• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hype I felt seeing this with my fellow gamers in the Movie theatres was fucking amazing. I couldn;t believe. I'm still freaking out that its actually happening. THANK YOU GOD

wmlk

Repost :D

Also, one key thing to note. They are using pre-FFVII Compilation Buster Sword design.

This is the Compilation Buster Sword design:

552794183566E0000D

And this is the original Buster Sword design, before the Compilation:

5527941A3578000002

This design is being used in Dissidia.

So, they're staying more faithful to the original designs for the remake and seem to be pushing aside the Compilation, at least for this.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Please let us...
Keep the Miss Cloud costume and be able to change into it at any time ^.^
And the Cloud Shinra MP one.
Plus everyones Sailor Suits (including making Red stand on 2 legs in battle lol).
Let's not forget Tifa / Aeris's Corneo infiltration outfits!
And young Tifa's cowgirl outfit.
Vincent's Turks outfit is a must.
And any other I may have missed!

Hopefully we get some details tomorrow. This is inevitably going to be a massive disappointment for a lot of people depending on what direction they go with it.

Not expecting details for a while which is why I'm mostly lukewarm about the whole thing. It's not representative of my feelings about this happening but rather the trend of show but don't tell that happens too much in the industry.

Fireye

So why would Squenix announce the crappy PS4 port of the PC port of the PS1 original last year, when they were working on a fully fledged remake?

Bad planning probably. And the PC-->PS4 port can tide people over until Remake is out.

LowParry

Trailer voiceover is explicitly saying it's set after FF7. But text says remake. Hmm.

Hardly. The wording is more reminiscence of the past of what fans have been hoping for. Wishful thinking. It's a full remake.

"For they are coming back.
At last. The promise has been made."

This was what won E3 for Sony for me I played 7 for hours and hours still do every now and again on my vita.

Sucks that there won't be an Xbox version tho
Was probably gonna get it for the ps4 just cuz I played it so much on the ps1

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It means I don't know for certain. Everyone who talked about it to me only mentioned PS4.

Unlikely.

I think it's more like Tomb Raider, just with a less sloppy message.

But i don't expect them to announce any other platform than PS4 until the exclusivity window ends

Nameless

Yes! The Cloud - Vincent - Tifa party of doom shall finally rise again. Should be a pretty game assuming it's using the FFXV engine.

Kyoufu

do you know/can you say if this kicked off after the huge negative reaction to the PC port reveal last year? Or was it already in progress?

This has been planned since at least the beginning of 2014 AFAIK.

This didn't happen because of the reaction at PSX.

Yazuka

Please let us...
Keep the Miss Cloud costume and be able to change into it at any time ^.^
And the Cloud Shinra MP one.
Plus everyones Sailor Suits (including making Red stand on 2 legs in battle lol).
Let's not forget Tifa / Aeris's Corneo infiltration outfits!
And young Tifa's cowgirl outfit.
Vincent's Turks outfit is a must.
And any other I may have missed!
It would be a nice touch to the game if the added costumes to wear.

artsi

This messed me up so bad I realized only now that there was no Persona 5.

And it was the game I waited the most from this conference. Not even mad after this.

I still cannot believe this is happening!!! I practically lost it when the trailer started; I'm so excited for this!!! I can't wait to see more of what it looks like. It's been such a crazy night, and I'm completely loving this E3 so far :)

It's time for real talk.

Most people love this game because Sony bankrolled the advertising budget, and it was thrust down people's throats who had little to know rpg experience. Pre-rendered backgrounds, CG cinema scenes, including the nonsensical ending (i'm looking at you life stream) a good game do not make. There were and have been better JRPG's (Suikoden 1 and 2) including within the Final Fantasy franchise (VI) that would benefit from a remake. Unless this is being rewritten from the ground up I fail to see how this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom