• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

So if I already pulled a Y's and I have the material to 6* her....how bad of an idea is it to sell all of the coins for fat stacks? Are her unit specific equips worth it?

c-murph

Tomorrow everyone that played it nonstop without refresh will get the final reward, so I expect a major drop in the bonus. It's all downhill from there.

Thats crazy. I'm only at 328k. No refreshes. Also, sleep at night because I like sleep.

Don't really count on pulling Y. Just aiming to get her by the 1.2m gift.

So if I already pulled a Y's and I have the material to 6* her....how bad of an idea is it to sell all of the coins for fat stacks? Are her unit specific equips worth it?

I think their kinda garbage and I don't plan on crafting them... but I'm not an expert to say about their usefulness... I assume you have TM dedicated mage/healer items. If you do, you're probably be fine without them. Free to play and newbies probably would benefit.

Dont TM and Walking Dead guys. This may happen to you.

https://i.imgur.com/Ffv7LMR.png

Ffv7LMR.png

You have to put your images in quotes if they're huge.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think rank 22 will be our breaking point, especially if the timer drops again. It's nice to see this level up and be different from the Christmas raid.

I just hit 1mil and around 3500. We aren't even close.

2 more Hides and Yoshi's Weapon is complete, meaning I've completed everything from the drops I need. I'll just need to finish out the cheevos for the goods. Will be making a pretty penny with all the mats too. Probably a mil+ once this event is over. Will be hitting Rank 96 tomorrow too, so this event is been pretty great for me. Definitely will be replacing all those 10%ATKs now.

With Dunes this weekend, I'll be leveling up both Milli and Yoshi with the NRG. If Lasswell 6* comes this week, I'll level him too.

Celegus

Yaaaay hit 1.2 million and got my Y'shtola. Got her TM right away and have 9 more moogles for the next one if I manage to summon one.

Kouriozan

18 Y'shtola moogle now, 173/175 unit slots, I guess this is where I stop using raid coins.
At least I'm less than 300k points away of getting her.

tuffymon

175 unit slots? Whew lawd how does one survive with that many?

And I wonder how some people use so many... I'm at 133/150, including moogles I can't use and a bunch of 100% trust units until I hear a definitive word on what's to happen with them. I'm more surprised that I only have 50/50 ability slots >.>;

I feel so incredibly inadequate compared to all of you when I read this thread. I can 2-turn Pro with Noctis + 2x Exdeath + Friend Noctis / Olive but I can't do anything to ELT. I'm only at 300k raid points after 4 days, so I doubt I'll even hit the free Y'shtola reward. :(

Lyrian

Oh God, I finally got Greg. Decided to do another pull and he was there. Thank the Lord.

Grats on finally pulling a Greg! Thank heavens that trial is over.... until the next one, lol.

I need some advice on TM farming. I've managed to end up with 6 Cecil, 7 Zidane, 3 Bartz, and 3 Chizuru. I've already got one DW. How many of those should I go for multiples of the TM and how many should I just smash together? Since I already have one, I was thinking of doing the Zidane's in two TM's. Would it be worth trying to get two Excaliburs or just smash them all together for a quick one? Also, I think I'm dumb and can't get the Discord chat in the OP to work. Is there a way to get added to that? Thanks!

There were a couple posts on this so I'll chain off this one.

I'm in a similar situation and need GAF's input here.

TM team currently has 4 Zidanes in it. Likely, by tomorrow, I'll be in a spot where I can cash them out for 2 DW. The million gil question is that as I already have a DW innately (Luneth), is 3 total DW users good enough? Or should I really need to grind out all 4 of them for another month or so? Gut feeling says: good enough for now and move onto other TMs and come back later if really needed.

I think rank 22 will be our breaking point, especially if the timer drops again. It's nice to see this level up and be different from the Christmas raid.

I think so as well. I had pegged the breaking point to be 21, but the server squeaked out 22 in time. That shouldn't happen for 23, in all likeliness. So, the server will bounce around this point for the rest of the event (unless there is a mechanism to allow for further advancement after recovering a lost level?).

RedZaraki

Banned
I feel so incredibly inadequate compared to all of you when I read this thread. I can 2-turn Pro with Noctis + 2x Exdeath + Friend Noctis / Olive but I can't do anything to ELT. I'm only at 300k raid points after 4 days, so I doubt I'll even hit the free Y'shtola reward. :(

I can clear ELT with my A Team......but I'm too lazy for all that. Instead I just 1 round Pro over and Over. I'm around 400k raid points so far. I already have 2 Ysh'tolas from raid summons though. Now I just want the other prizes.

If you're really worried about it, wait until the last day and then spend like 500 lapis on raid refreshes, you'll probably get plenty of stuff.

I'm only at 350k. And remember, this event lasts until 31 March. Basically, I'm not even sweating it right now, and I've not refreshed, nor do I maximize my orb usage (because I can't connect at work during the week).

You're 25% of the way to Ysh. Sure, maybe it means we both miss out on the extra 6* mats (which are INCREDIBLY COMMON in Mog King events) and the Trust Moogle. But we'll live!

Lyrian

You need to be averaging 85k points a day to hit Y'shtola by the end of the event.

So, at the end of Day 4 (in ~5 hours from now), the target line is to be at ~340k points to be on pace for her by the end of Day 14.

tuffymon

TM team currently has 4 Zidanes in it. Likely, by tomorrow, I'll be in a spot where I can cash them out for 2 DW. The million gil question is that as I already have a DW innately (Luneth), is 3 total DW users good enough? Or should I really need to grind out all 4 of them for another month or so? Gut feeling says: good enough for now and move onto other TMs and come back later if really needed.

I say good enough for now, I farmed up 1 DW, and 1 Genji, and use 2 units that have Dual innate which I doubt will be replaced easily anyhow~ If something however changes, I have 3 Z's waiting on me, and a Doublehand until that DW is ready.

Azuran

Banned
Nothing more fun that dying on purpose on ELT to avoid getting rank exp. After I got back from work, I had 79 NRG with only around 900 exp to rank up so I had no choice because I wanted to TM farm tonight

Syntsui

Nothing more fun that dying on purpose on ELT to avoid getting rank exp. After I got back from work, I had 79 NRG with only around 900 exp to rank up so I had no choice because I wanted to TM farm tonight

I love that we can get him to like 1% HP, die and gain pretty much all the medals.

Muku

It's okay. I'm at about the same point. I just want Y'shtola. Got her on my alt, which is cool but not where I wanted her. Got lucky on a pull. Hoping to get lucky on a pull on main, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Not like I can even make Minfilia's stuff either. Bullshit items always drop the same shit and not what I need for her gear. Not making any of Than's. He can go fuck himself.

Lyrian

I say good enough for now, I farmed up 1 DW, and 1 Genji, and use 2 units that have Dual innate which I doubt will be replaced easily anyhow~ If something however changes, I have 3 Z's waiting on me, and a Doublehand until that DW is ready.

Sweet. I have 2 backup DHs as well to complement the DWs, so I think I'll be in good shape. Then that's what I'll do then.

I BEAT HIM

FUCK YESSSSSSS

/highfive

Grats on the win. The first time is the sweetest win of all.

It's okay. I'm at about the same point. I just want Y'shtola. Got her on my alt, which is cool but not where I wanted her. Got lucky on a pull. Hoping to get lucky on a pull on main, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Not like I can even make Minfilia's stuff either. Bullshit items always drop the same shit and not what I need for her gear. Not making any of Than's. He can go fuck himself.

Ditto. Ifrit ELT is tuned so high, that it laughs at most mid-high geared units. My Elza is the 700s barely makes a dent and my Luneth in the 600s is all-but-garbage-tier against him.

Fortunately, I'm reasonably sure I'll at least hit the free Y'sh by the end of the event, and that's cool by me.

Gumi can GTFO with the crap drop rates on the materials for the craftable weapons/armor though. They aren't really even **good** pieces of gear in the long haul. So, why does every piece need multiple components that have like a 1% drop rate? Yeah, there are 14 days to farm the event, but that still doesn't change the fact that crap drop rates are still crap. The excuse that you need to get the parts to farm 1 in 14 days' worth of time doesn't cut the mustard at all. Sorry, Gumi.

across

3 seems like the happy medium, in my experience. If you don't think you're going to be replacing Luneth for a while, then I'd just cash out. With that said, in your situation, I'd likely cash one out immediately and continue to grind the other two, depending on what other priority TMs you have. The extra one (I have 3 total, with two Zidanes sitting in my unit list) is useful for putting on your Arena team on weeks when that is separate from your event team, or extra MAG on your Exdeath for events, or what have you.

I value flexibility over power (though DW is both, so...) and I also value not being hassled to constantly switch abilities and gear around every time I want to burn Arena orbs or whatever. You'll obviously know how relevant this is in your specific situation better than I, based on what units you have.

I got the free Ysh, though I did pull her early on.(and never again)

New team comp I'm using is a lot more reliable than the old one, haven't lost in a good while.(last lost was when he resisted breaks like 7 times)

Old: Refia, Noctis, Yun, Cecil, Rain

New: Refia, CoD, Yun, Cecil, WoL

The problem with Noctis is that he kept getting paralyzed and/or killed too often. CoD has innate fire and para resist and I can give her barfira to free up Cecil to use focus, protectga is great too. I gave WoL duel wield so the large majority of the time the breaks land, his cover is better than Rain's so he doesn't die as often, he also has comparable health despite being a 5 star.

I wish I had cactuars to level up Minfilia, I'd probably switch out CoD and put back Rain for leadership and see how that goes.

Ken

COD para resist is only 30% so I still think it's valid to give her a jeweled ring especially if you only have 1 and you're using her for Return

Malakhov

Banned
Points are coming in since I've been tackling elite. WoL made all the difference.

Any other quests like the red ring for some +fire res. items/accessories? I'd like to get some more for when I finish leveling Ling and she cant equip the flame shield nor the flame armor and Refia is already using my equip shield materia.

leehom

Orlandu is finally coming, but why did they butcher his name?

Time to drop my 25k Lapis and 60 tickets on him. If I don't get him, I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't get Lightning twice nor Noctis on their banner.

After thus banner, going to save up for Cloud or Onion Knight.

Rixa

This is it. Half the player base will die.

Expecting few new players to appear with rerolling questions and few that drive by post
"Hey I got Orlando Bloom from Daily"

Orlandu Im coming for YOU!!

The other units on the banner, Any good?

If they aren't boosted globally, they aren't good.
One opinion from Reddit
4* base is Soliel, who I'm pretty sure is considered the worst 4* base in the game from JP players or something.
Ovelia and Lawrence round out the 3* slot, and they have some alright body armor TMRs, but nothing great.

Feep

Banned
So my team isn't terribly "advanced"...I took a five month break in there. Currently running:

Exdeath
Chizuru
Refia
Cecil
Minfilia

I hope to replace Refia with Y'shtola, but that's independent of lapis, obviously.

SO, do I save the 4 summon tickets + 5000 lapis I have for Orlandeau, or do I try to get a Noctis or Gilgamesh? Obviously I will probably get neither. But...

So my team isn't terribly "advanced"...I took a five month break in there. Currently running:

Exdeath
Chizuru
Refia
Cecil
Minfilia

I hope to replace Refia with Y'shtola, but that's independent of lapis, obviously.

SO, do I save the 4 summon tickets + 5000 lapis I have for Orlandeau, or do I try to get a Noctis or Gilgamesh? Obviously I will probably get neither. But...

If you are not putting money into the game, don't chase a five star character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom