• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
thepowercompelss9ocg.gif

What is this?

Hopefully they keep the materia system and turn based action.
Also, hopefully they get cloud's personality right. Not advent children sad cloud but ff7 badass cloud.

So is everyone going to be bummed when it turns out it's a scene-for-scene remake with higher fidelity assets or is that exactly what people want? The fact that they're finally making it is exciting, but that CG teaser really makes me wish it was a fully realized 3d world to explore. Can you imagine? Basically it'd be nice if they spent the budget of XV on remakes of old FF games that I personally like. Sounds reasonable to me! lol

Personally I WANT it to be a scene for scene remake with higher fidelity assets. Mainly because that's the only way this game would come out in my lifetime.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Do we know if it was in-engine or Visual Works CG?

I'm still asking myself if all is real lmao can't believe it.

Of the three crazy announcements this was the most impressive. I lost my shit when Nomura was shown as the director. I thought that guy was disgraced and ready to leave SE. Please god let this be good.

Turin

Banned
Compilation was a mistake and should be treated like it never happened.

I wonder where Genesis will join the party.

1twq4je.gif

The best part about all of this is that I'm pretty sure the PS Experience announcement was 100% intentional trolling now.

Kinda adds a whole new layer to the Hashimoto gif, when you think about it.

Wow. Your right. Makes the troll even better.

I actually teared up. MS came in hard this morning, and I thought to myself Sony's gonna have to bring FF7 or something. I can't believe they actually did that and Shemnue III plus Last Guardian.

Aswell

I was there.
Can't believe all these rumours (FFVII remake, Shenmue III, ...) actually came true. It's the middle of the night, it's insane, I even don't know if I'm just dreaming or if this is real life.
* goes back to sleep, it's 5am... *

Artanisix

"Hopefully they keep the materia system and turn based action."

I can't see them scrapping the materia system -- it is fundamental to the game.

I can, however, see them scrapping the turn-based action for something else and I really fucking hope they don't.

Darknight

So was the PC port announcement just a troll? Did the remake exist when they announced that?

Im guessing it was a troll announcement. Sony and SE at its finest.

It was slated for spring this year and gamers were wondering wtf was going on already. I'd buy it but im guessing its not happening.

Ōkami

Seeing how Nomura is directing this and KH3 I guess we can expect for both to be years away.

Let the man be done with one game before directing another.

Hunter S.

Final fantasy 13 and 13-2 made me lose hope in FF. FF15 has girly characters and looks corny.

Final Fantasy 7 remake makes my fandom of FF alive again.

So good!

Soulkay

Neo Member
Square-Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by making uninspired remakes. If you screw with the fans in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the FFVII remake for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square-Enix's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel the FFVII remake or you can kiss your business goodbye.
lol
Check any Jap Gaming forum, they are as thrilled as we are if not much.
But I guess your post was a joke ? Right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom