• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched it three times now; I think what they're showing is supposed to be the beginning of the game. you see flowers wilting because Shinra has just started sucking the mako out of the earth yada yada.
They'll probably give a little backstory starting from the end of Crisis Core. That final shot of Cloud walking by the train tracks is probably that.

I think the narrator is moreso talking to the audience than setting up a timeframe for the game, "we remember," "at last the promise has been made," and all that shit.

I hear you, but they also reference a star in the sky in past tense I think. That can be from only one time period.

Pac3y

4am in the UK and I'm still in shock, cried multiple times and watched the trailer continuously... Life fucking complete.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Did they fucking show TLG, Shenmue 3 and FF7 remake all in one show?

this is some fan fiction shit

SparkTR

When that's the case they usually say "console exclusive". "First on PS4" usually means other consoles (ie XB1)

'Console exclusive' usually means it's launching near simultaneously on PC and PS4. 'First on PS4' could mean anything. If Sony are putting lots of money into this a XBO version probably won't happen.

DOWN

Banned
HE KNEW

jDnXPBB.jpg
Makes it okay now tbh

Cool news and all, but I'm already nitpicking the inconsistencies with the original just like I knew I would. Cloud has that stupid sword from the Compilation instead of the original (Busted-ass) Buster Sword. No idea what's going on with Barret's gun-arm, either.

I guess I'm not the only one who expected this to be a sequel with the way the narrator was talking and that road sign that seemed to indicate Edge was already around when it wasn't introduced until Advent Children.

Anyone notice the billboard with Aya Brea and the word Valentina? I guess that's replacing the My Bloody Valentine billboard's from FFVII. That could be good news though. If the play doesn't exist in this game then we won't have to ever hear Genesis quote from it either. Fingers crossed.

This made me quite emotional, that doesn't happen often with reveals. As it did with many others, the original hit me like a train at that time in my life it was released. Just nothing else like it before. Remake probably isn't gonna be out for quite awhile though :/

artsi

For once I'm glad I'm without a 9-5 job right now and was able to witness this live.
If I only woke up and saw this thread @ GAF it would have been so disappointing compared to that emotional rollercoaster.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The compilation made it clear Square didn't understand why FF7 was good

Which is why I'm still apprehensive about this remake
But there were lotsa good things introduced ya know? It wouldn't make sense to toss Genesis in there cause he's "dead" and Cloud was out cold whenever he was around so he'd never know about it anyway.

Would Cissnei as an optional party member after Aeris kicks it be the worst thing ever? Would a note ya may not even find in Shinra HQ hinting about Deepground be the worst? Would optionally being able to visit the Wutai Castle/Ruins of Banora/etc. be horrid?

Sheroking

I marked out like a 7 year old girl and I don't give a shit.

If the rumors weren't out there before hand, I think I would have had a heart attack. Biggest E3 moment for me, personally, since Twilight Princess in 04.

Paltheos

Holy fuck. I can't believe it's really happening. I got so crazy hype during the conference I squealed in my chair. I haven't gotten that hype for a gaming announcement since Sonic was announced for Brawl.

It's really happening. They said they wouldn't. They said they couldn't. But here they are. Here we are. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!

Alisha Airscape

Neo Member
What a time to be alive. What a show. What an E3.
I'm reconsidering my stance on having children just so I may one day have grandchildren to tell about this day.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm excited as hell for this, but no way this game comes out before 2020 at the earliest. This will be a late stage game for these consoles for sure.

Based on whats been happening with FF titles, the game doesn't need to be money hatted for Sony to win. The know the vast majority will get it for PS4 and if the exclusivity is even 6 months, other versions will be damn near nothing and Sony knows this.

This game comes out, most people are not waiting longer for it to come out on systems besides PS4.

Kumo

My god, that was one of the most surreal moments of my gaming life. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on screen. I need to lie down for a bit.

Seik

Banned
I feel so fulfilled and happy, wow!

This is really something that is going to exist.

I can't express how happy I am right now guys. :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom