• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

that bar by their names seems to fill up when they attack.(or it fills up regardless because all we see is them attacking) It isn't the limit break bar since that's on the right, only other thing I can think of is the ATB bar.

We've only seen like five seconds of combat, but I'd hope that the system they eventually make (the game is clearly very early in development so all of this shit can change) is a sort of halfway point between XV and the original VII system.

I didn't want to play the exact same game, I wanted to play an updated version of the game with new and interesting ways to shake up the turn based mechanics. I didn't want another fucking action RPG.

But whatever. I guess I should just accept that modern AAA gaming has left me behind.

Well, if you want a turn-based RPG with big production values, Dragon Quest XI and Persona 5 are coming.

I mean, I love turn-based combat (if done right, of course), but I'm not opposed to RPGs that don't have it.

People get excited to easily.
I've wanted this remake forever but I'm not liking some of the changes.
Also how are they gonna do Barrets swearing?
He talks now

You can swear in video games.

Fucking Versus Returns.

I cannot fucking wait to play the
Barret vs Dyne
fight.

Barret looks amazing in those glasses and his voice reminds me of Jet Black.

I love it.

Uthred

That defend command makes it seem like it might not go full Kingdom Hearts? Maybe just a super-flashy & really fast-paced ATB of sorts with possible AI controlled companions when you aren't in control yourself? So a kind of mix of FFXII & FFXIII?

Hopefully that is indeed what the menu implies

Joey Ravn

Banned
have square ever realeased a game day 1 on pc?

Uh, yeah. The latest is Just Cause 3 on December 1 on all three platforms.

Unless you mean "Final Fantasy", in which case not. But then again, it took them more than 1 year to bring the PC remaster to PS4, so...

muteki

That battle display and various details is going to change at least 10 times between now and launch, not sure if it is worth dissecting already lol.

Jarmel

Banned
It's clear they're going for FF15 although they'll probably tweak it. It's not turn-based.

The UI is almost certainly a placeholder at this point.

Tsunamo

Totally okay with it feeling like Nomuras Versus, looked amazing.

Now when it releases is another question entirely.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nomura is basically taking all his Versus 13 ideas and putting them into this game, which is great and just what i wanted to see.

Shepard

But is it actually action based or just really flashy ATB system (like FFXIII)?

What is that gauge?

And why would there be a DEFEND command instead of a button, if it was completely action?

iaiyJxN.jpg
Now that you pointed out the DEFEND command I'm a lot less concerned.. No point in using it if it was a full action kinda game (like KH), right? Hype rising.

rubius01

I would tap those breaks on the hype train. Nomura can make some badass hype trailers, but I'm gonna wait until I see much more than a few seconds of alpha gameplay and some cutscenes.

Sanctuary

Not to mention an Attack command. If it's just action based that wouldn't be a menu option.

HMMMMMM

Because it's going to be the command you would use in place of "mash X" on trivial fights. Instead of mashing X, you select attack and it keeps auto attacking until you select something else or everything is dead?
Anyway, it's pretty at least. Enjoy it before the "optimization" kicks in.

Top Bottom