• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please direct me to where he said it. I need to see it for myself :)

http://squareportal.net/2014/12/14/...-could-arrive-to-playstation-4-at-some-point/

“Actually, the re-releases won’t be limited to Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X / X-2. Other Final Fantasy titles could arrive for the PlayStation 4 as well. We have been planning to create a great ecosystem for the series, but for now, most titles are only available for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. Also, China is getting its first home console in years and we would like bring the long-awaited masterpieces for the Chinese players as well. PlayStation 4 is the best way to make this happen now. This would also help the console sell better in the region and worldwide.”

Wasn't meant to be for you, you had it quoted and Ishared thoughts on it.

Oh I know, I didn't mean to word that as if I took any level of offense. It's all good. :)

If they were serious about preserving them they'd release them all on PC too.

They are. Type 0 and XIII series imo is just the beginning. I can see FFX/X-2 HD coming end of this year or early 2016 to Steam and this HD collection a few months after the PS4 only or PS4/One release. There would be no excuse the port is literally easy and cheap for them and the profits will roll in.

Shepard

If he wants to preserve the games he should just release them on PC, you know that platforms where games don't just become unplayable because of hardware change.
They are releasing them all on PC. Every FF released on Ps4 got a PC version, with the exception of X, and I still think it'll be announced someday. They even ported the DS ones.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Oh no....

Not again....

Yiazmat.png

NOT AGAIN.

Mcdohl

Hashimoto said the plan was to get all the Final Fantasy games up to this point onto the PS4 in an effort to better preserve the series and he doesn't seem to be bullshitting. At this point I'm expecting remakes of IV, V, VIII, and IX at least to some capacity. Perhaps it won't be some huge thing like the FFVII remake, but they'll have to do something to those.

I don't think XI will ever make it to PS4 though.

Son Of D

Indeed. I'm very curious what their game plan would be concerning those. Maybe they'd do full on remakes after FFVII remake becomes a gold mine, but like you said it may not be on that same level. Which I'd be fine with.

I'd definitely be fine with that myself if the remakes were treated with care. FFVII getting "special treatment" on the remake department isn't too much of a surprise since it's the most popular (and cherished for a lot of people) game in the series.

ViciousDS

Banned
How about they release something first lol, this happens every time. They announce so much crap and it takes forever to get it!

Nerokis

Please direct me to where he said it. I need to see it for myself :).

Here you go:

If that is the case, then at least we have Square Enix. At the same press conference in China which announced Final Fantasy X|X2 HD Remaster for the PlayStation 4, Producer Shinji Hashimoto was also asked about other future plans for the series on Sony’s newest console. Hashimoto replied that Square Enix would not stop with this release.

“Actually, not limited to just X/X-2, we’re currently thinking of setting [a way] to have other past Final Fantasy titles playable on the PS4. Most of our Final Fantasy assets go up until the PS3, while most of the world has rapidly been shifting towards the PS4.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/12/18/square-enix-wants-to-bring-more-final-fantasy-games-to-ps4/

Edit: I knew I'd be super late. My phone browsing skills could use refinement. :p

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They are. Type 0 and XIII series imo is just the beginning. I can see FFX/X-2 HD coming end of this year or early 2016 to Steam and this HD collection a few months after the PS4 only or PS4/One release. There would be no excuse the port is literally easy and cheap for them and the profits will roll in.

XIII series still haven't been finished...

Blanquito

Hmm... I'm one of the few that didn't really enjoy this game the first time I tried it. Vaan just rubbed me the wrong way.

But I do love me some RPGs. So... Maybe I'll get it?

Ahnez

Oh no....

Not again....

Yiazmat.png

NOT AGAIN.

Its much better in IZJS, as you can increase the battle speed and the 4-digit cap was removed

But it also added one of the most difficulty bosses in the series

The five judges at the same time

Hmm... I'm one of the few that didn't really enjoy this game the first time I tried it. Vaan just rubbed me the wrong way.

But I do love me some RPGs. So... Maybe I'll get it?

Just ignore Vaan and you'll eventually love the other casts of the game.
He's not the main character.

I think we are saw this coming after the success of FFX HD Remaster.

It will be out next year for the 10th Anniversary.... Can't wait for the first official footage.

omgggg the dream is real ;_;

so fucking hyped. in my top 3 FFs and always in the running for #1.

pls be international edition

Mawarup

Neo Member
AHH SO EXCITED... The only final fantasy game where I have put in 300+ hours for some odd reason when I look back on my save files. Looking forward to playing this again with all the IZJS additions.

Teletraan1

Banned
Cant wait. More excited for this remaster than the FFVII remake. I hope and expect the zodiac job stuff to be added. I was going to play this again with emulators but I will wait if this is a straight up remaster like FFX/X-2. PS4 day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom