• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

So the big one was not limit gauge after all. I still think it's ATB.

3p45lm7.jpg

Ohhh, maybe not versus XIII after all?

Bousf

LOOKING FINE!!

It looks uber early but that is predictable, this game will hit 2018 if even lol

Glad to see the game is shaping up just fine, DAT VERSUS VIBE *0*

Gnomist

Adam Prime said:
I'm just going to put this out here: I think the realistic graphics looks fucking DUMB.

They look about the same as they did in the battle scenes (aside from the fidelity). Ridiculously oversized and impractical weapons, a talking animal, and giant teddy bear thing with a cat on top. It looked like anime silliness then and it does so now. I'm far from a big anime fan myself, but isn't that part of what made 7 what it was? Increasing the production values shouldn't mean they can't keep their same over-the-top aspects.

Looks like you can only do so many attacks before the bar next to the character name turns red. To me it looks like a mix of XIII and KH.

OMG looks amazing....

:)

...but those Barret glasses....

:(

...but those graphics!!...

...but that AC Cloud...

:(

...but that combat system!!

...but is real-time....

:/

I'm so conflicted.

duckroll

So the big one was not limit gauge after all. I still think it's ATB.

3p45lm7.jpg

In the trailer the bar increases a little each time Cloud hits an enemy with an attack. Probably a variation of the Command Bar system introduced in Birth by Sleep? Basically a charge bar which builds as you use normal attacks and when it's full you either advance into a new combat style form or you execute a finisher.

No matter how cool this trailer was (and it was cool...) This is still 1% of the game :( We're not getting this game for a long long long long long time, and that makes me sad.

I'm almost a little afraid that they are going full 3D with it, because FF7 really was a fuckin massive world, and all the areas they're going to have to render and all the people and side things to explore. This game is going to take forever for them to finish if ever.

Square's A-Team is working on this, and Xenoblade X I think proves that a massive, beautiful open world is possible, and they had far less resources than Squeenix.

I think this could be something seriously amazing.

convo

Looks like a bunch of other "cinematic" games out these days. I think people see the Final Fantasy VII name lose all sense of objectivity.

I will take this over old PS1 version nonetheless, don't know how i am compelled to dislike this when i can take a better looking game to experience the plot of FF7 for the first time than the terribly translated other outdated version. You could also consider them different games entirely then, and argue to me that the original is more worthwhile but i am not interested as it stands.

Drake

Is anyone else surprised how far along they are. I mean I thought they were in the preliminary stages. That they can even show us some combat at this point is pretty impressive.

artsi

In the trailer the bar increases a little each time Cloud hits an enemy with an attack. Probably a variation of the Command Bar system introduced in Birth by Sleep? Basically a charge bar which builds as you use normal attacks and when it's full you either advance into a new combat style form or you execute a finisher.

Yeah I guess so. I first thought it could be "inverse ATB", you can hit until it's full and goes red (to cooldown).

I know ATB doesn't mean that, but I can't say it better.

Deadly

What's most intriguing is whether we can play any character at any time or if they will be limited to selected segments of the game. Hopefully the former. Playing as ninja Yuffie will be awesome.

I hope the English voiceover is placeholder...It didn't seem great. Hopefully PC version gets both languages.

Juraash

This is really what I was hoping the remake would be. It looks like a wonderful mix of old and new. The characters look great, the combat shows a lot of promise and things are super familiar without feeling like a rehash.

Ever since the cast of 7 has had voices, I've preferred the Japanese actors. I'd really prefer if this had the option for the Japanese cast. That said, the English VA wasn't terrible and the Wedge dialogue was suitable dorky.

I'm very, very happy with what they showed today.

NateDrake

It's this. You see the bar full at one point and Cloud does a bigger attack at that time.

RedSwirl

HUD leads me to think the combat system is still command-based. Like the player is just selecting "attack" from the menu sort of similar to FFXIII.

Wedge's voice was annoying, so essentially the character was perfect.
Cloud's voice was spot on too. Was that the same VA as from advent children?

I'm pretty sure it was. Though he usually does a deeper voice for Cloud.

The VA in the trailer was miles ahead from their FFXV stuff. So fingers crossed it's not the same guys doing it.

Falk

that puzzling face
What was the date when FF7's combat became terrible?

To be quite honest, I thought it had aged poorly. 100% cheevo'd the Steam version.

And just for a yardstick comparison w.r.t. my opinion on things, also 100% cheevo'd Grandia 2 when the Steam version released and THAT one aged really well, OP final moves aside.

Yazuka

I've never been a fan of FF7 to be honest. But this trailer looks fantastic!
I like the combat and everything else looked great too! I'm actually hyped for this.

Nightmare

Neo Member

Yes you're right. I didn't realise that. I looked at the trailer again and there's an instance (at 1:14) in which the gauge decreases.

Top Bottom