• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I kinda don't know what to TM next. Gilgamesh is 1.5% away from mastery and I don't know who to replace him with.

I'd go with Karl. You've got some good weapons and dual wields, you can add that for even more spiciness. Unless Gaffgarion's is better, but I don' think it is (don't have either myself to worry about it). Hayate is solid as well.

Celegus

I need snow

I want his TM

His TM + Kaiser knuckles

Ive heard firion wrecks fools with that combo

Hoping so, cause that's what I'm aiming for. I don't get rainbows, so I need to work on pimping out my 3 stars! So excited for Firion's awakening, he's one of my favorite FF characters ever. Didn't even like FF 2, I just love his design so much.

Whales

Banned
used up my 7 tickets

got my first golbez
my first garnet
my 3rd kefka
4 trash units

got 3 gold crystals but no snow

whyyyyyyyy god damn it

I cant complain too much tho, getting garnet is cool

leehom

Ha, ran into my first tonberry in ffxv. One of them says, hey he's got a knife, the other replies, is it for cooking? Lol

Lyrian

used up my 7 tickets

got my first golbez
my first garnet
my 3rd kefka
4 trash units

got 3 gold crystals but no snow

whyyyyyyyy god damn it

I cant complain too much tho, getting garnet is cool

Anecdotal rates seem to suggest that pulling a Snow/Vanille is about as rare as pulling a Tillith.

Seems the distribution is:

Snow: 3%
Vanille: 3% (1% rainbow + 5% gold) / 2 units = 3%
Sazh: 24%

That leaves an awful wide range for a gold crystal to land off-banner.

/grumbles at someone else pulling a Garnet...

Veggy

Anecdotal rates seem to suggest that pulling a Snow/Vanille is about as rare as pulling a Tillith.

Oh wow, I pulled a Snow about 3-4 days ago but didn't think much of it since I had a well geared Cecil, was just glad I had him for the bonus

Whales

Banned

this makes me sad considering I pulled vanille with yesterdays daily pull

sorry for the garnet lol, why do you want her so much?

This event is horrible .. and burning me out

Easy solution to that one. Skip the event :)

I've just been doing the 200 gear daily which I can get in 2 runs of ELT. Other than that I've stopped running it. I'll get whatever I can with that, which will probably be the remaining 1k and 3k tickets.

Don't they usually start a new event every week? So we should be getting something new this week, which means it should be announced tomorrow?

Lyrian

This one is definitely a slog, and am already feeling the burn as well. 99% sure at this point that I won't grind this for 14 days, unless something really miraculous (ha!) happens for Week 2 to make this better.

Trying to put my finger on what the issue is. I think simply, that the event doesn't feel rewarding, in terms of gears dropped. The bonus spawn is far too rare and drops way too few gears to really move the needle in a meaningful way. Thus, a slog. Also, given that there's not really anything too exciting in the shop (except maybe Winged Saint) to strive for, and the result is a really uninspiring event.

Perception is a funny thing, after all.

Lyrian

Don't they usually start a new event every week? So we should be getting something new this week, which means it should be announced tomorrow?

3 week cycle between two events. Next week is Week 2 in the cycle, where only the Mog King event is running. The exploration event runs in Week 3 to cover the period where Mog is accepting the currency from the old event before the new one starts.

So.. don't expect anything major this weekend in terms of new content. That said, Gil Snappers were last weekend, so Cactaur Dunes should be up this coming weekend. That's something, at least.

Raika

9qSeiGJ.png

:mad:

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I agree - on one hand i obviously wanna keep farming to afford some of the Mog King stuff before it ends...on the other hand playing this event makes me hate the game and could end in me dropping it all together.

I feel they chose quite the bad time to throw us such a demotivating event -.-
Doesnt help that i hate FF13 - yet the game forces me to pull for units i dont care or play with Sazh and co.... tough time....

I've accepted that this event is trash and I'm just going through the motions of playing it to see what I can get in the end. Sucks that I won't be able to get all that I wanted so I should focus and the super important stuff like tickets, Star Quartz, materials for craft items, and 6* material. Is the materia for Snow worth the trouble or is it just shitty and I should just avoid it?

Syntsui

I've accepted that this event is trash and I'm just going through the motions of playing it to see what I can get in the end. Sucks that I won't be able to get all that I wanted so I should focus and the super important stuff like tickets, Star Quartz, materials for craft items, and 6* material. Is the materia for Snow worth the trouble or is it just shitty and I should just avoid it?
Buy the materials for the Winged Saint. Everyone, BUY the materials for the Winged Saint.

When 6* WoL releases I don't want to read people complaining they don't have one his best weapons in the game.

cw_sasuke

Thats my main issue - feels like you already have to grind alot to just get the standard stuff. One Mog King, a couple tickets, Gigantuars, cheap 6* materials and Star Quartz already require a high number of runs. Makes me not even wanna think about the extra Materia and charterer exclusive shit lol.
Buy the materials for the Winged Saint. Everyone, BUY the materials for the Winged Saint.

When 6* WoL releases I don't want to read people complaining they don't have one his best weapons in the game.

Oh....okay good to know thx.

KeRaSh

if you have a gilgamesh you should be able to beat antonella with aoe

I did it without a maxed gilgamesh (he was about 80ish, 500 atk only), a 750 atk gilgamesh and lightning +refia cecil

refia embolden, heal. Cecil heals

Lightning area blast to build a chain, then chain gilga's dividers

should kill in 3-4 rounds

with bonkengs 800 atk gilgamesh it would be even easier

Went in with the following team:

Gilgamesh 593 ATK
Cecil 470 DEF
WoL
Exdeath 458 MAG
Refia 359 SPR
+
Bonkeng's Gilgamesh 800+ ATK

Three rounds of chained Dividers with Embolden + DC Meteors did the trick.
WoL ate it after the first round so I might as well could have gone for the 5 or less party members mission...
Refia and I think even Cecil bit the dust after the second attack but by then Antenolla was already down to a sliver of health. Third round of attacks was more than enough to finish the job anyways. GG EZ

With that out of the way I might grab the cheap 6* materials after the first trust moogle and immediately awaken CoD and use the remaining Cactuars from the event to max her. It's always good to have her on deck in case there's another event where DW Maneater Barrage rape is the go-to strategy.

Muku

... I would only be so lucky to even pull a WoL. >< Even with Cecil, I'd like him to be a secondary tank should need arise.

KeRaSh

Oh shit. Thanks for the heads up. Will do that right away before I forget it!

/edit: And with that I'm back to 4k gears. What a cruel event. I will never get that damned Moogle and all cheap 6* mats...

Chinner

Banned

Have not pulled a single WOL since I've been playing from August.

well i have all the tickets except the 6000 ones and all the cactuars.....ugh.

I'm going to take a break from that shit and just level up Garland or whatever even though I don't need to right now.

cw_sasuke

Daily Pull - Gold.

DUANE..Screw this... -.-

Done with this banner and everything FF13 related.

leehom

Will do boss

DP: Kuja, already had one so I fed him. Since I had so many Luna's, I fed three of them to one and she's now at 50% :D. I was farming barrage super early game when I had no one else to TM farm. Four remaining = 20%, so I only need 30% more for one barrage. Tempted to switch my TM farm team over to all Luna's for one week to complete it.

tuffymon

Mixed opinions on Lightning's materia, considered worthwhile or not? Seems pretty awesome especially if you have multiples (which doesn't apply to me) or when bringing a buddies with you...

Veggy

Mixed opinions on Lightning's materia, considered worthwhile or not? Seems pretty awesome especially if you have multiples (which doesn't apply to me) or when bringing a buddies with you...

I think I read somewhere earlier that is scales with MAG?

Dandte

Daily - shadow....
Ticket - luna

I should stop pulling only to get a unit with bonus which i will never use after this event (except for my snow).

Anyone else seeing error when they try to read the new trial boss info in the news bulletin?

Works good for me. Looks like some kinda twin headed dragon. Gives out Grand Helm. Def +45, Nulls silence/sleep/ and confusion, and something about boosting def when equiped with heavy armor

Rootbeer

Banned
Daily: Chiziru. Now I have two Lvl 1 4* Chiziru. And not enough energy to even work on them. lol. Maybe someday...

I wish this game would get NRG discount events once in a while... sure would be nice. Unchainedx gets them regularly and it really makes the game super fun.

chrono01

My daily pull was a Miyuki. She's new, but I'm definitely done with this banner. I'll try again later when/if Lightning is added to the banner.

As for the event, it's definitely boring me. I don't even bother running it all of the time, I've been spending my Energy on other things. Just doesn't seem worth it. :(

Rixa

You know. My daily yesterday was Gold to Rainbow Snow. 3 Banner units 2 Snows & 1 Sazh. Snow is nice to have in double (for the TM) but yeah one always wishes to get 5* base from Rainbow pull.

... I would only be so lucky to even pull a WoL. >< Even with Cecil, I'd like him to be a secondary tank should need arise.

No WoL here either but going to get the mats for WSaint when 2nd week starts and L should get that 100% Bonus

Daily Pull - Gold.

DUANE..Screw this... -.-

Done with this banner and everything FF13 related.

^^ Lol :D. I pulled 3* unit and was ahem but then I noticed I have 4 of them. I guess Ill add them to TM train in somepoint and make 2 TM's.

Sieppaa.PNG

*Starts to grow eggs*

UrSuLeTzU

190 days consecutive login, too late to stop now.

tX6LTQFl.jpg

Interesting enough I still need 130k friend points for the gold Forger of Bonds trophy (maxed my friend list the first week)

Where the hell is that player history screen? It's not at player info and I can't find another tab that has it.

Rixa

Where the hell is that player history screen? It's not at player info and I can't find another tab that has it.

Trophies -> Records.

I have:
Total Login Days: 203
Total Consecutive Login Days: 121

Not exactly sure where / why I have missed one day of login.

Valentus

eh, i am posting since... forever? xD that champion belts are godlike. Glad to see some love on this TM now. Bartz can reach 750 ATK with 2 champion belts.

thank god that everybody will have a bonus drop now, hopefully they fix the cactuar spawn rate too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm liking this event a lot.

I've got 25 Sacred Crystals and enough Megacities for 3 levels to all my Espers so far.

Rixa

New trial will be interesting. Not sure if equipping Twin Lance would be the way to go.
Skills & abilities in that fight aren't good option :D

bonkeng

eh, i am posting since... forever? xD that champion belts are godlike. Glad to see some love on this TM now. Bartz can reach 750 ATK with 2 champion belts.

thank god that everybody will have a bonus drop now, hopefully they fix the cactuar spawn rate too.

Does it stack? The calculator didn't seem to stack the 20% x 2.

Rixa

This is what I know it, if its 2-Headed Dragon:

- Dragon can do many moves per turn
- You are forced to use normal attacks since the dragon will use the Death move (insta death to one member of party) if you use magic on it
- If you use any abilities on it, it's going to use that "OP" move that will guarantee you lose
- Dragon OP move is an aoe full break. Except... it's not -30%. it's -100%

Not sure if LB's are safe to use.

Dandte

This is what I know it, if its 2-Headed Dragon:

- Dragon can do many moves per turn
- You are forced to use normal attacks since the dragon will use the Death move (insta death to one member of party) if you use magic on it
- If you use any abilities on it, it's going to use that "OP" move that will guarantee you lose
- Dragon OP move is an aoe full break. Except... it's not -30%. it's -100%

Not sure if LB's are safe to use.

This will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom