• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's better to use vortex adv for xp if you're leveling a team. Cactuar is good if you only need to level one hero.

Btw, is there a point in leveling up characters that don't evolve past 3*? I think I'm wasting my time leveling up my other characters that can't awaken to 4*+.

Outside of selling them for Gil and getting Trust Master rewards...

Not really but they can be useful in certain circumstances. Especially if you currently dont have a full team of 4* plus units

leehom

Cactuar vortex gives more exp on average than exp vortex. Exp vortex is a steady 30k exp while cactuars is 30k guaranteed and the chance to get up to 90k.

I haven't bothered with pulling FP characters and have never really bothered with using/leveling them.

Yea, I got two big ones on the adv pull. That's 60k.

But, isn't the 30k from vortex for each character? Or is it 30k total / 5 = 6k each?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Couldnt wait any longer... did 2 pulls and got Rydia as well as Edgar. Quite happy with them. Was a bit bummed that they were only 3 star versions.... but then I saw that they need different Awoken Materials than Cecil so I will be able to get them both to 4* thanks to the exp stage.

I need to find a Gun for Edgar though.

forgrim

i'm still wondering since there doesn't seem to be too much information what kind of character Cecil is in JP. Is he a buffer/healer? his attack is pretty pitiful.

Alot of japanese translations i've seen say he's the best tank, but does he gain abilities to take hits for his team? so far he's not that great compared to vaan friends just doing 3k hits and stuff.

Visceir

Couldnt wait any longer... did 2 pulls and got Rydia as well as Edgar. Quite happy with them. Was a bit bummed that they were only 3 star versions.... but then I saw that they need different Awoken Materials than Cecil so I will be able to get them both to 4* thanks to the exp stage.

I need to find a Gun for Edgar though.

You can get a 27 atk gun through the earth key quest.

i'm still wondering since there doesn't seem to be too much information what kind of character Cecil is in JP. Is he a buffer/healer? his attack is pretty pitiful.

Alot of japanese translations i've seen say he's the best tank, but does he gain abilities to take hits for his team? so far he's not that great compared to vaan friends just doing 3k hits and stuff.

Cecil is nice for his Cura and his trust reward (120 atk excalibur), his LB is an alright buff too but that's about it. No one really cared much for him (other than his trust reward) until he got 6* version. Don't expect him to be doing damage.

Pejo

I am loving this Cactuar stage already. Got 3 larges in a row on the ADV my second time through it. Took Bartz from 4* level 37 to 5* level 20 already. So glad we have a whole weekend of this. And next week we get to farm Ifrit mats!

Shouta

He's a Tank, Healer and Buffer. Tanking in this game consists of two things, taunting and/or Cover. For taunting, you need to have the skill to draw attention to them which tank characters will get natively or through a Summon/Eidolon. You can also equip it via skill. Cecil doesn't have a native taunt so you need to get it another way. I get it via Golem myself.

What Cecil does have is the best Cover in the game. At 5-stars it's only OK-ish but once he hits 6-stars, he gets Saint Wall at level 100 which ups the activation rate of Cover to 75% and reduces damage taken by 75%. This is automatic so you don't need to waste a turn using it.

He also gains Curaga and has an LB buff (Def, Magic Def, Attack) and Focus (Magic Def and Magic Attack). He basically can act as your healer unless the content deals too much damage for him to keep up. Kind of mirrors his role at certain points in FF4, lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really liking the Cactuar event so far, but I'm already starting to run out of money! I started with about 40,000 gil but each large Cactuar costs 1,000 or so to fuse to any of my 4* guys.

I've seen people say you can level up the random friend draw guys and sell them, is that the best way to make money still?

I'm really liking the Cactuar event so far, but I'm already starting to run out of money! I started with about 40,000 gil but each large Cactuar costs 1,000 or so to fuse to any of my 4* guys.

I've seen people say you can level up the random friend draw guys and sell them, is that the best way to make money still?

Yeah man

Id like to start building my reserves back but Im committed to get as many catcuars as I can this weekend... and THEN amass gil

ALSO PSA
Facebook friends do not have a Limit/Cap on how many you can have. You get all the same benefits that normal friends give but without limit apparently... unless this was patched out

The Facebook list appears to be separate though

Rixa

Youre going to freak out when I tell you that I just used 5 Gigacactuars to Vaan at lvl 61 and it costed 9300 gil. Leveling to max level fp pulls and selling them is the way to go.

TheTux

only 100

Thats 2 daily quests completions for 5 slots

Just dedicate a chunk of like 500-1000 for expanding slots. Trust me its worth it

I spent 1k lapis and have 100 slots. It's irritating to have to spend lapis just to have units.

BTW what should I do with useless one-star units? Should i max their level and sell them?

Edit: probably I'm just new to the mobile F2P model.

Rixa

I spent 1k lapis and have 100 slots. It's irritating to have to spend lapis just to have units.

BTW what should I do with useless one-star units? Should i max their level and sell them?

Edit: probably I'm just new to the mobile F2P model.

Yea, max lvl & sell.

What am I supposed to do in London? Did a few quests, but I still can't proceed in the story

If you've beaten Ifrit, that's the end of the content available right now. Just gather materials and level units until it officially releases.

Which characters have paralyze? I would like to fight the white dragon soon.

I used Rizer. I think there might be some other free units that have a paralyze move. Cyan is probably the best unit so for that has it.

Beat the White Dragon finally this morning using Rizer. That was a great feeling. The thing sure was a bitch to kill.

TimeKillr

Okay so quick Q.

I took advantage of the cactuars and got all my 5*-able characters to level 80.

This mean I have

Lasswell
Rain
Terra
Exdeath
Cloud of Darkness
Duane

At level 80. Which would you guys figure is the best friend loaner? It's currently set as Terra for a few reasons - she has Graviga + Cura, but Exdeath has Graviga + all 3 main -GA spells, so I'm not 100% sure who I should set. Obviously Duane is a no-go, CoD is pretty good but I don't think at 5* she's worth it (apparently she's insane at 6, but can't get there yet).

I also just beat the White Dragon... Figured I'd give it a shot with what I also maxed Edgar and Cyan, but honestly with all my 5* I don't think I even needed them. For 2* Ifrit, though, that's a different story. We'll see once I farm enough mats to get Ifrit to max level anyway.

TheTux

If you've beaten Ifrit, that's the end of the content available right now. Just gather materials and level units until it officially releases.

I used Rizer. I think there might be some other free units that have a paralyze move. Cyan is probably the best unit so for that has it.

Beat the White Dragon finally this morning using Rizer. That was a great feeling. The thing sure was a bitch to kill.

Do you know when it'll launch? When's the beta going to end? Any major changes when that happens?

MicH

I haven't beaten Ifrit. Where do I go to do that?

Do you know when it'll launch? When's the beta going to end? Any major changes when that happens?
I think the game will be at E3, so we should get a release date then if not before that. The second island should be available at launch and I'm not sure what else.
I haven't beaten Ifrit. Where do I go to do that?
In Port City Lodin there should be a person on the far left side of the map that will take you to Ordol Port. There will be a kid there you talk to and you'll be able to travel to the volcano to fight Ifrit.

MicH

I think the game will be at E3, so we should get a release date then if not before that. The second island should be available at launch and I'm not sure what else.

In Port City Lodin there should be a person on the far left side of the map that will take you to Ordol Port. There will be a kid there you talk to and you'll be able to travel to the volcano to fight Ifrit.
I only have a sailor bear a ship who says they're aren't ready yet

leehom

I used a 500 lapis summon and I don't want to use it anymore.

3* Krile when I already have a 4* Krile.........really. All I wanted is Rizer or Cyan for the dragon fight.

I only have a sailor bear a ship who says they're aren't ready yet

I guess you have to talk to someone else to learn about Ifrit first, then the guy will bring you there. Check out this site: http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/ifrit/

I used a 500 lapis summon and I don't want to use it anymore.

3* Krile when I already have a 4* Krile.........really. All I wanted is Rizer or Cyan for the dragon fight.
Rizer is a Friend Point character, so just use those and hope you get him.

MicH

Finally got enough lapis to summon again. Another 3* Fran. That sucks. At least I hot a 3* Wedge from friend Summon! Is there any use for duplicate units?

Pejo

Okay so quick Q.

I took advantage of the cactuars and got all my 5*-able characters to level 80.

This mean I have

Lasswell
Rain
Terra
Exdeath
Cloud of Darkness
Duane

At level 80. Which would you guys figure is the best friend loaner? It's currently set as Terra for a few reasons - she has Graviga + Cura, but Exdeath has Graviga + all 3 main -GA spells, so I'm not 100% sure who I should set. Obviously Duane is a no-go, CoD is pretty good but I don't think at 5* she's worth it (apparently she's insane at 6, but can't get there yet).

I also just beat the White Dragon... Figured I'd give it a shot with what I also maxed Edgar and Cyan, but honestly with all my 5* I don't think I even needed them. For 2* Ifrit, though, that's a different story. We'll see once I farm enough mats to get Ifrit to max level anyway.

I guess CoD is good for Ifrit v2 with the ability to go full fire immune (with ifrit set to her and native 50% elemental boost), so that is probably the most useful for higher end players. Terra is pretty good for lower end players as a versatile healing/raise/dps character though, so that's not bad either.

How did you get all those cactaurs already? Are you using Lapis for refreshes? I'm debating on it, but won't do anything until I see where I'm at on Sunday.

Feep

Banned
I killed the White Dragon, but I'm ashamed to say I used a 100 lapis revive.

I was tired of RNG screwing me, and I was having a good run, only 10% HP left, so I just revived and hammered.

Now to drop the game until Island 2! Wooooo!

leehom

Why did some people say you need 30 red magicite for lev 2 Ifrit? Is it to use the red magicite to enhance him to level 30 (max) to unlock the lev 2 fight?

A3 Colosseum boss. Has sackloads of HP and attacks like crazy (multiple multi-hit actions per turn). Can be put to sleep and can be poisoned...that is how I almost got it down.

I suppose these sorts of bosses are supposed to be tackled with gear a bit better than what you have from the first island...no I don't have Murasamune yet either.

I suppose blinding it is another thing to give a try (especially as they open by doing that to you :( ) but with its huge HP pool it won't be easy to take down and blind is another RNG element really.

On another note... I did manage to friend point draw a pretty cool female dragoon tho:

She can be awakened to just a 3 star, but I don't discriminate. So she can join my B team party anytime :p
I love how her description is acting almost like they were friends with dragons and then her trust mastery is Dragon killer.

Finally got enough lapis to summon again. Another 3* Fran. That sucks. At least I hot a 3* Wedge from friend Summon! Is there any use for duplicate units?
If you upgrade a character using the same character they will gain 5% trust as well as any trust that copy of them earned. So if you have 5 duplicate characters you could get them all to about 16.6% trust and then fuse them together to master trust on one. For friend pulls I don't think it is worth farming trust for them (especially the 1*/2* ones) as you can get so many of them.

Vex_

Banned

YHjfwGt.gif

I was tired of RNG screwing me, and I was having a good run, only 10% HP left, so I just revived and hammered.

Now to drop the game until Island 2! Wooooo!

Dont worry, i had to use 200 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom