• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_castle

Really, really hope they keep the ATB turn-based battle system. We have enough Action RPGs coming from SE in near future, turn-based needs some love too. Just add in more materia, more weapons, armors, accessories, more customization, more side quests, Golden Saucer minigames, dungeons and secret bosses, new translation (on/off VA), balancing/bug fixes, new visuals and remastered soundtrack.

t-storm

I hear you, but they also reference a star in the sky in past tense I think. That can be from only one time period.
Dude, it's just an early, real early trailer. As we've seen from SE's track record, things in trailers get changed significantly or scrapped altogether *cough*Stella*cough*

Don't read into anything.

I think if they stuck to pre-rendered backgrounds and higher fidelity models, and redid the cutscenes this whole project is very feasible for late 2016.

If they try to do it as a real time 3d camera game.... maybe never.

Slaythe

Really, really hope they keep the ATB turn-based battle system. We have enough Action RPGs coming from SE in near future, turn-based needs some love too. Just add in more materia, more weapons, armors, accessories, more customization, more side quests, Golden Saucer minigames, dungeons and secret bosses, new translation (on/off VA), balancing/bug fixes, new visuals and remastered soundtrack.

No chance.

Neff

HE KNEW

jDnXPBB.jpg

Of course he did

Remember that thing which happened with Cait Sith at the Temple of the Ancients to totally disarm you for the thing that happened shortly after with Aeris at the Forgotten City?

That's what the FFVII PC port blue balls reveal was.

Shame the leak spent S-E's wad before they had the chance to 100% blow it, but hey, it was still a pretty cool announcement.

Dice//

Banned
Anyone wanna make a topic that quotes all the people who said it "wouldn't happen". The Guardians of the Galaxy version of that had me laughing

tbh, this trailer felt more like the Versus stuff than any of the FFXV we've seen since TGS.

Proooooobably because there's the high chance Nomura put together this trailer himself? Like how he used to handle the Versus XIII trailers and the 2013 XV trailer? Which, gee, I wonder why he was taken off of FFXV for? Hmmmmmmm.

Mat-triX

While i'm glad it exists, I feel it would have been better to show this when there was more to see. Cause honestly, when do you expect to play this? I doubt 2016 (FFXV needs it's time) and honestly I feel 2017 might be wishful thinking as well. Square is currently trying to play catch up with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3, and Namora should be busy with KH3.

We wont see this game for awhile.

anaron

I'm dying at anyone thinking they won't change the gameplay

by going with AC's aesthetic that's already a huge departure

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
You've seriously never heard of Final Fantasy VII? Its the entire reason the series is popular in the western world.

lol no sorry. Well but of course I have heard of Final Fantasy franchise. And I know there are a lot of games. Like 12-15 I think. But never played or even saw a gameplay of it. So I am totally unaware of the thing in that sense. But yeah I guess it is pretty popular. I take that from the reaction haha

Nesther

Proooooobably because there's the high chance Nomura put together this trailer himself? Like how he used to handle the Versus XIII trailers and the 2013 XV trailer? Which, gee, I wonder why he was taken off of FFXV for? Hmmmmmmm.

Nah, this basically confirmed that he got a promotion. Remaking VII is the highest honor.

Biker19

Banned
I'll be honest- until Adam Boyes actually confirmed that it was a remake after the trailer was over, I still wasn't sure. It looked NOTHING like FF7 ... which I expect of course, but it doesn't look like a coat of paint type remake- it looked like a new game type remake. Not sure how I feel about it now, but I'm excited to find out more.

How in the hell did Sony not secure exclusivity on it though? SE fucking loves MS for some reason, even though XB owners don't show them any love back.

They "love" Microsoft? LOL...

Heck, they're getting ready for PS4 to be the defacto machine for their games...

"Actually, not limited to just X/X-2, we're currently thinking of setting [a way] to have other past Final Fantasy titles playable on the PlayStation 4," said Hashimoto. "Most of our Final Fantasy assets go up until the PS3, while most of the world has rapidly been shifting towards the PS4."

Star Ocean 5 should've been the first clue, as it's coming to PS3 & PS4, but not to Xbox One. Xbox One owners haven't even bought Type-0 HD.

Final Fantasy XV will most likely be the last title that Xbox One will be receiving from Square, & then they're going to fully go PS4/PC.

Astral Dog

Final Fantasy VII will be the new Versus XIII, long development, delays, off screen footage, private events,
coming to PS5
but at least its finally coming.

Sakura

Sorry, you will no longer be able to change Cloud to Billy and Aerith to PamelaA, fanboys. Deal with it, ;)

They're going to call him Cloud. It's stupid and awkward to have an entire game with voice acting where no one says the main character's name.

(・_・)
I'm just saying the existence of voice acting doesn't necessarily preclude the ability to rename the protagonist.
You could even rename the protagonist in FFXII, and I'm pretty sure the characters said his name in that game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Now that GAF has been Ressurected..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ahem. I'm excited.

So, here are my hopes:

1. Make Yuffie and Vincent mandatory characters. They are a big enough part of the franchise for it now, and are beloved favorites.

2. FULL VOICE ACTING. This cannot be stated enough.

3. FULL 100% orchestrated music, and do not let ANYONE but Uematsu handle it. Pay him whatever he wants.

4. Make no changes to the story. Add in a couple sidequests if you like, but that's it. Everything else must be kept the same. And yes, that means
Aeris has to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom