonFes people got her) which gave bootleggers ample time to create their works of shit.

you should update with phoenix's newest pics as they confirm 100% this is a bootleg and they indeed sold it, so its not "May be selling" it's "THEY ARE SELLING"

such bs

:( Phoenix :( :(

Did that as soon as I noticed he posted it.

cajunator

Banned
She's an exclusive, be she was made available earlier in the year from WonFes. That would give bootleggers more than enough time to create bootlegs of her and supply N-Y with them.

correct. Had this been just released NY would have a point but this figure has been out plenty long enough for several iterations of bootlegs to be created. Each one gets more and more convincing.

PewPewK

Oh, should I basically crosspost my reddit post to MFC as a blog article, too? We should get this as much exposure as possible.

She is, but Miku is probably one of the most bootlegged products out there. Not to mention she's been out for months (since Winter WonFes people got her) which gave bootleggers ample time to create their works of shit.

XD

Maybe you should have used the "N-Y is selling works of shit" line in the reddit post.

kewlmyc

She's an exclusive, be she was made available earlier in the year from WonFes. That would give bootleggers more than enough time to create bootlegs of her and supply N-Y with them.

She is, but she initially hit shelves as a WonFest exclusive back in February. Plenty of time for bootleggers to counterfeit it in time for the wide release.

exclusive preorders. Its been awhile since shes been out

Understood. Thanks for the info.

Between hearing this bullshit and one of my favorite childhood actors passing away under ugly circumstances, today has been a super shitty day. Think I'll go to bed early. Hope things work out for you, Phoenix.

omlet

Wow. I don't want to jump the gun and blist them for good since they may change their mind with more proof, but that's not looking good for prospective business. It's one thing to sell a bootleg on accident, but not doing anything about it is unacceptable for a retailer like that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow. I don't want to jump the gun and blist them for good since they may change their mind with more proof, but that's not looking good for prospective business. It's one thing to sell a bootleg on accident, but not doing anything about it is unacceptable for a retailer like that.

How does it happen by accident? Like, I don't even know how that'd be possible unless it's second hand, which these aren't, right?

If they don't acknowledge that something is wrong , i guess it's fine to go all out ! and get this as much exposure as possible.

I have no pity for people that don't acknowledge their mistake or people that are doing this on purpose since it's not the first time N-Y seems to be guilty of this.

Einbroch

Banned
How does it happen by accident? Like, I don't even know how that'd be possible unless it's second hand, which these aren't, right?

They likely get their figures from suppliers and not GSC since they're not a partner shop. These suppliers could sell them bootlegs and N-Y would not know. But you don't just deny your customer's complaints and do nothing about it.

Even a simple "We do not try to sell bootlegs, let me investigate and I'll get back to you" is immediately more satisfying than "we dont sell bootlegz kthx bye".

well

1) they shouldn't be selling bootlegs. Amiami sells thousands of preowned figures and almost never a single case of a bootleg report

2) you tried to contact them and they blew you off

sounds like they blew it already. Even if they give you a genuine replacement. Think about others who could be in the same boat

cajunator

Banned
If they don't acknowledge that something is wrong , i guess it's fine to go all out ! and get this as much exposure as possible.

I have no pity for people that don't acknowledge their mistake or people that are doing this on purpose since it's not the first time N-Y seems to be guilty of this.

This is exactly why Im holding them to the fire.
If it was a first time offense in an otherwise good company ok but this isnt even the first!

well the message is pinned already on MFC. Just gotta do the same with the blog and that should be maximum exposure on MFC side

edit
Also post some pictures of a receipt with blackened info to prove you bought it so people don't go "XYZ YOU COULD OF CHEATED THEM ABC"

well first of all

1) they shouldn't be selling bootlegs. Amiami sells thousands of preowned figures and almost never a single case of a bootleg report

If a supplier tried to give AmiAmi bootlegs, I have no doubt that AmiAmi would hire a hit squad. At this point, even if Nippon-Yasan takes steps to correct the problem, it won't matter because they lied about it and didn't do anything until they were caught.

JoeFu

Banned
Why put potentially selling bootlegs when they are 100% in fact selling bootlegs. Don't give them any benefit of doubt.

chrono01

This is exactly why Im holding them to the fire.
If it was a first time offense in an otherwise good company ok but this isnt even the first!
Precisely so.

It's not that they, by "mistake", sold a bootleg figure that's causing the problem, but refusing to do anything about it [or even research the issue] that's upsetting. All they had to do was contact their supplies, find out where their Snow Miku Nendoroid came from, and confirm the legitimacy of them. The fact that they simply stated "Nope, it's legit. We ordered from GSC", when clearly, the figure received was a bootleg [and not a case of quality-control issues], that's just...well, I have no words.

When you already have a history of selling bootlegs, and with the promise that you'll do better and then afterwards sell another bootleg [either by their knowledge or not] and then neglect to work with the customer to fix the issue? Yeah, I'm done with N-Y.

omlet

I mean they could really think it was a legit product. I'm sure they get their stuff from a supplier and somewhere in that chain of purchases, someone could have accidentally bought from a bootleg supplier or could have done it on purpose and not said anything about it so the rep may not be 'lying' as much as just not been told the truth. Is it possible they scooped some bootlegs on purpose because of demand? Maybe. Or they could know it's a bootleg and just not care and lie about it and lose a bunch of business.

well

sounds like they blew it already. Even if they give you a genuine replacement. Think about others who could be in the same boat

It wasn't me, but that's my point. N-Y shouldn't just blow him off even if the rep is telling what he really thinks is the truth about them not selling bootlegs.

Einbroch

Banned
The guy on Reddit does make a good point:

Not to be a dick, but some proof your friend actually bought this from Nippon-Yasan would be greatly appreciated since, quite frankly, that's what matters most. Also, keep in mind, Nippon-Yasan usually sells second hand items that people sell to them.

Pheonix, do you have the order confirmation/shipping/etc pages? Obviously editing out your personal information.

PewPewK

Here's Mami-tan's response...

Have your friend contact their credit card company. It's fraud at this point, contact NP again with the photos that you have that show proof, if they still try to deny it contact your credit card company/bank and have them issue a fraudulent charge. If you need official word from GSC let me know.

chrono01

The guy on Reddit does make a good point:

Pheonix, do you have the order confirmation/shipping/etc pages? Obviously editing out your personal information.
I was actually going to ask the same thing.

While I believe that phoenix296 purchased his Snow Miku from N-Y, having an official documentation proving it would greatly help his case [both with N-Y as well as GSC].

Here's Mami-tan's response...
That was a quick response from GSC!

It sounds like they're on your side, phoenix296, and will help in any way they can [I expected this since, as I said earlier, their customer service is amazing]. That's what I like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom