• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2014: That Classic Taste [now ending]

Hazmat

Got dragoon/black/geo/mystic knight

I'm having big trouble fighting the 4 crystals inside the wooden
tree

Is there a store that sell those fire rings? I'm at level 29 each so I dont know if I need to grind a bit more.

And if anyone knows where I am in the game, how far am I?

Close to/around 2/3 through the game. I also think that you're unable to buy fire rings at your place in the game.

Your levels aren't bad, but I take it this is your first time? You're at one of the hardest fights in the game. I think several of the crystals have an elemental weakness that you should be able to exploit with Mystic Knight and Black Mage. They all sort of go crazy after a certain amount of damage and start casting much nastier spells, so you need to burn them down quickly.

tree

Is there a store that sell those fire rings? I'm at level 29 each so I dont know if I need to grind a bit more.

The key is that each crystal starts off with 7,777HP, and only casts its really big spell when its HP reaches a certain point (~3000HP?), so the best strategy is to handle each crystal one at a time. That means the Geomancer will be better off healing, as IIRC, all of its !Gaia spells in this battle are multi-hit only. The Black Mage (Single-target spells), Mystic Knight (!Spellblade Drain), and Dragoon (!Jump !Jump !Jump !Jump) should concentrate on attacking. If you need to grind, fight Dechirers on the world map, around the town of Moore; they're pretty common, easy to beat, and they give a ton of EXP each battle.

Ruuppa

tree

While the Crystals have a lot of elemental immunities, they have no elemental weaknesses to compensate them, so it's quite a tough battle.

Concentrate on a single Crystal and take it down hard and fast. They start casting spells once they get under 3000 HP, so if you can calculate when you've done around 4500 damage, you can prepare for that. You can use !Jump to avoid their spells, but it needs a bit of timing. !Spellblade Drain is probably the best thing to use with your Mystic Knight.

Edit: You *could* get enough Black Magic levels to get Bio/Fira/Blizzara/Thundara for everyone. That would bypass the crazy Evasion the Crystals have.

Close to/around 2/3 through the game. I also think that you're unable to buy fire rings at your place in the game.

Your levels aren't bad, but I take it this is your first time? You're at one of the hardest fights in the game. I think several of the crystals have an elemental weakness that you should be able to exploit with Mystic Knight and Black Mage. They all sort of go crazy after a certain amount of damage and start casting much nastier spells, so you need to burn them down quickly.

The key is that each crystal starts off with 7,777HP, and only casts its really big spell when its HP reaches a certain point (~3000HP?), so the best strategy is to handle each crystal one at a time. That means the Geomancer will be better off healing, as IIRC, all of its !Gaia spells in this battle are multi-hit only. The Black Mage (Single-target spells), Mystic Knight (!Spellblade Drain), and Dragoon (!Jump !Jump !Jump !Jump) should concentrate on attacking. If you need to grind, fight Dechirers on the world map, around the town of Moore; they're pretty common, easy to beat, and they give a ton of EXP each battle.

While the Crystals have a lot of elemental immunities, they have no elemental weaknesses to compensate them, so it's quite a tough battle.

Concentrate on a single Crystal and take it down hard and fast. They start casting spells once they get under 3000 HP, so if you can calculate when you've done around 4500 damage, you can prepare for that. You can use !Jump to avoid their spells, but it needs a bit of timing. !Spellblade Drain is probably the best thing to use with your Mystic Knight.

Edit: You *could* get enough Black Magic levels to get Bio/Fira/Blizzara/Thundara for everyone. That would bypass the crazy Evasion the Crystals have.

This is my first time playing. I realized at a certain health, they'll cast their crazy spells like you guys mentioned. I'm always down to one crystal (Fire elem) but doesn't seem to be affected by magic. So when I get it down to the 3000 HP area, it destroys me with Firaga. I currently have my team equipped with the (lv 5) black magic ability, so they all can use the -aga's. However, I may need to equip two of them with jump. I'll experiment and grind if I need to. Thanks!

EDIT:
Beat it. I feel like I lucked out. My black mage and geo has Gaia equipped and each used Branch Spear twice in a row.

Ourobolus

Banned
FINALLY got some damned Kaiser Knuckles to drop last night. Melusine was actually a bit of a pain until I got Tempting Tango to hit, then she went down easy. Finished the Water Temple, and now to go to the Fork Tower so I can get the Wonder Rod...then onwards to the rift!

gblues

Banned
Hmmmm...

Well, make sure to haste your own party members, but that goes without saying.

He is weak to holy elemental attacks, so you can always try to get Staves of Light from Metamorphs and break them for pretty large amounts of damage. That is potentially a very grindy method though. Reflect magic might also be a good strategy to deal with the -aga spells.

I finally beat ExDeath!

My strategy:

0. Spam "Return" until ExDeath doesn't open with Doom.
1. Hastaga on the first round
2. maintain blink on everyone
3. Spam Comet, relenting only to refresh buffs and heal

Now I'm finally on World 3. Might actually finish this year. :)

antibolo

Banned
I'm in the Island Shrine. Man, fuck those enemies that constantly cast level-based spells. Just got a Game Over from a Level 3 Flare. Level 5 Death is also obviously worrisome. Doesn't help that they have a quick first turn, even my Masamune-equipped samurai can't react fast enough.

archer92

Neo Member
I'm in the Island Shrine. Man, fuck those enemies that constantly cast level-based spells. Just got a Game Over from a Level 3 Flare. Level 5 Death is also obviously worrisome. Doesn't help that they have a quick first turn, even my Masamune-equipped samurai can't react fast enough.

Do you have any Reflect Rings? Level X spells can be Reflected.

Ruuppa

Those guys are one of the reasons !Flee is the best non-attack skill in the game. I usually have it equipped on all my guys when I'm not facing a boss.

This is my first time playing. I realized at a certain health, they'll cast their crazy spells like you guys mentioned. I'm always down to one crystal (Fire elem) but doesn't seem to be affected by magic. So when I get it down to the 3000 HP area, it destroys me with Firaga. I currently have my team equipped with the (lv 5) black magic ability, so they all can use the -aga's. However, I may need to equip two of them with jump. I'll experiment and grind if I need to. Thanks!

EDIT:
Beat it. I feel like I lucked out. My black mage and geo has Gaia equipped and each used Branch Spear twice in a row.

Eh, luck works, especially with classes that depend on it, like Geo and Dancer. Heck during my first year, I beat the crystals by maxing out the Berserker job on one of my characters to use Equip Axes as a Samurai; all so I could use the Death Sickle's (A rare drop from World 1) random Instant Death effect on each crystal. And even that plan had some casualties when the effect wouldn't trigger before the big spells.

Ourobolus

Banned
Made it to Catastrophe with my MNK/THF/RED/RED team. Time to leave and confuse a Gaelicat. EDIT: Well that was easy.

Shouldn't have any issues until ExDeath after that.

I rolled a WHT/SUM/BRD/??? team on my Vita for the hell of it. Made it to the cannons on the Ronka Ruins. Gonna have to keep reloading my game until every single one is a Missile Launcher, because the Flame Throwers are one-shotting my Level 8/9 guys (~160HP each).

Ourobolus

Banned
All right! Now I just have ExDeath left.

Monk - Lv 32, 1933 HP (w/ 30% HP Boost + Kaiser Knuckles)
Thief - Lv 29, 870 HP (Chicken Knife + Mirage Vest)
Red Mage - Lv 30, 812 HP (Magus Rod or Wonder Wand + Gold Hairpin)
Red Mage - Lv 29, 765 HP (Dancing Dagger + Lamia's Tiara)

Almagest: ...not having Shell is going to suck. Going to have to hope for Wonder Wand (Break) or Catoblepas to do its thing. I guess Butz can survive, but since he'll have Kaiser Knuckles rather than Hermes Sandals on he won't be live much longer.

Grand Cross: ...not have Esuna is going to suck also. Man Red Mages blow.

Damage output shouldn't be TERRIBLE (like 5000-5500 per round), but it will take awhile. If I can just auto-kill the Almagest part it should be doable.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Resuming easymode magic run, in Exdeath's Castle.

Got a Power Staff from my first Black Warlock encounter. Poor Shinryu.

Huh, reflecting Slow onto Exdeath didn't work. Well, beat him easily the next attempt. Boosted -aga spells dealing 4k damage thanks to +20 levels, unleashed extra quickly thanks to a combination of hastaga and swift song.

Farming items is definitely going to be a priority on world 3 though, almost out of everything.

Beat the pyramid, which could have been less annoying. Sing takes out most of the enemies there no problem. But it doesn't take out those stupid monster summoners and I ran into those constantly. At least the Damned enemies could just be 1HKO'd for the easy Dark Matters.

Got some Dragon Fangs, Turtle Shells, stocked up on other items. Shopped up the Phantom Village, and got the last piano so I could get the last songs. Grabbed the lamp and a few weapons from the Castle, useful ones! Magus Rod to boost !Black without swapping around rods, Apollo's Harp to massacre dragons, and the Assassin Knife just to have a decently powerful weapon to share around, since the Dancing Dagger was my previous best.

Guess I should hit up some of these dungeons so I can get Flare and Meteor, not sure if I really need them but they will be nice to have nonetheless.

Ourobolus

Banned
Is it worth doing the Phoenix Tower and the Falls even if I don't have a Summoner?
If you need the ABP, there are Magic Pots in the tower that give 100 in exchange for a few Elixirs. Other than that, there's a bunch of money in the tower.

The Falls...eh. I wouldn't worry about it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: if you put Wendigo's real body to sleep he can't change bodies so you can keep pounding on him with non-awakening attacks, like !Black.

Omniscient was cake, Minotaur was annoying. Bard and Chemist are not good damage dealers but they got the job done. Nets me Flare which I may or may not use.

With a Bard you can more or less sleep through the trench, Requiem killed everything except the skeleton things in two shots, and those in three. Works really well against the boss there too. Obtained Meteor, which, again, I may or may not use.

Guess that means it is time to figure out how to make Omega die.

jbcNSj00V2elbZ.png

Easy when you do it right, first try, and the first time I've beaten Omega.

Lenna and Krile both singing Romeo's Ballad, Faris doing Swift Song. Dartz did all the work with Black and Mix. Gave himself reflect with Dragon Defense and reflected Thundagas for about 3.3k damage a pop. Omega did attempt Blaster early in the fight, which failed (probably due to hermes sandles). My agility with these jobs was probably too low initially to outspeed him.

Shinryu will be harder, if only because blinding it successfully before it murders me is pure luck. Once that's set it will be easy though, especially since Apollo's Harp should deal great damage.

Yeah, Shinryu took a few tries before I got the Chemist's Dark Gas to connect. Super easy once it did though. Had Mix on everyone, Lenna used Apollo's Harp for heavy damage and Krile helped with -aga spells.

Spammed the screenshot button after each attack once I knew it was getting close and got this cool shot.
jJ1kK2GuGDyEY.png

Wish he had the boss death animation, would make it easier to get screenshots instead of having to spam the button/key. And good luck pausing at the right time to those using cameras.

jnE5OK7Mdlf5g.png

Most pathetic display I have ever seen Exdeath and his voidform put on. Absolutely awful. NeoExdeath didn't get a single noteworthy attack off. Apart from two white holes, my characters were never even threatened. My Bard didn't get hit a single time by any attack whatsoever throughout either form, she was singing Heroes Rime literally from start to finish. My No750 run last year was super easy, but this...

Come on, Exdeath. This group of jobs is ridiculously OP. You didn't have to throw in the handicap.

I think I'll start a No750 run once my victories are processed. Not sure if I'll do a random after that or not.

neoemonk

All right! Now I just have ExDeath left.

Monk - Lv 32, 1933 HP (w/ 30% HP Boost + Kaiser Knuckles)
Thief - Lv 29, 870 HP (Chicken Knife + Mirage Vest)
Red Mage - Lv 30, 812 HP (Magus Rod or Wonder Wand + Gold Hairpin)
Red Mage - Lv 29, 765 HP (Dancing Dagger + Lamia's Tiara)

Almagest: ...not having Shell is going to suck. Going to have to hope for Wonder Wand (Break) or Catoblepas to do its thing. I guess Butz can survive, but since he'll have Kaiser Knuckles rather than Hermes Sandals on he won't be live much longer.

Grand Cross: ...not have Esuna is going to suck also. Man Red Mages blow.

Damage output shouldn't be TERRIBLE (like 5000-5500 per round), but it will take awhile. If I can just auto-kill the Almagest part it should be doable.

Were you ok at those levels?

I just got the first tablet in the merged world. My party is level 30.

I've got White Mage/Black Mage/Thief/Thief.

I'm planning on doing the Fork Tower for Holy and Flare, but was thinking on heading to end game after that. My concern is that I would need to grind ten or fifteen levels to really stand a chance and that doesn't sound fun. Thoughts?

Ourobolus

Banned

I'm planning on doing the Fork Tower for Holy and Flare, but was thinking on heading to end game after that. My concern is that I would need to grind ten or fifteen levels to really stand a chance and that doesn't sound fun. Thoughts?

Not really. I was busy this weekend with my grandma turning 80, so I didn't get much time to play. I half-heartedly attempted it once and did fine on ExDeath's first form until he started pounding me with Meteor. I'm going to have to figure out how to bypass him casting that when he gets low (or get really lucky). Oddly enough I don't think I'll have much issue with Neo ExDeath though, provided I can take out the Almagest part.

I also learned that with the Red Mage, Sword Dance only seemed to do about 600 HP to ExDeath instead of the 1200 it was doing previously, so it might be better to just shove her in the back row and Dualcast -ra spells. (about 440 x2 damage)

You'll have much more luck since you'll have access to Shell and Break.

EDIT: Does anyone know at what HP level ExDeath (tree) starts casting Meteor? Or is it all the time, I just didn't see it until near the end?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Does anyone know at what HP level ExDeath (tree) starts casting Meteor? Or is it all the time, I just didn't see it until near the end?

Does he start Meteor the same time he starts using Flare and Holy, or is it later? I think he starts using those when you get him to around halfway down.

I don't think you should have too much trouble with NeoExdeath. Magic Lamp kills the back part with any party, and with Black Mage you can use Break on the Almagest part. Then you can use MT -aga magic to take out the last two parts.

You could probably put !Black and !White each on a Thief and give each mage the other magic type. Would give you three casters of each so you have solid support and good damage output. I think if you pound on him hard enough the Grand Cross timer resets, I got the "laws of the universe" message like three times in my last fight against him but he never actually got to use Grand Cross. Protect should help you survive the Vacuum Waves.

Trimmed my other post, the basic summary is that everything in World 1 sucked with Thief + Berserker, but Beastmaster helped turned things around. Now I have Samurai and it's coming together well, honestly expected to get Dragoon here.

Ourobolus

Banned
Does he start Meteor the same time he starts using Flare and Holy, or is it later? I think he starts using those when you get him to around halfway down.

Trimmed my other post, the basic summary is that everything in World 1 sucked with Thief + Berserker, but Beastmaster helped turned things around. Now I have Samurai and it's coming together well, honestly expected to get Dragoon here.

I basically had one Flare, one Holy, and then at one point 2 Meteors in a row that wiped me out.

neoemonk

Forgot that I had to get the second tablet to do the Fork Tower. Grrr. I don't need anything from that place. Well, I guess experience, but I would have preferred to skip it.

gblues

Banned
Might have spoke too soon.

I can't beat the gargoyles at the pyramid. I don't have anything that does group damage, so as soon as either of them die, they just revive.

I'm fucked.

I can't beat the gargoyles at the pyramid. I don't have anything that does group damage, so as soon as either of them die, they just revive.

I'm fucked.

I think if you're in battle with them long enough, they commit suicide. At least that's what happened to me. They used that one Blue spell where you give all your HP to a partner, and you get KO'd.

gblues

Banned
I think if you're in battle with them long enough, they commit suicide. At least that's what happened to me. They used that one Blue spell where you give all your HP to a partner, and you get KO'd.

I'm playing the iOS version. When one of them uses Transfusion, it dies... and then respawns.

Also, I should mention that when one of them dies, it respawns before my next character even gets a turn, so it's not like there's a delay for me to be able to take out the second one quickly before the first one respawns.

I'm fucked.

Eh, the gargoyles are pretty easy, since they're susceptible to a bunch of status conditions. My favorite tactic has been to wipe them out with !Spellblade Break, but that won't help with your party. Basically, the Gargoyles' gimmick is that when you kill one, the other one will use its next turn to revive it, so you either need to kill them both at around the same time, or prevent them from reviving.

Your party gives you a variety of options. The simplest way would be to cast Berserk on one, and kill the other (the berserk Gargoyle will never revive the other), just make sure you cast Protect or Blink on your party to lessen Berserk's impact. You could also keep casting Stop on one gargoyle (or both) to prevent it from acting at all. Or equip a Death Sickle on your Berserker and hope that it casts instant death. Or some combination of the above.

So I've been hanging away from GBA games, so I only just started my run. I think I can still finish within the next month, although it'll get interesting once Trails in the Sky rolls out. Doing a Random Run, and I got Blue Mage this time around. Last time I got White Mage, so we'll see how it differs. I understand Blue Mage is very very potent if you get the right spells, vs. White Mages supreme support status.

EDIT: Ok, so I had forgotten about the Vampire thing in the GBA version. I'm seriously considering restarting in the SNES version before I get too far along, because max hp-current hp for a cheap hp steal move seems REALLY broken. Thoughts on this?

Ruuppa

Slow progress, but Barrier Tower is next.

EGWc7Gx.png

Really lucked out on this fight, when Whirlpool hit Enkidu and I managed to kill him in one hit. Didn't remember he was immune to Petrify, d'oh.

Had to take a level from the Gobbledygook before the boss, and level 15 puts me at Death lvl 5 risk.. Might have to level once more just to get out of it.

EDIT: Ok, so I had forgotten about the Vampire thing in the GBA version. I'm seriously considering restarting in the SNES version before I get too far along, because max hp-current hp for a cheap hp steal move seems REALLY broken. Thoughts on this?

Bosses and enemies get the benefit from that as well, so you'll get one-shotted when they deem to use that skill. Use it to your heart's content I say.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's nice, but eventually you'll start missing with it and it becomes less useful. I'd just keep going.

neoemonk

Made a few runs at XDeath yesterday. I was able to get to the Neo form with my party at level 35, but it kind of stomped me. I'm hoping I can beat him prior to level 40 but I'm not sure.

Bosses and enemies get the benefit from that as well, so you'll get one-shotted when they deem to use that skill. Use it to your heart's content I say.
The amount of times I've seen Enkidu drain a few thousand HP :(

Oh yeah I've been in barrier tower for a while. Undecided if to farm reflect rings (I've got white mage so shell should help vs Crystals).

gblues

Banned
Eh, the gargoyles are pretty easy, since they're susceptible to a bunch of status conditions. My favorite tactic has been to wipe them out with !Spellblade Break, but that won't help with your party. Basically, the Gargoyles' gimmick is that when you kill one, the other one will use its next turn to revive it, so you either need to kill them both at around the same time, or prevent them from reviving.

Your party gives you a variety of options. The simplest way would be to cast Berserk on one, and kill the other (the berserk Gargoyle will never revive the other), just make sure you cast Protect or Blink on your party to lessen Berserk's impact. You could also keep casting Stop on one gargoyle (or both) to prevent it from acting at all. Or equip a Death Sickle on your Berserker and hope that it casts instant death. Or some combination of the above.

Thanks! Berserk did the trick.

neoemonk

All the little tricks in this game make it fun. Stuff that I either forgot about or never even knew about. I know there are some real experts out there, but on this current run I've done a variety of stuff such as:

Berserk a Gargoyle so he can't revive his friend.

Start a fight with a party of toads with that throne room boss in the N-Zone. I found a bug by doing that, at least in the PS1 version. After the fight ends, my character on screen was still a toad until I hit the menu screen.

Using Mug when equipped with the Chicken Knife to never run away.

Equipping my whole party with Wall Rings and then casting Fire/Ice/Bolt 3 on my whole party to amp up the effect.

The Mirage Vest bug where you switch your weapon to the other hand to get the image back.

Then there is the status ailment exploiting. The only way I could beat Necrophobe was by bouncing Break off of a character with the Wall Ring for example.

This is all just stuff I've done on my current run with classic classes. There are so many different combos out there that you have so many choices. For instance, I've never had Chemist and this is my fourth year of doing the Fiesta. I don't even know how to use a Chemist! I just know people say it is overpowered.

Ok, I suppose I'll keep going. I'm currently in the Ship Graveyard after Faris revealed her gender. The boss in the canal was pretty easy, especially with Vampire. In my White Mage game the fight was still easy, but it took forever thanks to the White Mage's low damage output.

EDIT: Ok, so Siren, Magissa and Forza, and Garula all went down. Husband and Wife team were the toughest thanks to Magissa's Drain attack sapping away my characters from full health twice. Vampire is still pretty ridiculous. My 2nd job is Thief, so hopefully that should balance/neuter the sillyness that may result in having Blue Mage.

zashga

Having some trouble with the crystals this year. My party is thief/summoner/geomancer/dragoon, so my single-target damage isn't great.

I thought maybe I could solo the fight with my dragoon and a fire shield (using the fire crystal to heal her through the other spells), but there's some kind of weird quirk with the AI. Whichever crystal I'm actively beating on seems to take its turns a little bit faster, so I'll eventually get two Aerogas/Bubble Streams/Earthshakers in a row between Firagas...

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

neoemonk

VICTORY

White Mage/Black Mage/Thief/Thief

My party was level 36. I busted out the Magic Lamp early for Odin, then hammered the UltraGust portion. From then I just kept Protect up on my party and nuked with the black mage. I cast Holy if I didn't have to heal or deal with status from GrandCros and used Mug with the Chicken Knife.

Once I got the UltraGust portion down the fight got a lot easier. I tried to apply Break with my Black Mage several times when I died, but on this try I just nuked that form with Fire 3 to help burn it down.

Ruuppa

August is getting closer.. Need to step up my game.

Atomos could barely get a turn in because of Sleep Blade.
Tnbm13c.png

Now this was a tough fight! I could barely survive Aqua Breath, Earthshaker and Aeroga on double digit HP, so I had to level a bit. Without Flame Rings it would have been impossible. Got really tense when the Air Crystal started casting Aeroga faster than the Fire Crystal could heal me, but Magic Shell saved me there. Even then I barely won.
2t0jGsG.png

Galuf :(
aCSe7vQ.png

Exdeath's castle next, or to get that petrifying summon from the forest, maybe steal a few Angel Rings. I'll try to steal a lot of Reflect rings from the castle, enough to make future shopping trips a breeze.

neoemonk

Alright guys, real talk. Does everyone play on Active mode with full battle speed? There were two fights that I got frustrated with and turned down the speed but it does feel like cheating.

Then again I bet there are people playing on an emulator with save states so I don't know.

Alright guys, real talk. Does everyone play on Active mode with full battle speed? There were two fights that I got frustrated with and turned down the speed but it does feel like cheating.

Then again I bet there are people playing on an emulator with save states so I don't know.

On the console/gba versions I do, when playing on a touch screen I go with wait because I hate touch controls and active battles

Ourobolus

Banned

Pretty much only for the GBA version, and even then there are certain fights I'll lower it for just because it can get ridiculous (Neo Exdeath and the Crystals, for instance).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Default is wait isn't it? No idea what speed off the top of my head. The only setting I ever change is auto-run to on.

As far as "cheating" goes, I don't use save states. I do use fast forward (particularly for lengthy scenes). And I abuse quicksave in Walse Basement for the Elven Mantle if I don't have Thief, and depending on my jobs also against the Gil Turtle if I know I need more cash for the third world.

I don't really consider fast forward cheating, but I guess some might. The Gil Turtle is really just a shortcut - I could just as easily spend time grinding for money from more kill-able encounters, but Gil Turtle abuse just takes a few minutes. The Elven Mantle is the biggest instance of "cheating" out of the three, since without Thieves (no back attacks + flee) you can't really get it until later in the first world without being murdered.

Hey all, I need a bit of help.

I'm having trouble fighting Omniscient, who casts "Return" after almost any attack. So far he hasn't used it after I cast Bio on him. But he casts Regen on him self.

I have a Mystic Knight with Lance ability, and a Geo with Black Magic. How would do I defeat him?

Omniscient uses Return when he's hit with any physical attack. You're supposed to use nothing but magic on him to win.

But! Some good news. Since you've got a Mystic Knight, you can use Silence Blade, which will mute him and keep him from using Return. Just keep hitting him with the Silence Blade over and over and he won't be able to do anything.

Oh thanks! I didn't realize he does that after I attack with Mystic Knight, lol.. xp

Boney

Banned
Omniscient uses Return when he's hit with any physical attack. You're supposed to use nothing but magic on him to win.

But! Some good news. Since you've got a Mystic Knight, you can use Silence Blade, which will mute him and keep him from using Return. Just keep hitting him with the Silence Blade over and over and he won't be able to do anything.
Weird thing is that stuff like Lance and Animals also make him cast Return. Only regular magic hurts him.

Ultratech

Weird thing is that stuff like Lance and Animals also make him cast Return. Only regular magic hurts him.

Yeah, for the purposes of reacting to Physical attacks, Lance and Animals are in there with a lot of other commands.
(Which boils down to pretty much almost anything that isn't Black/White/Blue/Red/Time/Summon Magic.)

Fought Liquid Flame. Not surprisingly, I had to use my 1st rod break of the game on him because fuck that guy. Getting one-shotted by Fira was not something I wanted to deal with for too long. My 3rd Random job is Red Mage, so I have a little more physical power compared to Blue Mage. It also means I'm going to be spending a lot of time maxing out that last skill that costs 999 AP to learn. Ah well.

Top Bottom