• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

I really love how the design still has some of the anime styling the original game has! Like how big Cloud's eyes are at the end. This is not just Advent Children, it really is a remake of VII :)

ravn0s

Disappointed that it looks to be action based but it still looks great though. I like the updated bombing mission music.

benzy

ffvii-1e5lnt.gif

I'm and literally that crying guy they showed at the start of the show! They'll be using my reaction video next time.

Gameplay looks similar to ffxv though, and in a good way :) love the combat style, and how similar the environments look to the original.

J-Skee

Square has come full circle. From the original troll announcement last year's PSX, to the remake announcement at E3 this year, to gameplay footage of the remake at this year's PSX with the PC port available now. All of that had to be on purpose.

Gbraga

Versus XIII/XV with a VII skin...not too surprised honestly. But how much of that was actual gameplay and not target pre-rendered versions of "gameplay"...?

Also random XII hate boners in here makes me sad.

Shit ran at like 15fps, if it was pre-rendered, it would be better.

Astral Dog

Versus XIII/XV with a VII skin...not too surprised honestly. But how much of that was actual gameplay and not target pre-rendered versions of "gameplay"...?

Also random XII hate boners in here makes me sad.
They are using UE4 and it appears far along than most expected.

Famassu

That defend command makes it seem like it might not go full Kingdom Hearts? Maybe just a super-flashy & really fast-paced ATB of sorts with possible AI controlled companions when you aren't in control yourself? So a kind of mix of FFXII & FFXIII?

Rarijack

Banned
Looks amazing! I do admit to being a little apprehensive about the battle system change. Not that I have an issue with it in any other RPG, it does look quite good but I wonder if playing this without the traditional ATB in FFVII will come as a shock and leave people disappointed. Everything else looks fantastic!

Negator

Square-Enix want to make a game that'll sell to people who haven't played Final Fantasy VII - or any Final Fantasy before. Otherwise they couldn't justify investing so much money in this. If you want to play the same game you played previously on PS4, you can right now.

I didn't want to play the exact same game, I wanted to play an updated version of the game with new and interesting ways to shake up the turn based mechanics. I didn't want another fucking action RPG.

But whatever. I guess I should just accept that modern AAA gaming has left me behind.

Brokun

Looks like a real-time system with a command menu. Who the hell knows what's going on lol. Is that a limit break gauge or ATB bar below their names??

UtA552.png

ElFly

Ugh they adopted the lame tortured Cloud image from advent children.

Think I will stick to popeye arms FF7, thank you very much.

It's been a while since I've really been into RPGs(PS2 days) but between this and FFXV, I think Square may be making a comeback that will bring me back on board.

So many nostalgic feelings watching this. One of the biggest games of my childhood.

BizzyBum

I did not realize they were switching from turn based combat to action RPG, so now I'm definitely all in on this.

JackelZXA

I like that, at least this part of the game, cloud's still cool guy and not mopey. It feels like they're keeping what made him cool initially. "I don't care I just want money" kind of attitude.

peronmls

Yes!!!! Command Menu like kingdom hearts!! I have always wanted to play this game but really disliked the turn base. I am so excited to finally play this!

Looks like we'll be able to control our party members unlike FFXV. Very glad to see that.

The animations and skills look beautiful.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well this is what happens when you don't waste years on creating tech that goes nowhere and creating endless art assets with no direction.

People get excited to easily.
I've wanted this remake forever but I'm not liking some of the changes.
Also how are they gonna do Barrets swearing?
He talks now

Zaverious

Looks like a real-time system with a command menu. Who the hell knows what's going on lol. Is that a limit break gauge or ATB bar below their names??

UtA552.png

I think that's to show who is the currently selected character. There is a separate bar for Limit on the right ofthe MP Bar.

Edit: Actually nevermind.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully "console debut" means PC gets a release near the same time.

Krabboss

The graphics and voice acting definitely seem preeeetty unfinished.

The only thing that's a bit strange with the higher fidelity is all those soldiers shooting at Cloud point blank and missing him. The bullets also look like fireworks.

Top Bottom