• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mar 2, 2008
twitter.com
I wonder if the trailer was just made after the awful backlash the PC port got a few months ago, and they actually have not done any other work besides what was shown today.

Feb 7, 2012
not to rain on anyones parade...but these character designs look terrible...there seems to be zero stylization

vas_a_morir

Banned
Jul 4, 2006
I've always felt this:

FF7's 1st disc length should have been just in midgar.
2nd disc length should have been a more fleshed-out world.
3rd disc length should have been everything after you know who, ending when they make it to the crater.

Most of the 2nd disc was time-wasting nonsense thrown together like a fanfic to artificially lengthen the game. Just awful. Cut that shit, please.

Please, don't get rid of the world map. Please.

Swamped

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
California
I am not big on FF7, but I am really happy for the fans. If it ever comes to PC, I will give it a try for sure.

Hopefully we FF6 fans can have a remake too, someday.
THAT'S what I really want to see. Although, somehow, I never got around to playing FF7 so I'm actually really excited about this remake!

Neku89

Nov 12, 2013
Italy
I hope that it won't be the next "Versus XIII", aka announced today and to be released in 2025. Square is working on FFVII:R, FFXV and KH3 at the same time, that's brutal!

MaxwellGT2000

Sep 26, 2008
Georgia
The only things that can top this is Chrono Trigger full remake on home consoles, Earthbound 1-3 remade on home consoles, or *weep* Itoi coming back for Mother 4.

E3 2015, the year shit got real

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jul 26, 2014
America
PS4 first means PC down the line, i dont expect an XB1 port. Still, this is a large grab for Sony

HiroTSK5

Jul 6, 2014
Am I the only one who watched that trailer and thought they were making a real sequel to FF7, the language in that trailer was a little misleading.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Feb 27, 2007
Can't even imagine the amount of content that will need to be cut to get this game into a manageable size. 2017 at the earliest (coinciding with the 20th Anniversary.)

TheXbox

Aug 26, 2012
Stunning announcement for sure, but this is years away. Nomura isn't even close to being done with Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.