• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Special DLC Summons

Pejo

Gold Member
This reminds me of when I was a fool and bought the "Ultimate Collector's" edition of FFXV for ~300 dollars, which did not come with ANY of the DLC. SE is really bad with their DLC policies.

Ar¢tos

Pre-order dlc for 1/3 of a game?
I guess I won't be surprised when they announce the MTXs and loot boxes.

EDMIX

No, just no. DLCs for a game that should be complete and was already parted into at least 2 games (or 3), no way. Really really bad move SquareEnix.

Can't wait till you got to Golden Saucer in part 2 or 3 and have to pay real money for the attractions. :(

I really have nothing against DLCs, but FF 7 is a game about exploring and getting the last secret out of the game. If there are extra summons, they should be in the game and be available by doing some "secret" quest that is not directly presented to the player or something like that.

Nah. I disagree.

It should be made with great quality and sold at a price that makes sense to its scope and size. This isn't 1997, the game was made 23 years ago. So acting as if releasing such a thing on current hardware, to current standards would be done in 1 release is silly if you consider this is the first time ANY JRPG to this scope and scale has EVER been remade to fit the current quality of titles. FFVII had something crazy like 15 towns.

So understand that this isn't some copy paste. To take something from 1997 and try to make it with the quality expected in 2020 is not going to be an easy job, its why we've never seen any remake from a title like this.

The fact that its 100GB and its not even the whole fucking game very much shows you the team isn't just copying and pasting and siting back collecting a check or something. I think its wise to make this game in parts as the development of something like this is completely unprecedented.

If you want to wait til its all done, in 1 nice package.....sure. Have fun. No one is forcing you to buy it right now. What is even the difference to you? You wait regardless.

So lets say they finish this 2025.

You buy some collection or it used or something that year.

You get to play the final game in 2025.

Lets say they don't release it in parts and everyone at once plays it in 2025

You get to play the final game in 2025.....

Sooooooo whats the point of getting mad someone else is playing it before you? The team is also playing it before all of us. They need to recoup funds for development and I think this makes sense for a title like this as its in parts anyway.

In terms of the DLC. I see nothing that suggest it won't be some free thing for all down the line anyway.

This kind of makes me think of the mini moogle, chocobo and moomba summons from FFVIII. I played through the game many times but never got to see them and it always bugged me. These 3 summons were tied to a pocket station game in order to get them.

DaMonsta

DLC summons?

That sucks. What happened to finding them as secrets in the game. That kinda stuff is what always made the FF franchise special to me.

Hope they didn’t just turn it into the next “cinematic action” game.

Last edited:

royox

(though isn't Carbuncle a FFXV summon?)

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO BY A MILE.

Carbuncle was in 5,6,8,9,11, 12, 13 and 14 before XV.

Don't you even dare to talk shit about my bro in 14.
a0864c8a62feb71fe786be9186d729f1f9927754_1.jpg

Allandor

Nah. I disagree.

It should be made with great quality and sold at a price that makes sense to its scope and size. This isn't 1997, the game was made 23 years ago. So acting as if releasing such a thing on current hardware, to current standards would be done in 1 release is silly if you consider this is the first time ANY JRPG to this scope and scale has EVER been remade to fit the current quality of titles. FFVII had something crazy like 15 towns.

So understand that this isn't some copy paste. To take something from 1997 and try to make it with the quality expected in 2020 is not going to be an easy job, its why we've never seen any remake from a title like this.

The fact that its 100GB and its not even the whole fucking game very much shows you the team isn't just copying and pasting and siting back collecting a check or something. I think its wise to make this game in parts as the development of something like this is completely unprecedented.

Sooooooo whats the point of getting mad someone else is playing it before you? The team is also playing it before all of us. They need to recoup funds for development and I think this makes sense for a title like this as its in parts anyway.

In terms of the DLC. I see nothing that suggest it won't be some free thing for all down the line anyway.

??? what has this all to do with the thing that they include Summons on start with DLCs if you preorder?

The game might get good, but Midgar is just a really tiny section of the whole original game. If the player spends so much time in midgar, what about the world-map and all the other things to do in the original FF VII. I really don't think they have a plan how to recreate that part (is just my opinion).

And yes I don't preorder the game and wait until it really is complete before I even consider to buy it.

And my wohle point is, FF VII was about finding things, not to buy them with real money and have them. DLCs like this should not exist for any game. Adding new sidequests that don't explain the main-story are totally ok. But things like that just have a bad taste, after the whole FF XV fiasco (story not included in base game ... well actually not even with DLCs).

Btw, nice graphics != quality. This will not the remaster fans asked for so long, but a new try to tell the "same" story and sell the game to a different audience.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

without watching the vids looks like some throwaway stuff. I'll just ignore this like all their other spoilery trailers

7roject28

I don't see how they can take something out of what was in the original game and make you pay extra for it. I'm thinking it's just pre-order bonuses to use early in game and they're findable later in the game. But I got the First Class Edition on pre-order because I want the figure.

Ar¢tos

Nah. I disagree.

If you want to wait til its all done, in 1 nice package.....sure. Have fun. No one is forcing you to buy it right now. What is even the difference to you? You wait regardless.

So lets say they finish this 2025.

You buy some collection or it used or something that year.

You get to play the final game in 2025.

Lets say they don't release it in parts and everyone at once plays it in 2025

You get to play the final game in 2025.....

Finish by 2025... You are funny!
They are going to milk this to the last drop.
FFXV showed us that Square can't make a decent coherent game no matter how much they try, so they need to milk FF7 for the next 20 years.

Chocobo Ranch and Cactuar Island will be their own 2-3 discs episodes, chocobo racing and Gold saucer will be expanded in spin-off games (they will basically print money for Square in MTXs)(by removing chocobo racing from gold saucer and turning it into a Mario kart clone they will triple the MTXs income).
Maybe in 10 more main entries and about 17 spin offs they will complete the Ff7 remake project, then they will move to Ff8 or 9, but I think we will have a stand alone Triple Triad or Tetra Master before that. The monetization possibilities in those card games are too tempting to wait for ff8 or ff9 remakes to start.

Lanrutcon

All this tells me is that I'll be playing this in 2026 when they actually release the Actually The Full Game Edition.

Pallas

Thank god it's 3 of the worst ones (though isn't Carbuncle a FFXV summon?) and not Behmaut or Knights of the Round
Nah, Carbuncle has been in several past FF’s iirc and his ability is usually Ruby Light. Which casts reflect on all party members. He or she is typically always acquired early in the game.

It’s not like Knights of the Round is even going to be in this game. I don’t remember, is Bahamut even available in the Midgar section of the game?
I think all 3 bahamuts that you can summon are after Midgar(I am pretty sure the last two are anyway)

What is this ResetEra? Imagine bitching about two minor dlc that are not even required. For the first time I agree, the design choice is a bit awkward, but to make a big deal over optional dlc is ridiculous, like every fucking complaint about this game.

Gp1

Not amused. I will wait for after the Complete versions of FFVII remake comes out. I waited all these years, I can wait a little longer.

Windows edition here i come...

And i will mod the shit out of this game to include even pikachu as summon

Last edited:
Top Bottom