• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Muku

4x Shines are a must for 100% evade build on WoL and Zargabaath (in his case he doesn't need 4). There will be other options soon to achieve that but right its either Shine or Cyan.

So it's not even all about the ATK.

Thank you. I hadn't even thought about an evade build on WoL. But I don't recall him getting some innate evade? I imagine those + gear, yeah? Which I don't tend to have some of the older stuff.

I kept three Shines. I think I've merged some though in past. Anyway, today got another and decided to keep her as #4 for Trust. But I imagine most evade builds are going to rely on gear. Some of it stuff we can no longer get and I couldn't get at the time.

Edit: Also, I don't have evade units like Tidus, Lightning, Fohlen, or Noctis. I get no love.

Syntsui

Thank you. I hadn't even thought about an evade build on WoL. But I don't recall him getting some innate evade? I imagine those + gear, yeah? Which I don't tend to have some of the older stuff.

I kept three Shines. I think I've merged some though in past. Anyway, today got another and decided to keep her as #4 for Trust. But I imagine most evade builds are going to rely on gear. Some of it stuff we can no longer get and I couldn't get at the time.

Edit: Also, I don't have evade units like Tidus, Lightning, Fohlen, or Noctis. I get no love.
He doesn't have nor need innate evade, any unit can achieve 100% evade with:
4 Shines/Cyan TM = 40%
2 Noctis TM = 50%
1 Kiyomori = 10%

*insert Gumi troll face here*

Sorry, man. :( Husband encountered same issue with that a couple days ago.

Bit of a shame. Did wonder why such a high ATK weapon was available. Hopefully I'll find a use for it somewhere anyway. I guess Noctis would benefit until I get another dual wield. Suppose if it looks too good to be true it probably is lol

Muku

4 Shines/Cyan TM = 40%
2 Noctis TM = 50%
1 Kiyomori = 10%

Okay, so yeah. Noctis TM. LOL. I don't even have one, so it's impossible unless you have a 5* unit x2. :(

robotuw

Anyone notice the first round of the fan-designed units contest is out?

Circe and Mitra both have cool-sounding mechanics attached (I think Mitra sounds really neat with her revive counter) and I like Nyatha's design with the giant flask on her back.

Muku

Bit of a shame. Did wonder why such a high ATK weapon was available. Hopefully I'll find a use for it somewhere anyway. I guess Noctis would benefit until I get another dual wield. Suppose if it looks too good to be true it probably is lol

Always a catch. XD But, it's good to have if nothing else.

Niahak

Full list of evade sources:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dodge

So an alternate build for full evade for many units:

Swordbreaker (5)
Assassin's vest (10)
Lucii (25)
20-sided die (20)

Materia
Dodge (Cyan TM, 10)
Spirit of Freedom (10)
2 Shine TM (10x2)

yields 25 + 5 + 10 + 20 + 40 = 100

Most full evade builds require a Lucii if the unit doesn't have innate evasion.

IIRC 20-sided die can stack, so you can use another in place of Lucii and use Kiyomori instead of Swordbreaker to still reach 100 on someone like WoL who can use katanas.

Of course, if you missed out on some events, you won't be able to get stuff like Kiyomori and Spirit of Freedom anymore. That part kind of sucks.

The event dagger is quite nice, though, and does give you a stackable 5 like the swordbreaker.

Alkez

I hope S2 Jake is great.

I thought he was going to be a breaker but it didn't say anything on the banner news. We'll find out in a few hours I guess.

Did I read the news right and we're getting a guaranteed 5* 5k lapis pull after maintenance? The translation I got was a little weird and I'm not seeing anything on Reddit about it.

Syntsui

Full list of evade sources:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dodge

So an alternate (likely achievable) build for full evade for many units:

Swordbreaker (5)
Assassin's vest (10)
Lucii (25)
20-sided die (20)

Materia
Dodge (Cyan TM, 10)
Spirit of Freedom (10)
2 Shine TM (10)

yields 30 + 10 + 20 + 40 = 100

Most full evade builds require a Lucii if the unit doesn't have innate evasion.

IIRC 20-sided die can stack, so you can use another in place of Lucii and use Kiyomori instead of Swordbreaker to still reach 100.

Oh I forgot about Assassin's Vest, good call.

Is an all evade WoL even a great thing to have? I ask because I have the items necessary for the build. Just seems like it might leave him with to little of health to tank the magic hits.

Syntsui

Is an all evade WoL even a great thing to have? I ask because I have the items necessary for the build. Just seems like it might leave him with to little of health to tank the magic hits.

As long as the boss you face doesn't have MAG attacks, he will trivialize the fight defending the entire party and never getting hit.

Syntsui

Even if the boss has some MAG attacks, as long as you have the proper mitigations up it shouldn't be much of a problem (Mystair/Rikku/Garnet/9S).

creid

Tidus is awesome, man. I pulled hard for him and he's been great on my team. However, if you have a great team already, then you may not need him, but honestly, that's probably true for any character at this point.

Tidus is great with or without enhancements. It's when the other same-tier units get enhancements that he'll fall behind a bit until his.

Depends how long you plan to play BE.

Tidus got enhancement 5 months ago in JP:
(2/15/17 (Batch 6)
Emperor, Gaffgarion, King, Queen, Rosa, Soze, Tidus, Warrior of Light
Thanks for the reminders, I was pretty sure I saw some praise for him but forgot it was mostly after enhancements. Wish me luck on the rest of my pulls~

tuffymon

4 Shines/Cyan TM = 40%
2 Noctis TM = 50%
1 Kiyomori = 10%

I mean... that's pretty savage to list TWO Noctis Tm's... 1? sure I can see that, a good portion have him, but 2? How whale are you? 100% isn't always needed depending on the unit either... You could get away with 90% easily, 2 20 sided die (40 and more realistic), shines/cyan (40), kiyomori (10), and vest for (10)

Syntsui

I mean... that's pretty savage to list TWO Noctis Tm's... 1? sure I can see that, a good portion have him, but 2? How whale are you? 100% isn't always needed depending on the unit either... You could get away with 90% easily, 2 20 sided die (40 and more realistic), shines/cyan (40), kiyomori (10), and vest for (10)
No need for two, one + assassin's vest + twenty sided die will suffice.

That said, yeah 90% should be enough. The fights are not supposed to last so long that those 10% will bite you in the ass.

Kouriozan

Is the Lunera banner happening this week?

Yes.

ynD2w4d.png

tuffymon

Even without the singing bonus, gloves look cool for various resistance boosts... any singing unit? Time to make Grande good >.>; I kid

Muku

Balthier dream is dead. They will shoehorn him in a shitty random banner.

Feel like this is the way of Gumi. Take out what is relevant... find place where it doesn't fit, shoehorns it in, calls it a day. Tells us to deal with it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. daily free crystal pull is total trash.

2. FFXII banner is 100% garbage. literally the worst units we can still pull -- sabins, anzelms, faris, JEAN. wth. not one banner unit to help with the bonus. luckily i have a couple Vaans to make it go faster but this is excrutiating.

3. i'm getting the itch, guys. I need to pull, but only have 1700 lapis and am out of tickets (including the mog tickets). I need a real top-tier chainer.

4. was thinking about this last night but i actually really liked the FFX and FFXII story events. The music, the levels, all of it (except for XII's banner rates). One thing: why are the quotes in "???: words words words here" like that? Are they afraid for us to know it's Tidus and Yuna talking? Silly.

Really don't think it was meant for me to pull Ashe. Every single ticket and daily has been off banner gutter trash. (Galuf - fuck you, Wakka - fuck you, Roselia - fuck you, Golbez - bruh, Anzelm - Why are you even still on the roster?!?!!? Also daily free crystal pull is absolute hot garbage. Those lucky enough to have a .00000000005 chance of pulling a gold or even rainbow, go play the lotto as your luck is astounding.

2. FFXII banner is 100% garbage. literally the worst units we can still pull -- sabins, anzelms, faris, JEAN. wth. not one banner unit to help with the bonus. luckily i have a couple Vaans to make it go faster but this is excrutiating.

3. i'm getting the itch, guys. I need to pull, but only have 1700 lapis and am out of tickets (including the mog tickets). I need a real top-tier chainer.

4. was thinking about this last night but i actually really liked the FFX and FFXII story events. The music, the levels, all of it (except for XII's banner rates). One thing: why are the quotes in "???: words words words here" like that? Are they afraid for us to know it's Tidus and Yuna talking? Silly.

This banner only comes with servicable chainers though im sure you an leverage ashe/rasler to hit the higher numbers with the right gear

Alkez

Listening to the piano version of FF7's Main Theme while I study. Probably my most favourite FF song. I really love a lot of the piano ones though. Even though I didn't really like 13 I loved the main theme in that game too, and part 2 as well.

Anyone else have a favourite FF song?

Please Understand.

LOL

Valentus

Even without the singing bonus, gloves look cool for various resistance boosts... any singing unit? Time to make Grande good >.>; I kid

Well, if the modifiers are the same as ruggles (950 6x mod hp) (5 0.1x mod mp) a healer with 400 spr 200 mag would heal

Hp: 950 +(400x0.5 + 200x0.1)x6 = 2270/3 = 758 hp each turn

Mp: 5+ (400x0.5 + 200x0.1)x0.1 = 27/3 = 9 mp each turn

So yeah... It sucks

Yeah unless the song comes with insane buffs like the ones that Ramza provides they typically arent worth taking an entire unit off table for 3 turns

Muku

Really don't think it was meant for me to pull Ashe. Every single ticket and daily has been off banner gutter trash. (Galuf - fuck you, Wakka - fuck you, Roselia - fuck you, Golbez - bruh, Anzelm - Why are you even still on the roster?!?!!? Also daily free crystal pull is absolute hot garbage. Those lucky enough to have a .00000000005 chance of pulling a gold or even rainbow, go play the lotto as your luck is astounding.

On our dailies, just because we pull Gold doesn't mean it's not hot Garbage. Hope is the dumpster fire that comes out of them for me. And Garnet. Hot trash.

Listening to the piano version of FF7's Main Theme while I study. Probably my most favourite FF song. I really love a lot of the piano ones though. Even though I didn't really like 13 I loved the main theme in that game too, and part 2 as well.

Anyone else have a favourite FF song?

Some pieces I really like. But the one that .. even though was in an MMO, I love to pieces is Zi'tah. Can listen to it on repeat forever. I love XI music overall as well. Guess the memories are attached to them as well.

When I started again, it was amazing to run around in Zi'tah by myself and not with a leveling group. I spent a lot of time just exploring and screwing around out there.

tuffymon

I feel pretty lucky... even if it's been mostly meh... garnet, snow, gafgarion the last 3 days >.>;

Yeah unless the song comes with insane buffs like the ones that Ramza provides they typically arent worth taking an entire unit off table for 3 turns

I meant could this be used in conjunction with someone who'd normally sing already. Not using some shitty Siren song or mog song.

V, that's some nasty numbers :( I still like it for the resists...

Lyrian

Is the Lunera banner happening this week?

Yup.

No one is talking about how Lunera is launching with at least Elven Song +1 in her base kit? Ramza, who, said the devs?

Enhancement Batch 4:

-- DKC
-- Luneth

-- Refia

-- Cecil
-- Exdeath
-- Roselia? Rosa? ( Talking head said "Rosa", while the graphic showed Roselia)
-- S1 Sakura

Devs on Aigaion: Don't expect to win for a long, long time, lol. (Full JP power + Global buffs??)

Yup.

No one is talking about how Lunera is launching with at least Elven Song +1 in her base kit? Ramza, who?

Enhancement Batch 4:

-- DKC
-- Luneth

-- Refia

-- Cecil
-- Exdeath
-- Roselia (new enhancements?)
-- S1 Sakura

Devs on Aigaion: Don't expect to win for a long, long time, lol. (Full JP power + Global buffs??)

So global doesnt currently have the tools to beat it eh?

Yowsers

I fully expect the Robot to have a global exclusive buff. I wouldn't be surprised if it gains ice resist to combat Fryevia, among other things. They said they don't want people to beat it *immediately* unless they have uber teams. I mean people are still going to beat it before they have their morning coffee, but I see far more people not being able to do it immediately.

I fully expect the Robot to have a global exclusive buff. I wouldn't be surprised if it gains ice resist to combat Fryevia, among other things. They said they don't want people to beat it *immediately* unless they have uber teams. I mean people are still going to beat it before they have their morning coffee, but I see far more people not being able to do it immediately.

Its hard to believe we are already this far along

Im certainly going to take a crack at the bastard but it sucks not having Aileen to help stack the DPS as high as possible

Maybe i can abuse the spark chain android exploit somehow lol

Lyrian

So global doesnt currently have the tools to beat it eh?

Yowsers

Reddit seems to think (and I can't argue otherwise) that the chance to beat Aigaion at launch is absolute zero without pulling Lunera (as a reason to compel people to pull on the banner).

With her.... slightly above zero? But at least, there's a chance?

It's pretty scary when all of the devs + the producer are saying "Yeah, no one can really beat it, but we are launching the trial anyways. Remember that you can come back when stronger units are released." in the announcement video.

No please don't. This will be the first real test run I give her although she doesn't have her TM done yet :-(

tuffymon

They might be right, but doesn't mean that you can't try... hearing it phrased in that manner makes me want to try >.>;

tuffymon

So high dmg, st and magical aoe... no debuffs... while itll be awhile before a good majority of people start winning, id wager a few can still beat it in the first day or two...

Kouriozan

I'm watching someone doing a full summary in French of the fan fiesta, so he said first question was "Why no Balthier?"
Prepare to cry because they said
he was too strong for us at the moment.

Q2 : why no Lorraine = same as above, coming later
Q3 : why Noctis was nerfed = too strong, they are working on buffing him.
Saying there would be no more nerf because it complicate stuff to buff them later.
Q4 : will exclusive units get enhancements = well duh Elza just got some.
Q5 : will Sephiroth be there = they instantly said yes.
Q6 : Dragon Quest? = NO

I like the idea that since it's a trial boss we aren't expected to best it right away. They stay there forever so there's absolutely no rush. That said, I'll try to take it on immediately but no big deal if it's soul crushing.

Syntsui

I'm watching someone doing a full summary in French of the fan fiesta, so he said first question was "Why no Balthier?"
Prepare to cry because they said
he was too strong for us at the moment.

Goes to show how much they know about the game. Balthier if anything would need some buffs to cause any uproar here.

GG-Duo

Whew, it's good to know that I'm not alone in this. This banner has been garbage for me too. Whenever I get Gold it's all Soleil or some other useless off-banner unit.

Top Bottom