• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

they would have said console exclusive then, don't you think?

Correct me if I'm wrong but they tend to say console exclusive if the PC version is launching day and date with the PS4 version. Otherwise it's 'first on PS4', doesn't indicate anything.

cLOUDo

Square Enix stock price:

Haha

is this legit?
lol

Ranger X

No seriously if they change the game though I am not buying.

FF7 is like my favorite battle system of all time. You can't touch that.

Swag

Re-record the soundtrack with full orchestra SE!

I hope this does extremely well to open the door for future HD remakes.

theofficefan99

(・_・)
I'm just saying the existence of voice acting doesn't necessarily preclude the ability to rename the protagonist.
You could even rename the protagonist in FFXII, and I'm pretty sure the characters said his name in that game.

What...? The only game in the series that had voice acting and also allowed you to rename your main character was FFX and that was just insanely awkward.

kuroshiki

No seriously if they change the game though I am not buying.

FF7 is like my favorite battle system of all time. You can't touch that.

Uh FF7 battle system on the fundamental level doesn't need change but it needs to speed the fuck up for today's standard.

Man. You guys forget that SE could share more info tomorrow. Let's not be hasty.

XV for 2016 (Hence gamecom marketing push)
VIIr for 2017
KHIII for 2018/19

Maybe wishful. Just wait for details.

Expect a demo or some preview with XV. Calling it now.

I'm dying at anyone thinking they won't change the gameplay

by going with AC's aesthetic that's already a huge departure

This was always going to be one of the major problems with a potential remake. The hardcore fans that wanted it aren't going to want the ATB touched. I think there's a real possibility that they may even go real time with it, which is going to draw a lot of anger.

So, here are my hopes:

1. Make Yuffie and Vincent mandatory characters. They are a big enough part of the franchise for it now, and are beloved favorites.

2. FULL VOICE ACTING. This cannot be stated enough.

3. FULL 100% orchestrated music, and do not let ANYONE but Uematsu handle it. Pay him whatever he wants.

4. Make no changes to the story. Add in a couple sidequests if you like, but that's it. Everything else must be kept the same. And yes, that means
Aeris has to die.
Bruh you are getting Genesis shoehorned in no matter what

Alric

Honestly wonder if it'll come out this console generation. We got a CG scene and nothing in game. Don't get me wrong I want this game, I just don't see it gracing our consoles for another 4-5+ years.

Lightning

Banned
In order for this remake to mean anything Square need to fix the crap out of the game. The material system is broken to fuck. A straight remake with prettier graphics will be Uber lame.

Mime should not work on limits, no multiple of the same material to duplicate effect etc (Counter Attack). Fix that shit.

-MD-

Can't wait for this, grew up with FF7 but never did finish it, got close a few years ago but my save was lost.

theofficefan99

So, here are my hopes:

1. Make Yuffie and Vincent mandatory characters. They are a big enough part of the franchise for it now, and are beloved favorites.

3. FULL 100% orchestrated music, and do not let ANYONE but Uematsu handle it. Pay him whatever he wants.

4. Make no changes to the story. Add in a couple sidequests if you like, but that's it. Everything else must be kept the same. And yes, that means
Aeris has to die.

1. 100% sure this is gonna happen.

2. Also 100% sure this is gonna happen...

3. Also 100% sure this is gonna happen...

4. This, I'm not so sure about. I wouldn't be surprised if they tinkered with the original storyline. For one, the new translation will make the game feel quite a lot different. Secondly, they'll probably add Compilation bits here and there.

But about that
*Aerith dying bit
, I'm also 100% sure that's still going to be the case. FFVII wouldn't be FFVII without that. I'm not sure why anyone would be worried about that.

Geg

Genesis is legit the worst character in the Final Fantasy franchise

Except maybe Cinque from type-0

i almost kind of hope the pc port still shows up. would be fun to go through the game again with achievements. That said i suppose its fairly obvious no why we haven't heard anything about that for a while.

lt519

Will definitely be playing this when it comes out, complete remake surprised me. Wasn't expecting a ground up remake (unless we've been fooled by the CGI).

Feichaw

So, here are my hopes:

Aeris has to die.

I can't agree with number 1. They should remain as secret characters.

About voice acting, I know it's a major feature, but I think it's going to ruin some special moments of the original game. I mean, a lot of the magic was there because we pictured that scenes and the dialogues in our minds back in the day. They better have a stellar performance here.

KingBroly

Banned
Part of me feels like they're going to add in a way to revive Aerith and just kinda ruin that whole idea of finality about her. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Falchion

Painfully few details for this so far, but at least it's on the way. I never played it back in the day (started with X) so I'm excited to go through it for the first time.

jeremy1456

That's a very cool announcement.

Unfortunately I'm keeping expectations super low what with Nomura being attached to the project and all.

Jaymageck

So will this be directed by Nomura for 7 years and then passed on to another guy when he fails to deliver a game?

I'm pretty hyped, but the potential for catastrophe here is unparalleled.

They MUST get Uematsu on board for this.

RPGCrazied

Said I would wear a cloud avatar for the foreseeable future. Don't know if I will stick with this one, but its going to be cloud. Man, so excited.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can't wait to see Tifa in glorious PS4 graphics!

Seeing as how they are obviously going by the Compilation setting, i wanna see more Cloti in this game than ever before ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom