• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Heh. I shouldd triple-check that expensive Native figure I got from N-Y.
And ponder that Nico nendo preorder.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sorry about the bootleg phoenix :<

So, I got a new job recently

Bu0YNC5CIAAw6by.jpg:orig

>_>

Yooooo.

Suddenly my 24k month isn't looking so bad.

would you be scared if I told you I beat that last year
twice
...my highest is 60k~ w/ shipping

Sept is looking kinda bad

[FIGURE-005327] The Seven Deadly Sins - Asmodeus -Shikiyoku no Zou Hakugin no Koromo Edition- 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
late Sep-2014 10,870 JPY 1 10,870 JPY 109 Not in-stock
[FIGURE-004938] Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Shimakaze 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
late Sep-2014 12,070 JPY 1 12,070 JPY 121 Not in-stock
[FIGURE-005506] [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus][Bonus] X-EROS COVER GIRL illustrated by Aruchu Kizuki 1/7 Figure(Preorder)
late Sep-2014 11,750 JPY 1 11,750 JPY 118 Not in-stock
[FIGURE-005547] [MAX Factory] Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Kongo Half-damage ver. 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
late Sep-2014 11,970 JPY 1 11,970 JPY 120 Not in-stock

but we all know shimakaze and kongo will be delayed

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Holy Moe Jesus. Wish I had more expendable income to buy that amount of figures D:

Didn't win the lottery this month :(

Latest from Nippon-Yasan:

Name: Yoann

Thank you for your message

I gave the information to my superiors

They decided to leave you the choice

Either we refund you your money and in this case you have to send the figure back

Or we sending you another snow Miku

Yes i do know the question that going to come straight away which is going to be what insure you that you will receive the real one

My answer would be Do you really think we would send a bootleg knowinly and twice in row ?

Or we can open the product take picture and send it out to you so you can confirm what is inside.

We apologize for the trouble but we expect that you believe us when we telling you it is not something that we do "selling bootleg" is not our business

Also as compensation we will join another figure to your order if you decide to take a new Snow miku.

Please accept our deepest apology and i'm waiting to know what you want to do.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Maybe I'm reading the tone wrong but I think I pissed them off lol

Femto.

At some point I read it in a negative tone too lol

Honestly, if I were you I'd just take the refund and never shop with them again. As that would avoid any further complications.

Sorry that it had to happen to you though :(

Ban Puncher

I'd dispute the transaction with my bank to get an instant refund and never buy from N-Y again. Fuck their attitude.

Why should you have to waste your time and money returning their fake shit just so they could possibly push it onto a less discerning or assertive customer?

I'd dispute the transaction with my bank to get an instant refund and never buy from N-Y again. Fuck their attitude.

Why should you have to waste your time and money returning their fake shit just so they could possibly push it onto a less discerning or assertive customer?

I don't think they intend to resell it. They just want it as proof that it is a counterfeit. I don't really want to do that to them because I also ordered a 64GB vita card with the figure and the dispute would refund both items. I don't want to do that to them.

Another update

First my questions:
phoenix296 said:
A few questions before I make a decision.

1. Will I need to send my bootleg to you if I decide to get another Snow Miku?
2. What is meant by "join another figure"? Are you offering a free figure in addition to Snow Miku?
3. If I decide to get a refund will you pay for the shipping to return it to you?
Their response:
nippon-yasan said:
Hello

Thank you message

1) Yes please send it back as we need proof

2) Yes you will have a Free figure since it is our mistake

3) Yes we will cover the extra shipping well to be more accurate you will have to send it back first and as soon as we receive it we will refund you the money for the shipping back to us

Are you OK with us opening the product and sending picture to you ? Obviously only the brown box and we won't disturb anything inside.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

EDIT: More

phoenix296 said:
One last question before I make my final decision.

Is there a price limit on the free figure?

nippon-yasan said:
Hello

It needs to be a nendoroid product and for the same price has the Snow miku you paid for

Please let me know so i can return to my superior before the end of the day

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

I think I'll go with the free nendo + miku. I'll get them to send pictures to ensure that what they send me is legit this time.

PInk Tape

Banned

They should be nicer to you since you decided to buy the Snow Miku from their site and have had problems with their service team in solving the issue.

It isn't your fault that they sent you a bootleg; it's all on them. Them denying and still denying the fact they sent you one is laughable and really shows how bad they can treat their paying customers.

Sorry this happened to you :(

Shaking my head at this whole N-Y situation. My heart goes out for Phoenix, nobody should be treated in this way when there is clearly a legitimate problem with a purchase that is bought in good faith which turns out bad.

I've had a run-in with Nippon Yasan in recent times - I requested cancellation of several preorders (about 6) for items that would not be sold for months. They had cancelled orders without issue in the past, and there was nothing in their terms stating that cancellations are not permitted (like in the case of AmiAmi). After a slight delay to the usual response time, they finally came back on the service ticket stating that cancellations are not possible. No exceptions.

Now bear this in mind: I have put a lot of business their way over the past 12 months. I'm not a new customer who got trigger happy on preordering. This counted for nothing, certainly if the attitude of the live support was anything to go by. Reading Phoenix's round the houses chat log brought back some unpleasant memories, as that is exactly what I went through with them, several times in fact. Broken English, brick wall responses, a general attitude of 'it's your problem, not ours'. They threatened me with account termination over and over. Yep, that's how you maintain good customer relations according to Nippon Yasan.

The strange thing is, as every preorder has come up for payment and gone unpaid, my account still stands... even after I had repeatedly called their bluff, telling them to kill the account as I wouldn't be using them in future. This happened for 4 orders, and yet I'm still not locked out. Not that I would order anything from them again anyway, and that was before this bootleg drama started unfolding. Now I'll go out of my way to discourage anyone to order from them.

In conclusion: order from Nippon Yasan and you are gambling with your money. Chances are, you'll lose.

PInk Tape

Banned
Shaking my head at this whole N-Y situation. My heart goes out for Phoenix, nobody should be treated in this way when there is clearly a legitimate problem with a purchase that is bought in good faith which turns out bad.

I've had a run-in with Nippon Yasan in recent times - I requested cancellation of several preorders (about 6) for items that would not be sold for months. They had cancelled orders without issue in the past, and tbhere was nothing in their terms stating that cancellations are not permitted (like in the case of AmiAmi). After a slight delay to the usual response time, they finally came back on the service ticket stating that cancellations are not possible. No exceptions.

Now bear this in mind: I have put a lot of business their way over the past 12 months. I'm not a new customer who got trigger happy on preordering. This counted for nothing, certainly if the attitude of the live support was anything to go by. Reading Phoenix's round the houses chat log brought back some unpleasant memories, as that is exactly what I went through with them, several times in fact. Broken English, brick wall responses, a general attitude of 'it's your problem, not ours'. They threatened me with account termination over and over. Yep, that's how you maintain good customer relations according to Nippon Yasan.

The strange thing is, as every preorder has come up for payment and gone unpaid, my account still stands... even after I had repeatedly called their bluff, telling them to kill the account as I wouldn't be using them in future. This happened for 4 orders, and yet I'm still not locked out. Not that I would order anything from them again anyway, and that was before this bootleg drama started unfolding. Now I'll go out of my way to discourage anyone to order from them.

In conclusion: order from Nippon Yasan and you are gambling with your money. Chances are, you'll lose.

They wouldn't let you cancel orders even though you've ordered from them before and they threatened to delete your account over it? They turned something that shouldn't have been an issue into a huge one. What shitty service.

Sorry you had to go through awful customer service :(

In light of this, I'm definitely warning anyone that may order figures in the future about N-Y as well.

After reading what others are saying about N-Y on MFC I thought better of sending my bootleg back to them. This is my response to their last message. Waiting now to see how they reply.

phoenix296 said:
There is a concern from many people on myfigurecollection.net that you will resell the figure if I send it back.

Therefore I ask that you send me a new Snow Miku 2014 and a Hakase #270 https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figure-nichijou/3588-no270-nichijou-nendoroid-hakase.html as compensation for this problem and I will not be sending back my bootlegged Miku. I also ask that you send pictures of both figures to ensure their legitimacy. You can open the brown box of Snow Miku and open the panel to show that the figure is in fact legitimate.

javac

Sorry to hear about your issues. NY are my go to place for figures and whatnot and are usually really good. I'll continue to use them but I'll do so at my own detriment and will only have myself to blame if shit hits the fan, I should be okay tho fingers crossed. That Snow Miku was exclusive was it not? I guess NY got bamboozled themselves with bad stock. Can't see then selling knockoffs knowingly but who knows!

PewPewK

Haha, good to see reddit, MyFigureCollection, and GAF have managed to force their hand. I knew going thermonuclear war on them via public channels would be the best way to get a response. I'm glad it looks like their resolving your issue now Phoenix, though that lippy attitude from the CS rep is uncalled for. I certainly will not use N-Y ever again after this is all said and done. Once my current pre-orders are all out and paid for (and hopefully I don't have to do this again for one of my orders...) I will never use their distrustful service again.

Well I thought their customer service closed but they still responded to me just now.

nippon-yasan said:
Hello

In Any case you will need to send this figure back

We won't provide any other product unless the wrong product is return
Our point of view is if it is a bootleg and you don't want it we do not see your concern of sending it back If you keep this product it means that you are satisfied with it and in no case we will be able to provide a new product or a refund.

Again as said the shipping fee will be fully refund to you as soon as we get this product.

I'm reallly sorry but if you don't want to send that figure back there is nothing i can do.

I
Please let me knkow what you decide.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

My response back

phoenix296 said:
That sound reasonable. Please do not resell the bootleg figure.

Is it possible that you can give me a prepaid shipping label so I do not have to pay for it myself and wait for a refund?

I hope I was clear enough for them. It's 3:30 am here and I'm really tired of this and want it to be over. >_<

EDIT: Final transcript with them before bed. Looks like we got through to them. Thank you everyone so much for all of your support!

nippon-yasan said:

I'm not sure about the return label as i don't think it is possible

We won't resell that figure we have no use for it
Again we might have lost your trust but we are not a bootleg selling shop that is all i can assure you

My superior is not here at the moment

I will ask for all this and give you an answer tomorow if it is ok with you ?

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

phoenix296 said:
This is fine. I will wait for your response tomorrow.

To reiterate:
I would like a prepaid shipping label to you if possible.

I would like a new Snow Miku 2014 and a Hakase #270 nendo with picture evidence of both as proof of their legitimacy for compensation of this problem.

Please let me know what your superior says tomorrow.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Gyrian

Extremely disappointed with NY, I am done with them too.
I'll never understand how carrying things this way is any easier than doing right by your customer. I hope they realize the damage they've done to themselves.

omlet

Glad to wake up to good news regarding your Snow Miku.

I also woke up to a figinstock notification about A/B Alter 1/7 Subaru Nakajima on amiami for 3.5k so I pounced on that! Been waiting a few months for one to show up. Teana won't be alone any longer now.

Now to just see if there's anything else I want to add to monthly order. I'm not looking for a 49k order but I did get a raise this month so might snag something extra while I have an order open...

JoeFu

Banned
lol I had fun following this thing. Just read the MFC page and some people are trying to say phoenix got a real one and is showing off a fake one and trying to get the nendo for free... seriously? They seriously have guys calling phoenix a scammer now.

kewlmyc

I'm happy you got a nice resolution, despite their crappy attitude. They still lost a bunch of customers and I wish I didn't already prepay all the figures I have there.

omlet

I just went through all 20-odd pages of amiami's preowned stuff. A few nice things in there...for too much money. Nothing that jumped out at me as must-buy to go with Subaru.

Kinda tempted to get the other 3 GSC Madoka girls but that's an expensive impulse buy and I'm not even that fond of Sayaka or Mami (as designs/figures) but part of me wants to have one of each for set's sake. They're just all so plain compared to Madokami and Akuma Homura, heh. I wish we had more Kyoko options.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think the engrish makes it sound worse than it meant to be.

This is what I gathered too. I don't think they mean to sound so dismissive, but the language barrier makes it sound that way.

In any case, I'm glad to see a satisfying resolution to things for phoenix, and I'll think twice about ordering from N-Y ever again. The only thing I ordered from them was an ALTER Maeda Keiji a few months back.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hmm I don't like that tone. At all...glad they are helping you but what the hell..

Sounds like just bad English, I always had to go back to edit my post because it is hard for me to express my tone with writing.

^please read this with a :) tone.

So I saw the post on MFC, I'm actually curious to know when you ordered your Snow Miku? I placed my pre-order with NY literally as soon as the first wave went up and the one I received a few days ago is definitely the real deal. I never had a problem before even with super old OOP figures.

I have to wonder if their supplier is at fault here, because I've had a couple of pre-orders screwed around with where NY have said on the release day that their regular supplier has messed them around and they need to find another one to source the stock from. I'm pretty certain Snow Miku 14 was available to order from them way past the GSC custom order cutoff point as well, so they can't have directly ordered them all from the GSC website as with past Snow Mikus.

Danj

Apparently my parcel is still awaiting payment of charges despite me paying them last week. I thought maybe the payment didn't go through but I checked my bank and it did. I need to phone parcelforce :/

Don't phone them, tweet at them. Their twitter account is very responsive and will get you sorted more quickly and less stressfully than being on the phone.

Of course it might be that their social media team can't help and tell you to phone anyway, but it's definitely worth a shot.

In other news, my Snow Miku arrived today after I paid the swingeingly high admin fees and customs fees yesterday. Here are some unboxing pictures.

javac

Decided to make an excel document in order to see all the stuff I've ordered so far. This is what it looks like from now until October. The maroon stuff is what I've got ordered currently but I'm going to cancel, that includes Link Nendoroid, Bayo 2 and Asuka and the red stuff (Gurren Lagann, GITS) I'm going to cancel because I've ordered them cheaper elsewhere.

cajunator

Banned
Decided to make an excel document in order to see all the stuff I've ordered so far. This is what it looks like from now until October. The maroon stuff is what I've got ordered currently but I'm going to cancel, that includes Link Nendoroid, Bayo 2 and Asuka and the red stuff (Gurren Lagann, GITS) I'm going to cancel because I've ordered them cheaper elsewhere.

I probably should do this too lol.
At the least I have the figures I ordered indicated on MFC.
Spread out amongst GSc. Amiami, and the vast majority from HobbySearch

javac

I probably should do this too lol.
At the least I have the figures I ordered indicated on MFC.
Spread out amongst GSc. Amiami, and the vast majority from HobbySearch

Ha yeah I just decided to do it since I think it makes it easier to see in a visual manner how much you are spending each month. I put the stores I ordered them from next to them too so I know where to go if I need to cancel anything. I'm sure there's lots of websites and tools that help you do this but I think making a document like this is pretty handy!

javac

All my purchases are on AmiAmi...all I have to do is log in if I want to make my wallet cry.

That makes things easier
and probably more depressing
! But don't you order games and Blu-rays etc? Could come in handy for stuff like that unless you shop at the same store for them too :)

It's funny how I was soo excited for all the games this year but haven't ordered anything, apart from Bayo 2 which I'm going to cancel too. I really wanted Smash and Pokemo too T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom