• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MFC is pretty good at tracking purchases as long as you input all the data. It breaks down your spending by month in a comprehensive fashion. A spreadsheet might be easier on the eyes, though.

That makes things easier
and probably more depressing
! But don't you order games and Blu-rays etc? Could come in handy for stuff like that unless you shop at the same store for them too :)

It's funny how I was soo excited for all the games this year but haven't ordered anything, apart from Bayo 2 which I'm going to cancel too. I really wanted Smash and Pokemo too T_T

Well...I was only talking about figures and artbooks. Although I do have a Vita game ordered for this month from them.

kewlmyc

You Debbie Downers!

I don't want to believe either (my Kyoko is made by Phat and is supposed to be released this month), but if it's a sister company with GSC and doesn't have a release date yet, then it's most likely being delayed. I hope it isn't though.

We collect figures here. I don't think we're in any condition to judge you. :p

image.php

jeffers

Just realised/saw I had 2 nendoroid Links ordered from BiJ (2 diff orders, unsure how I managed to order 2), and too late/they wont cancel (had done pay later). Best course of action?

Here is my August of unholy doom...it would have been worse but I canceled the Ikaros figure. Worst month for me yet but I am prepared.

dUKMJwM.jpg

Luckly September will be rather light especially if that Alter Asuka gets delayed like you all keep foreseeing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have two of the LEs ordered lol. Also looking forward to Dekamari Senran Kagura

Good man!

You said that you had ordered some artbooks. I feel like I may want to order some Japanese art collections. I hear the printing quality over there is really something. Maybe I'll check out a SK book or two.

Good man!

You said that you had ordered some artbooks. I feel like I may want to order some Japanese art collections. I hear the printing quality over there is really something. Maybe I'll check out a SK book or two.

Artbooks are more addictive to me to collect than the figures. I use them as inspiration for my art so always great to have something to thumb through for coloring ideas and the like. There are some awesome Senran Kagura books but I mainly focused on Nan Yaegashi's art. His take on SK is so damn awesome. I have a whole shelf of art books from Japan so far, helping to keep that shelf stable since my figures are on it hehe.

Einbroch

Banned
Here is my August of unholy doom...it would have been worse but I canceled the Ikaros figure. Worst month for me yet but I am prepared. Luckly September will be rather light especially if that Alter Asuka gets delayed like you all keep foreseeing.

But look at all these deals. Not a single figure over 7.5k.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Artbooks are more addictive to me to collect than the figures. I use them as inspiration for my art so always great to have something to thumb through for coloring ideas and the like. There are some awesome Senran Kagura books but I mainly focused on Nan Yaegashi's art. His take on SK is so damn awesome. I have a whole shelf of art books from Japan so far, helping to keep that shelf stable since my figures are on it hehe.

I do like me some artbooks. Any recommendations? I have a ton of video game artbooks from Udon. I have the Ni0 book they localized here.

The only foreign artbook I've purchased is a Hyung Tae Kim one.

javac

I have all of the Ghibli Artbooks, they're pretty awesome! Ditto for the bunch of Evangelion artbooks I have. Also love Satoshi Urushihara (NSFW) <3

omlet

Trying out the monthly order thing on amiami for the first time. My order might grow but I have no preorders for this month.

Unfortunately amiami's artbook selection isn't that great. There is at least one newish artbook I'd have tossed in the order but they don't have it.

I do like me some artbooks. Any recommendations? I have a ton of video game artbooks from Udon. I have the Ni0 book they localized here.

The only foreign artbook I've purchased is a Hyung Tae Kim one.

For Senran Kagura I have these and love them all.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1636858
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1555602
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1528552

Last one is more of a collection from Yaegashi Nan but still has some SK. Other than that it really depends on your preference for anime. I try to get some for each of my favorite shows. There are a few more for SK as well but I am sticking to these three. Artbooks can be tricky though sometimes they have a lot of text so I try to hunt out reviews or Ebay postings that show pics of the contents. Printing is nice but I do wish sometimes they used better paper.

For example I bought this

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1638046

I was disappointed in the quality of paper and how most of it was in black and white. Still nice to have since I love Kill la Kill.

Really have to try to do research on them but it is hard to find impressions sometimes.

Trying out the monthly order thing on amiami for the first time. My order might grow but I have no preorders for this month.

Unfortunately amiami's artbook selection isn't that great. There is at least one newish artbook I'd have tossed in the order but they don't have it.

They really don't stock a lot of them. I do check the book section everyday they are open, big titles will sell out FAST. I had to source a Engaged to the Unidentified book elsewhere because it sold out so damn fast.

omlet

They really don't stock a lot of them. I do check the book section everyday they are open, big titles will sell out FAST. I had to source a Engaged to the Unidentified book elsewhere because it sold out so damn fast.

Daily? Yikes, that's dedication.

This is the one I mentioned I was checking for http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1525328 I got to thumb through it at AX last month and almost bought it on the spot. I can get it elsewhere (have used CD Japan before) but would have been nice to just add it to my amiami order.

My artbook collection is pretty small, like 5 books. First artbook I ever got was the Madoka Magica Production Note first edition. Love that book. I wish the Key Animation Note collection wasn't so expensive--those are glorious but I always talk myself out of buying them. Edit: Actually, correction, that was the first artbook I ever purchased. I got a "free" copy of Ito Noizi's Guren a couple years prior for helping out at a convention dealer booth (and I mean it was my payment, not I that lifted it lol). Unfortunately the counterpart book to Guren is like impossible to find and really expensive so I don't have it :(

Daily? Yikes, that's dedication.

This is the one I mentioned I was checking for http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1525328 I got to thumb through it at AX last month and almost bought it on the spot. I can get it elsewhere (have used CD Japan before) but would have been nice to just add it to my amiami order.

My artbook collection is pretty small, like 5 books. First artbook I ever got was the Madoka Magica Production Note first edition. Love that book. I wish the Key Animation Note collection wasn't so expensive--those are glorious but I always talk myself out of buying them.

Almost bought that Kiniro Mosaic book after watching the show. I would like to get a Madoka book though...tried to find one at Otakon but didn't have any luck.

So I saw the post on MFC, I'm actually curious to know when you ordered your Snow Miku? I placed my pre-order with NY literally as soon as the first wave went up and the one I received a few days ago is definitely the real deal. I never had a problem before even with super old OOP figures.

I have to wonder if their supplier is at fault here, because I've had a couple of pre-orders screwed around with where NY have said on the release day that their regular supplier has messed them around and they need to find another one to source the stock from. I'm pretty certain Snow Miku 14 was available to order from them way past the GSC custom order cutoff point as well, so they can't have directly ordered them all from the GSC website as with past Snow Mikus.
Exactly a week ago (August 5th). I ordered it after someone here told me N-Y was selling her.

I saw it before this post. Thank you so much Cajunator. <3

omlet

Almost bought that Kiniro Mosaic book after watching the show. I would like to get a Madoka book though...tried to find one at Otakon but didn't have any luck.

That Kiniro book is great. It's super cute. About the same tone as the show in terms of "fanservice" if I recall correctly (short skirts and sun dresses, so nothing too lewd which is something I always like to check for before I buy an artbook). I kinda regret not buying it at AX even with markup because it was just that hnnngh, but I can snag it later.

If you are looking for a Madoka book, I can't recommend the Production Note enough.
These guys have the original but I think you can do better on pricing. http://www.animebooks.com/pumamamaprno.html

There's also a re-release version that looks a bit different but I think it's mostly the same content. I saw these newer prints at AX but all were sealed so I can't confirm differences. My guess is if there is anything different they might not have the small "loose" things (bookmark/postcard/portrait/kyubey) the original has.
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784896109160 Kinokunia has the re-print for sale for much cheaper. Note the coloration differences.

If you have questions about it or want some pics there's a good entry about the production note book set on the Madoka wiki or I can help.

Key animation note collection is like the holy grail of Madoka artbooks IMO, but you're looking at like 8(?) books at about $40 each before shipping which will be a lot because they're very heavy. Production Note is like the next best thing since it has a mixture of key animation art, concept sketches, timeline drafts, color art, and full color backgrounds.

chrono01

Lewd indeed.

i think chrono bought that

the man with no fear
I do have her on pre-order actually. I had to go with the tub/cleaner cloth version too, which makes the purchase even more costly.

However, I love Toshihide Sano's artwork and, while the face isn't entirely 100% accurate, it's still beautiful.

Definitely lewd, though. >_<

In-regards to the N-Y/Snow Miku situation, I'm glad to see that you have everything sorted out, phoenix296. I will agree that their tone in the initial emails, and the ones after, were a bit...negative. It's not as though you asked for a bootlegged figure [who would?]. I'd definitely take the deal for the replacement Snow Miku/Free Nendoroid, as you are, and never do business with them again. I know I won't, after my current exclusive pre-orders are fulfilled. Thankfully we all have BIJ for our exclusive/proxy needs.

That Kiniro book is great. It's super cute. About the same tone as the show in terms of "fanservice" if I recall correctly (short skirts and sun dresses, so nothing too lewd which is something I always like to check for before I buy an artbook). I kinda regret not buying it at AX even with markup because it was just that hnnngh, but I can snag it later.

If you are looking for a Madoka book, I can't recommend the Production Note enough.
These guys have the original but I think you can do better on pricing. http://www.animebooks.com/pumamamaprno.html

There's also a re-release version that looks a bit different but I think it's mostly the same content. I saw these newer prints at AX but all were sealed so I can't confirm differences. My guess is if there is anything different they might not have the small "lose" things (bookmark/postcard/portrait/kyubey) the original has.
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784896109160 Kinokunia has the re-print for sale for much cheaper. Note the coloration differences.

If you have questions about it or want some pics there's a good entry about the production note book set on the Madoka wiki or I can help.

Key animation note collection is like the holy grail of Madoka artbooks IMO, but you're looking at like 8(?) books at about $40 each before shipping which will be a lot because they're very heavy. Production Note is like the next best thing since it has a mixture of key animation art, concept sketches, timeline drafts, color art, and full color backgrounds.

Hnng...man some of those look amazing. Must resist.

omlet

I'm excited for mine, too. Not sure what to expect for shipping, though. Subaru wouldn't be much but.........

....I sprung for the A/B Alter Houmei that showed up today on amiami. :D

I'm paying some Later tax, but it's not too bad compared to some things that go up after release. I remember seeing this one before but the price kept me away when it was new... can afford it now, and after taking a look at the good pics on MFC, I couldn't resist.
Edit: MFC link http://myfigurecollection.net/item/42031

Einbroch

Banned
Saw that last night. Looks stunning. Unfortunately I have no idea what her source material is. Shining Wind has some great looking stuff, but ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ at what it is.

Bombless

I'm excited for mine, too. Not sure what to expect for shipping, though. Subaru wouldn't be much but.........

I'm paying some Later tax, but it's not too bad compared to some things that go up after release. I remember seeing this one before but the price kept me away when it was new... can afford it now, and after taking a look at the good pics on MFC, I couldn't resist.

That is damn cute. And looks great.

omlet

Saw that last night. Looks stunning. Unfortunately I have no idea what her source material is. Shining Wind has some great looking stuff, but ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ at what it is.

Shining series is a video game franchise, all some flavor of JRPGs as far as I know. I'm no expert, though, as I've only played two of them (GBA and PS2) and only liked one of the two (GBA). But unfamiliarity with source material doesn't stop me from buying awesome looking figures.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For Senran Kagura I have these and love them all.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1636858
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1555602
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1528552

Last one is more of a collection from Yaegashi Nan but still has some SK. Other than that it really depends on your preference for anime. I try to get some for each of my favorite shows. There are a few more for SK as well but I am sticking to these three. Artbooks can be tricky though sometimes they have a lot of text so I try to hunt out reviews or Ebay postings that show pics of the contents. Printing is nice but I do wish sometimes they used better paper.

For example I bought this

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1638046

I was disappointed in the quality of paper and how most of it was in black and white. Still nice to have since I love Kill la Kill.

Really have to try to do research on them but it is hard to find impressions sometimes.

Thanks for the links! That's odd about the paper quality, though. Usually I hear that Japan uses really high quality paper for their artbooks. Those listed books look great. I'm tempted to pick them up. Does the New Wave book feature a lot of characters that aren't exclusively SK? Like the separate New Wave group? I'd rather have one devoted to the SK cast, I think.

I have all of the Ghibli Artbooks, they're pretty awesome! Ditto for the bunch of Evangelion artbooks I have. Also love Satoshi Urushihara (NSFW) <3

Eva books are neat. Satoshi Urushihara has that 90's vibe, too.

Ken

this thread will make me a leg person

well not that i'm not one already but man

PewPewK

Haha, just woke up and went to the MFC N-Y Bootleg thread and hotdamn, did it become virulent overnight or what!? Most people were fairly civilized over the first like 8 hours or so, but then a few people came out needing to defend N-Y for some reason and started getting in pretty heated arguments accusing Phoenix of being a scammer, and N-Y being totally legit in every way.

Pretty sure I might have found N-Y's MFC account. He popped into the thread about 3 times with very short, poorly written replies defending N-Y. He's had an account for 2 years, but only has 5 items set as owned. They're clearly not normally using the site and have no other activity except seemingly jumping in to defend N-Y in this debate.

Haha, just woke up and went to the MFC N-Y Bootleg thread and hotdamn, did it become virulent overnight or what!? Most people were fairly civilized over the first like 8 hours or so, but then a few people came out needing to defend N-Y for some reason and started getting in pretty heated arguments accusing Phoenix of being a scammer, and N-Y being totally legit in every way.

Pretty sure I might have found N-Y's MFC account. He popped into the thread about 3 times with very short, poorly written replies defending N-Y. He's had an account for 2 years, but only has 5 items set as owned. They're clearly not normally using the site and have no other activity except seemingly jumping in to defend N-Y in this debate.

yeah that thread took a shit. I had to hold back a lot. I have to try not to get banned =(. I can be pretty condescending and straight up vulgar to people that I find to be idiots in terms of logic.

My friends are surprised that I haven't been banned on gaf ever yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom