• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Guys, not being funny but is it worth making a separate [JP] thread?

Majority of the posts lately are all about the JP version.

I don't think so. I don't think there would be enough of us for it to be worthwhile.

I think it's a combination of two things. Firstly a bunch of us started last week and so there's that initial excitement (look how quickly OT1 moved). And secondly 4 of the people now playing JP are some of the most regular posters in this thread. That being myself, Syntsui, Hippo, and Muku. It only makes sense that it feels like the majority of the posts are about JP given how often us 4 post.

Give it a week or so and things will be back to normal. From my understand things don't happen as often in JP as they do in GL so once we've become more established in the game we'll probably talk about it less. Also next (BE) week is FF10 and anniversary stuff so the thread will be flooded with GL talk.

LOL I'm weak.

Alkez

[JP] Daily: Rainbow!...Mercenary Ramza...Is this guy even good? Watch how my 5* Ticket is also Mercenary Ramza

5* Ticket: Gilgamesh! Very nice. Sakura will appreciate this. I really was expecting a dupe lol.

Lyrian

Yeah, cause mine is not enhanced nor max potted lol ;)
It is 20/20 lb tho.

Need more hp pots for her and a dozen or so T1s to finish Raise +2, but otherwise she's fully tricked out until her 6* awakening.

Dualcast Curaja +2 is quite impressive, healing net 4000 - 4500 hp with only 5* stats.

SeanTSC

Up to 143 relics already. 160 will be a breeze. Still getting Cs and Bs too, only just now saw my first S (with some lame 1% TM moogle).

Rixa

Need more hp pots for her and a dozen or so T1s to finish Raise +2, but otherwise she's fully tricked out until her 6* awakening.

Dualcast Curaja +2 is quite impressive, healing net 4000 - 4500 hp with only 5* stats.

Mine is up:

Garnet.PNG
Garnet1.PNG

Kouriozan

Sooo, 6* WoL should be announced tomorrow...
Chances for Gumi to screw up the FF X banner with WoL and Garland? That would be really shitty.

Rixa

That's almost the same build I put up, lol.

Only real difference is that I built a bit more for HP than SPR, and swapped the melody of life for a camo.

Very nice build, btw.

Thanks same to you :).
Force Shield could save one ability slot for something but I let it be like it is now with Carbuncle.
I bought +1 version of Curaja and evo mag. Will later buy Curaja +2. Cause if noting else happens my Garnet will be my new healer.

Syntsui

I don't believe they will put WoL in the banner, pretty much all characters that received an upgrade didn't get a banner.

Also, there won't be WoL 6*,dont play yourselves.

robotuw

I don't believe they will put WoL in the banner, pretty much all characters that received an upgrade didn't get a banner.

Also, there won't be WoL 6*,dont play yourselves.

We'll get him. They said as much. There will be much rejoicing. Everyone will share screenshots of their new BiS WoL build. Then 2 days later we won't care anymore because nobody here needs a tank 95% of the time, unenhanced WoL ain't that great, and we won't see his enhancements for another 4 months.

I'm expecting the news tomorrow to show about a 10 in the unread messages....hopefully.

and we can probably guess all of them at this point.

1. Maintenance
2. Known Issues
3. FFX Banner
4. Awakenings (WoL, Garland?, more?)
5. Anniversary free 10+1 summon
6. Anniversary guaranteed 5* summon
7. Anniversary free daily summon
8. Event (exploration? raid?)
9. Raid Banner?
10. Some FF Portal App thing
11. Please watch our Taiwan stream. You'll love it, honest! Seriouslygoddamitjustwatchitwatchitwatchit.

Edit: Forgot 12. Enchanted Maze Lvl. 2

Alkez

We'll get him. They said as much. There will be much rejoicing. Everyone will share screenshots of their new BiS WoL build. Then 2 days later we won't care anymore because nobody here needs a tank 95% of the time, unenhanced WoL ain't that great, and we won't see his enhancements for another 4 months.

and we can probably guess all of them at this point.

1. Maintenance
2. Known Issues
3. FFX Banner
4. Awakenings (WoL, Garland?, more?)
5. Anniversary free 10+1 summon
6. Anniversary guaranteed 5* summon
7. Anniversary free daily summon
8. Event (exploration? raid?)
9. Raid Banner?
10. Some FF Portal App thing
11. Please watch our Taiwan stream. You'll love it, honest! Seriouslygoddamitjustwatchitwatchitwatchit.

Lol! So true about WoL. I'm not joking when I say I just want to use him cause he looks cool.

And I believe 10 is exploration.

Niahak

Ace tears Maxwell ELT apart and I don't even have anywhere near BiS equipment for him (didn't get the MAG passive yet, about 650 MAG on Diabolos). Equipped man-eater, dual wield, some light resist gear (cat ear hood, soluna ring) to keep him alive just in case... and with Minfillia's call to magic, Wild Card was doing around a fifth of Maxwell's HP. Much better than trying to Landu DPS.

I can only imagine how fast Rixa's Ace would take Maxwell down.

To be fair, I had already gotten the 5-team-member achievement so things were going to be much easier regardless, but it was a 3-round match which was better than expected.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Want to thank those of you marking your [JP] posts as such, and would ask again for everyone else to start observing the same. short lived or no, obvious or not to you, not enough to become its own thread or not, this thread has become instantly less fun because of all the unmarked JP posts where I -- playing for 10 months now -- am not sure what I'm reading and can barely follow. I can imagine it's even more confusing and unwelcoming to new players.

It's easy and takes 4 strokes.

Syntsui

You were expection WoL upgrade, BUT IT WAS ME, GLOBAL EXCLUSIVE JAKE 6 STARS UPGRADE

If he gets more breaks he would be a legit good unit to have just for the sake of breaking, it seems 45% is the cap for pretty much all non 5* breakers. But anyway, we are soon getting Tim and every other breaker will be irrelevant >.>

Muku

Whoever's idea it was to start a JP account last week is an actual genius (I think it was Hippo or Muku?). I swear I only did it because I was following the crowd lol. Didn't think I would get this into it, or that I would love the unit I was disappointed in pulling. And then to be given so much free stuff as well is just icing on the cake.

Meanwhile in GL I'm having connection issues for days.

I think Hippo? I know someone asked a question and I bounced it off that, so I dunno. Either way, glad you joined, at least you have something to play! Haha. :D

I had connection issues last week one night, ALL NIGHT, on my phone. Thankfully cleared up next day. Couldn't burn my NRG before maint because of bs. Could connect on iPad just fine. Was so annoying. And not first time I've been error locked out of account on my phone. (Have had the issue on iPad one too... but not nearly as often.) I even restarted my phone thinking it might help that night. ><

I think it's a combination of two things. Firstly a bunch of us started last week and so there's that initial excitement (look how quickly OT1 moved). And secondly 4 of the people now playing JP are some of the most regular posters in this thread. That being myself, Syntsui, Hippo, and Muku. It only makes sense that it feels like the majority of the posts are about JP given how often us 4 post.

Truth. Maybe this time one of yall can be top of the shame list. LOL.
Watch it still somehow be me. But am totally willing to pass off torch.

To be honest, I'm enjoying my slow grind on JP. Not rushing it. Just doing what I want, when I want. It's interesting in JP that in first so many ranks I've stayed over my lapis limit. Slowly working way through story. Doing quests that interest me, have gear, or have keys/or future in quest line have keys.) Not far at all. But just taking it little by little. It's my relaxing account. Tired? Just call it quits for day. But to be honest, I'm loving Tidus and OK. I need OK in my life Gumi.

I think when they said we'd get 6* WoL at end of June, I think they meant next June. Not expecting. But would totally be happy if so. But also, I don't want them to put a unit on a banner that has no damn place on it.

Kouriozan

In other news :

XivIHinl.png

Singing Ramza is COMPLETE! (will switch with a Ribbon when necessary)
Gumi give enhancement pls.

Working on a Seria TM for more HP just in case.

robotuw

In other news :

XivIHinl.png

Singing Ramza is COMPLETE! (will switch with a Ribbon when necessary)
Gumi give enhancement pls.

Working on a Seria TM for more HP just in case.

Very nice. I just got a Magi staff done this weekend in prep for him. Still need a lot more TMs though. What materia do you have on him. Equip Staff, Dual Wield and ... Shard of Genius?

Kouriozan

Very nice. I just got a Magi staff done this weekend in prep for him. Still need a lot more TMs though. What materia do you have on him. Equip Staff, Dual Wield and ... Shard of Genius?
Yep, Dual Wield, Equip Staff, Shard of Genius x2
Since I'll go all in for the Onion Knight banner, there will be 2 upgrade for him :
Aria : 15 DEF 45 SPR Hat, 20 Water Resist, Skills: [MP+15%] +15% MP
Sara : 15 DEF 20 MAG 55 SPR Robe, 30 Wind Resist

Syntsui

Very nice, I couldn't bother to get the Crown so I won't really be able to replicate this, but I think that won't matter too much as long as he achieves the 500 SPR anyway.

Shouta

Finally over 1000 Mag with my Sage Sakura but still have 5000+ HP. I still probably could increase her MAG with some more TMRs.

creid

Yesterday I ran an expedition that took a Scroll of Vigor as a bonus item. I later looked it up and the Exvius wiki says that that scroll is only available in premium bundles. I assumed they'd never taken anything that valuable in an expedition, much less something that people would've paid real money for. Why?????

Alkez

Finally over 1000 Mag with my Sage Sakura but still have 5000+ HP. I still probably could increase her MAG with some more TMRs.

Damn! Nice work. I would also like to see your set if possible as she's my main DPS. Weird we both picked up Gilga with our 5* tickets lol.

robotuw

Yesterday I ran an expedition that took a Scroll of Vigor as a bonus item. I later looked it up and the Exvius wiki says that that scroll is only available in premium bundles. I assumed they'd never taken anything that valuable in an expedition, much less something that people would've paid real money for. Why?????

Before they were only from bundles. Now you can get them as expedition rewards too.

Shouta

What do you have on her?

Judgement Rod (9 ATK, 81 MAG)
Mace of Zeus (110 Attack, 98 MAG)
Nefel Cap (21 DEF, 42 MAG, 36 SPR)
Siren's Robe (30 DEF, 40, MAG, 40 SPR)
Earring (20% MAG)
Earring (20% MAG)
Dual-Wield
Rod Mastery (50% MAG with Rod)
Dark Bond/Lineage of the Hess (50% MAG with Rod/Robe)
Sage of Mysidia (20% MP, 40% MAG, 2 LB/TURN)

MAX HP, MP, DEF Pots. 29/30 MAG, 25/30 SPR Pots. Leviathan as my Esper

There's definitely some better equipment choices out there from TMRs that I don't have.

creid

Before they were only from bundles. Now you can get them as expedition rewards too.
Ah ok, that's not too bad. I wasn't too excited about expeditions at first but it is a neat opportunity to do something with the hundreds of unused units I have. I'm already up to 120 relics so I should clear 160 easily.

Muku

ALL THESE TICKETS (and 5*) and... *rolls around in tickets in JP*

Daily is... &#12452;&#12522;&#12473;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290; Fuck this is the third one.

5* ticket..... *holds breath*..... OMG!!!!!!!!!! YESSS!!!!

797.png

Shouta

So some information the Chocobo Explorations for JP.

The average rates for Trust Master gain differs for what base star level the unit is. 3-star starting units gain roughly 1.2% per 24 hours per unit. So if you're running a full squad of a unit it's roughly 2.5 weeks for a TM. For Base-4* and Base-5* units, it's about .8% per 24 hours. So with a full stack of 4-units, it's about 25 days to get a TMR.

The rates aren't too crazy but when combined with the abundant Trust Moogle rewards and, general TMR upgrades from battles, the pace of getting them should go up for folks that don't farm the crap out of the earth shrine with a macro or manually.

Alkez

I got a dupe Ayaka. Dammit, now I have 3 Ayakas...

First JP problems haha. I feel for you though, dupes are rarely useful, but triple dupe healer really sucks.

Judgement Rod (9 ATK, 81 MAG)
Mace of Zeus (110 Attack, 98 MAG)
Nefel Cap (21 DEF, 42 ATK, 36 SPR)
Siren's Robe (30 DEF, 40, MAG, 40 SPR)
Earring (20% MAG)
Earring (20% MAG)
Dual-Wield
Rod Mastery (50% MAG with Rod)
Dark Bond/Lineage of the Hess (50% MAG with Rod/Robe)
Sage of Mysidia (20% MP, 40% MAG, 2 LB/TURN)

MAX HP, MP, DEF Pots. 29/30 MAG, 25/30 SPR Pots. Leviathan as my Esper

There's definitely some better equipment choices out there from TMRs that I don't have.

You could give her the omni rod from the raid? Only an extra 10 though. Man I wish I had got Dark Fina instead of Mercenary Ramza on my daily. That dark bond TM.

So I have a couple of questions.

1 - when you've got your Genji Glove what will you replace dual wield with? Or will that go to Du?
2 - is the mace of zeus one of those 12 legendary weapons or whatever they're called? Is that the best rod right now?
3 - are you using that hat for the def and spr or is does it have some other abilities?

evangd007

MAG-build Fryevia + Call to Magic = 3 turn Maxwell ELT kill. I didn't think such a thing was possible without chaining. My god. Thanks Alkez and Hippo!

Hey man, for those of us who don't have Ling, Arms Eraser and Armor Eraser are going to be a godsend.

Muku

Sakura is a magic caster, correct? If so, she'll be my first good one. Though might use cactaur I get on her to help level her outside of my regular crew right now.

Shouta

First JP problems haha. I feel for you though, dupes are rarely useful, but triple dupe healer really sucks.

You could give her the omni rod from the raid? Only an extra 10 though. Man I wish I had got Dark Fina instead of Mercenary Ramza on my daily. That dark bond TM.

So I have a couple of questions.

1 - when you've got your Genji Glove what will you replace dual wield with? Or will that go to Du?
2 - is the mace of zeus one of those 12 legendary weapons or whatever they're called? Is that the best rod right now?
3 - are you using that hat for the def and spr or is does it have some other abilities?

Oh right, I forgot they gave out an Omni-rod. So I guess 1031 for her now.

I don't know if I want to get the Genji Glove right away. I have 70% in moogles saved + 10% in Genji Glove specific ones so I need another 20% before then. If I did get it, I'd use that for her though so I can use another materia for more mag.

Yeah, The Mace of Zeus is a Zodiac/12 Legendary Weapon. It's not a rod but a flail. I'm using it on her because it has 98 MAG and that's higher than my other rods, lol. It also has Ultima Blow, on the off chance I want to use it. It's a AOE 500% Hybrid attack.

Hat has MAG, I mistyped it as ATK. It also has null silence.

eggydoo

any must have TMRs?
I have dual-wield, dualcast, genji glove, blade mastery and a bunch of the weapons except excalibur.
Working on black cowl right now...maybe another DW?

Syntsui

I think Lulu has the best Rod in JP:

+21 ATK +120 MAG +20% MP
Auto-Faith (+20% MAG)

Which funny enough, isn't exactly better than our Global exclusive Matheu Malice:

ATK+19, MAG+129, HP +10%

HP is much more valuable as you won't really run out of MP nor need this weak ass buff. Global stays winning!!

Sakura is a magic caster, correct? If so, she'll be my first good one. Though might use cactaur I get on her to help level her outside of my regular crew right now.

She is THE magic caster, a meta definig character, straight up insane unit. I really really really want her >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom