• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Yes, Rainbows come in waves.

I got Ramza, followed by Ramza.
Indeed they do.

dqWRzmGl.jpg

#NeverForget T-T

Got Noctis one week later + The Emperor on the free 10+1 so all is almost forgotten

tuffymon

Ouch, double troll? While I know that did/does sting... at the time that looks to be a pretty good pull. I mean course it could have been better >.>;

Brave suits for everyone!

And they fixed the 130k dark espers trial, as soon as I could get the awakening mats I was missing :/
Yea same here! I leveled so many units the past week and a half, and now I really really need to get this guy leveled!

I'm stuck. I have like 5 Setzers total...

Alkez

This event makes me want to repeatedly bash my head against a desk.

It feels like a double wtf just because drops and taking forever to burn NRG. Dear god.

Yup completely with you. Had a "why am i playing this" moment this morning. Feels like drops are especially bad this event, probably because of how common the units are.

Should the goal be 2 Emp staffs, dual wield, 3 mag 30% or 3 L&A, dual wield, 1 emp staff, and enhancer?

Letters and arms will be better but with the enhancer it's not that much, so if you already have the first setup you might as well use it.

Kouriozan

c-murph

Got Terra, Setzer and Xon to 6* forms... Working on getting Xon#2 to 6* but now I have to pay premium Mog prices for the materials. Sucks arse man. Think I wasted like 10K to do it.

My daily half-off pull in GL...was Orlandu...off banner...wat

Rather have Orando over TT. So, WIn!?

Was especially worse because like I said there (if you're curious about my meltdown) I just knew I would pull Noctis that moment, I felt it deep inside me. (+ last lapis)

But honestly I can't complain, had a surprise Ramza a bit earlier, then Noctis in my very last ticket bundles.

So many people from OT3 banned or gone. CCIE, jasminlovesyou, Chrono...

That Noctis banner hype was unreal. Nothing's ever gonna capture that again. After you pull your first game-changing unit (and if you haven't yet, guys, you will eventually)... the ones after it aren't as consequential.

I wonder who from OT4 will be sacrificed for OT5?

Doctor_No

Thanks for the tip. I'll try your method so as to maximize farming. I'm wasting 1 non-bonus spot for Orlandu as that's the only way I can guarantee a win.

Only problem is, I only have 2 friends (Nintura and Phospor) with TT over 1k mag lol.

Found a much more consistent setup for TT.

Kefka + TT with Alterna is all you need.

Basically a SPR debuff (such as Kefka's Last Foot Step) + dual Alterna can kill Ultima Weapon with one turn (dual Ultimas can only get 80-90%).

XYqTMvV.gif

Celegus

Congrats guys. I also got a yellow daily. Rosa. Not my day (or week lol).

GL with your interview Celegus!!

Good luck with your interview today!

Sending you my luck, as I nailed my interview yesterday.
Thanks! I think it went well, should hear back in the next week. Good luck to you too Lyrian!!
The voice of reason. Also, I didn't pull last night either. I TM farmed instead. I need to actually do the event -- I haven't even started. But I'm on a bus to Pittsburgh this weekend for a wedding, so there's no rush.
Haha nice, I'm on a bus out of Pittsburgh tomorrow morning (to NYC). Should probably start packing...

Noctis hype really overshadowed Orlandu, didn't expect that.

It was also over the holidays, where people have free time and more disposable income. Plus there was the factor of not knowing what kind of unit it would be, since it was released simultaneously. I know I dropped cash for him, but I wouldn't have if I didn't get an Amazon gift card from my parents.

I don't think we'll see the same kind of excitement until Cloud, but even then, Noct was (is?) the single best unit any player could have at a time when, due to the sheer lack of previous banners, even whales could only manage teams of Luneth and Greg.

'Twas a special time.

Ok I want to start a JP account. What's the easiest way to get one going? I have an iPhone and Nox on my PC.
I use qoo app on my Android and Nox, not sure if it's available on iPhone tho...

Also this event is so underwhelming. I'm so disappointed with the lack of good exclusive gear, megacites, and sacred Crysts. Ad someone that missed a lot of the early events and their gear, it's what I go for first.

c-murph

I'm running 6* Terra, 6* Setzer, Terra, Kefka, Cid/Gau... with Friend whoever. Only avg around 600+ a run though. Got two gold bombs back to back though. So nice.

So far got all materials, metal cactaurs. Leveled four characters to 6*.

Gunning for Tickets, Mog, Power, Support next... maybe, Tech. Then calling it a day. I think Three cryst are doable without breaking the lapis/rng bank.

Hmmmm... 218,000 fish... 600 avg... 364 runs. Ugh. Maybe no Tech.

Kouriozan

That Noctis banner hype was unreal. Nothing's ever gonna capture that again. After you pull your first game-changing unit (and if you haven't yet, guys, you will eventually)... the ones after it aren't as consequential.

Yep, looking for my previous posts I saw a lot of grey names and that was kinda sad.

Cleared Floating Continent ELT. Olive solos it. I had 2000 fish, so I cashed in tickets. Rydia, Xiao, and then a Blue -> Gold (Setzer?) -> Rainbow (please don't be Delita): Trance Terra.

Gimu pls. I can't even.

Edit: Sharing naked Naked Terra.

Celegus

Cleared Floating Continent ELT. Olive solos it. I had 2000 fish, so I cashed in tickets. Rydia, Xiao, and then a Blue -> Gold (Setzer?) -> Rainbow (please don't be Delita): Trance Terra.

Gimu pls. I can't even.

Wow! Giving Bonkeng a run for his money as the luckiest on GAF?! Does anyone else even come close?

Gimu pls. I can't even.

Congrats! Welcome to club TTerra. And the club of not nearly enough cactuars lying around to upgrade all these units.

Congrats! Welcome to club TTerra. And the club of not nearly enough cactuars lying around to upgrade all these units.

No kidding.

At this point, I guess there's no point in awakening and raising Terra or Kefka to 100 either.

Sylvia's TM, Sorcery, is a 100 ATK 84 MAG 1h sword. She's a 4* base. She's also months and months away, so...

... yeah, so she'll be on my bench beside Dark Fina until I actually farm a few Letters and Arms and Magistral Crests, I guess.

I've got a base 5* B-team that I could roll out. Raitoningu (RIP), dupe Raitoningu, Dark Fina, TTerra, and ... Gilbert. I'm probably the only person with a 5* Gilbert.

To be honest, I wish TTerra had an option to use Diet Terra's sprite. I just like it more.

across

... yeah, so she'll be on my bench beside Dark Fina until I actually farm a few Letters and Arms and Magistral Crests, I guess.

As someone who has farmed most of a complete set of caster TMs (4x MAG+30%, Omnirod, 2x Magistral Crests) and is about 60% into 4x Letters & Arms, soon to follow it up with 2 more Magistral Crests and another Omnirod or two, I don't think casters are worth bothering with.

I love them and I'm happy as hell that I have two (!) TTerras and I'm holding out hope that someday I'll yolo ticket pull a Dark Fina for octuple DC Ultima antics (with Ramza, natch), but investing time/moogles into caster TMs is a suboptimal way to go no matter how you slice it.

I know you specifically have already basically finished your physical TMs of note (right?) but for anyone newer to the game who is thinking about devoting the next 34 days (or whatever) to TM farming Vanille and Arc over Gaffgarion and Chizuru: these are not the power increases you're looking for.

Muku

I dunno what Gumi Kool Aid yall is drinking if Rainbows come in waves for you, but I'd like some of it. No matter the flavor.

It's just random when I get them. And I generally get them on banners I don't care about the unit. (Yun, White Knight Noel) I'm just like "That's a cool looking 5*." Next minute pull and "BAM! Here is your 5*!" And I'm like WTF I was just commenting on how cool they look, I didn't want it!

bonkeng

There was that Gilgamesh thing... was trying to think of who's gotten the luckiest consistently without breaking the bank.

Lol. In terms of Rainbows showing up, Val wins by a landslide. Look at his pull vids, i think he's averaging 1 Rainbow per 2 multis. Problem for Val is, troll offbanners shows up more often.

I think my Rainbow rates are average (3 to 5 multis per Rainbow, and just because I limit myself and stop at 5 multis max), but from my last 11 Rainbows, only 2 are offbanners, and both came from a single multi during Fryevia's. I only feel lucky on getting the banner 5*.

Hippo is an anomaly. His banner 5* rate is exactly the same rate as pulling a Shadow.

As someone who has farmed most of a complete set of caster TMs (4x MAG+30%, Omnirod, 2x Magistral Crests) and is about 60% into 4x Letters & Arms, soon to follow it up with 2 more Magistral Crests and another Omnirod or two, I don't think casters are worth bothering with.

I love them and I'm happy as hell that I have two (!) TTerras and I'm holding out hope that someday I'll yolo ticket pull a Dark Fina for octuple DC Ultima antics (with Ramza, natch), but investing time/moogles into caster TMs is a suboptimal way to go no matter how you slice it.

I know you specifically have already basically finished your physical TMs of note (right?) but for anyone newer to the game who is thinking about devoting the next 34 days (or whatever) to TM farming Vanille and Arc over Gaffgarion and Chizuru: these are not the power increases you're looking for.

Duly noted, and I appreciate the perspective. I agree with you concerning the need to prioritize Zidane and Chorizo above all else.

Actually, my current TM farming team is (no kidding) 3 Elles and 2 Karls, since I forgot one Karl already had 40% mastery. But you're right: another Bracer wouldn't hurt, but I felt like doing something else. I took like, a month off of TM farming, and when I geared up again, the first one I hatched was Melody of Life.

My current all-purpose team is Noct, Olive, Luneth, Greg, and either Lightning (arena) or Refia (f'reals). I'm way too lazy to change equipment and materia unless I've got to -- it's such a hassle. At least I'm good for the inevitable physical damage-immune boss, at which point I'll doubtless trot out TTerra, Dark Fina, Exdeath, Ariana Venti, and Ramza.

Lyrian

Thanks! I think it went well, should hear back in the next week. Good luck to you too Lyrian!!

Thanks! My interview went well, and some unexpected people pulled some strings... and I got the position.

Now I can finally get rid of the curse of being almost the most over-educated person on the planet without being able to get a job out of college. Rather embarrassing, actually.

Gimu pls. I can't even.

Grats on the sweet pull!

So... I haven't heard anyone mention yet about how absurdly broken Setzer is in the Arena yet.

Cursed Card = (Dance of Death) + (2 x 999 damage) is just gravy.

Also, Slot = 25% chance of AoE DEATH (which works in the Arena!) or 75% for (2 x 999 for a consolation prize).

He's so broken, it's silly.

Nope I will forever draw 4*.

Lyrian

LOL, thanks for nothing, Gumi?

In-game news post:

-- 100 lapis compensation for a bug.... but only if you had Medius's Gum Mastery at +2... which is maybe a single digit number of players on all of Global, ROFL?

LOL, thanks for nothing, Gumi?

In-game news post:

-- 100 lapis compensation for a bug.... but only if you had Medius's Gum Mastery at +2... which is maybe a single digit number of players on all of Global, ROFL?

I know, right? Should've been 10,000 lapis just to reward that kind of courage.

Lyrian

/sigh

I want to go all in for a Naked Terra, but it practically impossible to convince myself its even remotely a plausible idea when JP gets things like next week, where players can get a guaranteed random rainbow (3x) for an 11-pull. I'd drop 15k lapis in a heartbeat.

Even if the other 10 rolls are complete crap, 5k for a guaranteed rainbow is absolutely worth it for the TM, at the very least.

Kettch

I learned my lesson back when Lightning came out. Put $100 into the game, and the most useful character I got was Vaan. No way am I spending more, at least until that reward system gets put in.

across

/sigh

I want to go all in for a Naked Terra, but it practically impossible to convince myself its even remotely a plausible idea when JP gets things like next week, where players can get a guaranteed random rainbow (3x) for an 11-pull. I'd drop 15k lapis in a heartbeat.

Even if the other 10 rolls are complete crap, 5k for a guaranteed rainbow is absolutely worth it for the TM, at the very least.

Aurora Scarf
Acceptance
Wisdom

*slidewhistle*

.. chase your favorites, IMO. No Ragrets. I know you know this, but we're eons away from a deal as attractive as that on GL, if ever.

bonkeng

So... I haven't heard anyone mention yet about how absurdly broken Setzer is in the Arena yet.

Cursed Card = (Dance of Death) + (2 x 999 damage) is just gravy.

Also, Slot = 25% chance of AoE DEATH (which works in the Arena!) or 75% for (2 x 999 for a consolation prize).

He's so broken, it's silly.

I tried it, this is far worse than Ling. 100% stoned is real, plus with damage.

Lyrian

Aurora Scarf
Acceptance
Wisdom

*slidewhistle*

.. chase your favorites, IMO. No Ragrets. I know you know this, but we're eons away from a deal as attractive as that on GL, if ever.

Considering I don't have any of those 3 units, that's a plus.

Besides, outside of Aurora Scarf, Acceptance (+30% MAG and +20% MP) and Wisdom (+30% ATK and +20% HP) are solid stat stick TMs to farm.

Aurora Scarf
Acceptance
Wisdom

*slidewhistle*

I... honestly don't even know what units I'm looking forward to at this point besides Rikku and (okay, there it is) Onion Knight. We're at this weird stage where enhancements will make characters we've already got exceptionally useful. See, e.g., Ramza, Agrias and, in my case, Randi.

I guess these are the ones I'm interested in:

Rikku
Onion Knight
Balthier
Ashe
Amelia
Lasswell 2.0

... who are y'all gunning for?

Lyrian

Thank god the arena is full of 100% evade Noctis, IT BALANCES EVERYTHING!!!!THANKS GUMI!!!!!!

Noctii can't dodge status effects though, even if physical damage is evaded (though they can be blocked via gear/TMs).

Can't dodge Death though. Whoops!

Syntsui

I'm totally saving for Onion Knight. Dude is chaining king and no one will dethrone him .

Noctii can't dodge status effects though, even if physical damage is evaded (though they can be blocked via gear/TMs).

Can't dodge Death though. Whoops!

This changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom