• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a quick response from GSC!

It sounds like they're on your side, phoenix296, and will help in any way they can [I expected this since, as I said earlier, their customer service is amazing]. That's what I like to see.

I have no doubts about GSC's customer service after they ate all the shipping charges from that Snow Miku shipping snafu some people had to deal with.

Bombless

I honestly was still giving them the benefit of doubt until phoenix posted those side by side shots. What the hell.

Tweeted this to Kahotan and Maritan. Added N-Y's twitter account for good measure.

chrono01

I have no doubts about GSC's customer service after they ate all the shipping charges from that Snow Miku shipping snafu some people had to deal with.
"Some people", including me. I'm still surprised/impressed that they did that. Sure, it was their mistake for sending the shipments via UPS, but they were under no obligation to reimburse all of those Canadians affected because of it.

They also sent me a replacement for Snow Miku 2013 [the front part of her hair was slightly chipped] for free, and all I had to do was take a few pictures and send them a single email.

GSC is seriously incredible.

I think we crashed Nippon-Yasan. I can't access their customer service page any more.
GSC Ninja got them.

That was quick.

george_us

Seriously, not only is this a scummy move on N-Y's part, but also a boneheaded one. Now they risk losing a ton of business all over $50.

Uraizen

Banned
"We are very sorry this has happened. We will be in touch with our distributor to be sure this does not happen again. We do not condone nor support the selling of counterfeit products and want to retain our customer's trust in their transactions. Here is a full refund for your snow miku, there is no need for you to send it back. Thank you for getting in touch with us.

- N-Y"

Boom, done.

EDIT: Not real, guys, just how the situation should have been handled to begin with.

kewlmyc

"We are very sorry this has happened. We will be in touch with our distributor to be sure this does not happen again. We do not condone nor support the selling of counterfeit products and want to retain our customer's trust in their transactions. Here is a full refund for your snow miku, there is no need for you to send it back. Thank you for getting in touch with us.

- N-Y"

Boom, done.

I always love a happy ending. Hope you can manage to get a real one Phoenix.

chrono01

- N-Y"

Boom, done.
Well that was fast, lol. Nicely done, phoenix296.

I'm glad to hear that they're fixing the situation. I'm not sure what the repercussions of this will be, though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

- N-Y"

Boom, done.

Great to hear.

Awesome to hear before I went to sleep, but not so awesome about Robin Williams ;__;, nite all.

Hope you're able to find a legit Snow Miku Phoenix.

chrono01

- N-Y"

Boom, done.
Wait, was this their response or just one of the possible ones they could have came up with to better handle the situation? I just noticed that this wasn't posted by phoenix296. >_<

- N-Y"

Boom, done.

Where was this posted? They haven't said anything to me.

Bombless

- N-Y"

Boom, done.
You should edit that post because that's not an actual N-Y message.

PewPewK

I wonder if we could make something happen by getting Mami-tan to e-mail Nippon-Yasan's support line from her official @goodsmile e-mail and have her confirm that the Nendoroid he received was indeed a counterfeit...

PewPewK

Oh that wasn't an official response?

Here's the twitter of Mamitan and the tumblr page, probably won't be fast as that reddit reply but it's a place to contact GSC:
http://goodsmilecompanyus.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/gsc_mamitan

Also N-Y's twitter but doubt they'll reply:
https://twitter.com/Nipponyasancom

It was to some degree, but her commenting on reddit isn't gonna hold a lot of weight with N-Y, I wouldn't believe. A direct e-mail to them from Good Smile itself, however, might be worth something.

Yaari

BTW, a dead giveaway is them claiming they got the item from us. We did not distribute this item to retailers, she is only sold via our online shop, wonfes and various events we are at. No retailer should have this item and if they do its all second hand. If any retailer claims to sell a wonfes good and they got it from GSC that's a big red flag.
Mamitan on Reddit.

Makes sense, very interesting.

Uraizen

Banned
I always love a happy ending. Hope you can manage to get a real one Phoenix.

Well that was fast, lol. Nicely done, phoenix296.

I'm glad to hear that they're fixing the situation. I'm not sure what the repercussions of this will be, though.

Great to hear.

Wait, was this their response or just one of the possible ones they could have came up with to better handle the situation? I just noticed that this wasn't posted by phoenix296. >_<

Where was this posted? They haven't said anything to me.

You should edit that post because that's not an actual N-Y message.

Wha... I didn't think that anybody would believe it. I probably should have said "Would that have been so hard?" instead.

JoeFu

Banned
Mamitan on Reddit.

Makes sense, very interesting.

Shouldn't GSC uh pursue legal action or something? Or you know tell then to pull the item if they are saying they got it from GSC?

Like they should have some responsibility to pull fakes from online stores right? Especially if they know who their partners are?

Name: Yoann

Thank you for your message

Once again we are absolutely sure that what we send out wasn't a bootleg

The only thing i can ask you to do is to ask GSC an expertise with this product

When you have that come back to me i will forward it to my superiors

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

They are quite adamant. (I sent them my post that showed the images proving 100% that what I received was a fake.) Time to contact mamitan.

chrono01

They are quite adamant. (I sent them my post that showed the images proving 100% that what I received was a fake.) Time to contact mamitan.
I guess they need Takanori Aki, the president/CEO of Good Smile Company, to travel to N-Y's offices and express directly that the figure you received is a bootleg. Maybe....MAYBE then they'll believe it.

Seriously. What more proof do they need? -_-

Gyrian

EDIT: And it's gone.

FYI B/B 7th Dragon Samurai @ amiami

FIG-MOE-6120.jpg

chrono01

hmm maybe i'll move over. I just wished BIJ had a pay when ready.
They do, but not for exclusives. :(

I guess I can't really blame them, since exclusives are required to be paid up-front for them and it would be difficult on them if they ordered a large number and then had people cancel.

I've ordered many exclusives from BIJ and have nothing but great things to say about them. It's why they're the site I used for the exclusives that I was 100% confident on. It certainly makes it more easier to decide to cut out N-Y entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom