• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

They are releasing them all on PC. Every FF released on Ps4 got a PC version, with the exception of X, and I still think it'll be announced someday. They even ported the DS ones.

Yeah I'll believe that when it happens. Been waiting ages for the games to actually hit but nothing happens. Nah, they'll release them after they release it on another dedicated and then pick up the rest with a PC release.

But even if I agree with you and wish they where on PC. Just don't believe it'll happen.

Thank you very much.

BumRush

Has to be a remaster right? No sense in announcing a full on remake right now with everything else SE have going on...

Dawg

Aww come on. You gotta have unwavering faith! For Ivalice!

Hey, I'd love a full remake... it's always better than a simple remaster. But we all know how much longer a remake would take. How much extra resources they would need. A remaster is a much quicker development process, especially since Square is also working on XV, KH3 and VIIR.

Honestly, I'm just glad XII is happening in HD.

MUnited83

For you.
WAIT DON'T YOU FREAKING DO THIS TO ME!? IS IT A REMAKE OR JUST A REMASTERING!?

It's a remaster, and that is pretty damn fine, if it includes the Zodiac content. The absolutely doesn't need a remake at all. It is already a ridiculously good-looking game.

Yeah I'll believe that when it happens. Been waiting ages for the games to actually hit but nothing happens. Nah, they'll release them after they release it on another dedicated and then pick up the rest with a PC release.

But even if I agree with you and wish they where on PC. Just don't believe it'll happen.

As of now, there are more Final Fantasy games on PC than the PS4.
If we're talking about the future, who knows?

Nerokis

Aww come on. You gotta have unwavering faith! For Ivalice!

I don't even want a remake. I'd be disappointed if they passed on the opportunity to bring a ridiculously gorgeous, refined, IZJS edition of the game to modern hardware, and instead decided to remake the game from scratch. It'd take much longer to come out, and it probably wouldn't even be as good.

Yeah, it's extremely, extremely likely it's just a remaster, but technically the word "remake" was said, so until it's said otherwise, we can't just assume and change the title to remaster.

Sure, but what in the hell are the chances of them fully remaking Final Fantasy XII. They're already doing VII and XV and KH3, I mean... logic.

I also think the word "remake" can apply to several things. If you're reworking something, you're kind of remaking it but that doesn't mean "complete overhaul."

Skeff

Hopefully ps4/vita cross buy but I doubt it. If it's on vita though it really is becoming the ultimate FF machine.

G2eAIIY.jpg

Man, I'd be without words. It would be scary 'cause it could mean unwelcome changes, but I'd be pretty intrigued. I could never see it happening, though.

That would be crazier than the FFVII remake announcement, simply because it would be absurd to remake that game considering how utterly unnecessary it'd be.

Soltype

Part of XII's soundtrack was already orchestral, plus I don't think every new version of a game needs an orchestrated version of the soundtrack. I already like the sound of original videogame soundtracks.

The whole soundtrack was orchestrated, sakimoto just used high quality samples.I was saying they could use an actual orchestra this time, it'd only be a quality boost.

The whole soundtrack was orchestrated, sakimoto just used high quality samples.I was saying they could use an actual orchestra this time, it'd only be a quality boost.

By orchestral you do mean like with instruments (trumpets, flutes, etc), right? Maybe our definition of orchestral is different.

Vire

Thank you Jesus. Oh my god yeeeeees.

I hope the they fix the horrible audio quality on the voice acting.

Yeah, but sadly I didn't play that version... I played the one that was released.

He's not the main in the one you played either. XII has no real main character. Shit, it feels like they forgot about the story about halfway into the game, but at least it has the best battle system in the series.

Son Of D

What can they improve graphic-wise? Will they make this PCSX2ed FFXII with a texture pack?

FFX HD had new models for the playable characters, so it's possible that we'll get updated models for XII. That plus improving textures and maybe even reducing draw distance would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom