• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

on the one hand, ffxii was a great game and since i lost my copy, i'll probably pick this up at some point.

On the other hand, this remake situation is getting fucking ridiculous.

Yeah I'll believe that when it happens. Been waiting ages for the games to actually hit but nothing happens. Nah, they'll release them after they release it on another dedicated and then pick up the rest with a PC release.

But even if I agree with you and wish they where on PC. Just don't believe it'll happen.

What? Type 0 PC is releasing literally 5 months after consoles, if we add that math then FFX should be announce for PC and coming in October or December, but since LR PC got delayed and is likely to release in October then earliest for FFX PC would be Jan/Feb 2016

on the one hand, ffxii was a great game and since i lost my copy, i'll probably pick this up at some point.

It won't be a remake. They're just going to redo it in HD and probably bring over the international content. I don't think that's ridiculous.

ezekial45

Banned
The BEST FF game gets the remaster it deserves.

Fucking incredible. I hope they bring over the International version, while still giving the option to play in the OG mode.

Faustek

What? Type 0 PC is releasing literally 5 months after consoles, if we add that math then FFX should be announce for PC and coming in October or December, but since LR PC got delayed and is likely to release in October then earliest for FFX PC would be Jan/Feb 2016

This post did not refute anything I wrote. Read it again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck. I'll buy a PS4 for this, assuming it's not on XB1.

~Kinggi~

Banned
SE embraced steam with FF 13 (still waiting for fucking Lightning Returns damnit) so i wonder why FF X HD hasnt come over yet. And this one too i hope.

Vire

I don't need anymore remasters or remakes anymore. I got a Journey and now I'm getting this... I can finally sleep soundly.

Ah man this is the best news.

Se'kami

Neo Member
Was also in the audience (@lanxner). He motioned to Sakimoto when saying this. Reaction was a mix of cheers and "HUH?" Still really shocked.

Soltype

By orchestral you do mean like with instruments (trumpets, flutes, etc), right? Maybe our definition of orchestral is different.

Sort of,I mean it was made for an orchestra.They're all orchestral pieces, he just didn't have access to an orchestra.

However, a FFXII Remaster is necessary because the NA version didn't have the Zodiac job system and all the extra content. That's hours and hours of content plus a huge gameplay mechanic that I've missed. Think of how the KH Remixes contained the Final Mix versions and FFX|X-2 HD containing the International editions.

johntown

Banned
Not sure if I will get this. I will most likely wait for a PC release unless it is like FFX with only on play station. If that is the case I will pick it up for PS4.....if I get it.

Jarnet87

I might jump on it way down the line if its 5 or 10 bucks. It was the most mundane of any Final Fantasy I played but feel like it deserves another playthrough.

However, a FFXII Remaster is necessary because the NA version didn't have the Zodiac job system and all the extra content. That's hours and hours of content plus a huge gameplay mechanic that I've missed. Think of how the KH Remixes contained the Final Mix versions and FFX|X-2 HD containing the International editions.

What are all those differences by the way? XII while a great game had some major issues when it came to loot, summons, rare drops, and the story becoming absent half way through. I heard you're locked into the job you pick at the beginning of the Zodiac version. Is that true? If so, I'd like to see it switchable during the course of the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wish these remakes would come out on PC. I'm assume this will be PS3/4 and Vita again?

silva1991

For thing for sure, I'm not looking forward to farming the grand armor out of this bitch lol

XII_darkmare_render.png

I would rather fight Yiazmat instead since it will probably be less frustrating :p

Sort of,I mean it was made for an orchestra.They're all orchestral pieces, he just didn't have access to an orchestra.

Yeah but this is the case for many game soundtracks. Doing a full orchestra for that quantity of music is very difficult. With film scores composers write a few hours worth of music if that, usually between 70 and 90 minutes (or more, depending on the film) but game soundtracks are just ridiculously massive-- well, I should say RPG soundtracks. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is something of a huge undertaking.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is a remaster i've been wanting to see for a while. Update the game models(the originals look terrible and boxy) update the textures and go to 1080p with some decent AA and you've got yourself a sale!

Also international version plz.

dorkkaos

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

SO EXCITED! I hope this is real. Hope it's the IZJS, and hope the camera controls are changeable hahah.

Ray Down

Banned
What are all those differences by the way? XII while a great game had some major issues when it came to loot, summons, rare drops, and the story becoming absent half way through.

If I remember right its mostly the license board.

Basically instead of everyone being able to use everything thing, each charterer is more job like. Limiting which weapons and maybe abilities they can get but there more unique and possibly stronger.

Someone who has actually played the ZE could explain it better.

What are all those differences by the way? XII while a great game had some major issues when it came to loot, summons, rare drops, and the story becoming absent half way through.

I don't know all the differences, but you can read them up here. Espers can be controlled and you can assign gambits to them, too. I also remembered a self-casted Reverse spell lasts way longer in the Zodiac version.

benzy

No re-modelling the faces using non-SE people, please...

ooijkaamj.jpg

XII still looks perfect. Just make it high-res.

tumblr_mcd0uvoZB11rh9i5co9_500.gif

Really hope there's a Vita version. I'd like to play this on the go because my hectic schedule I don't game much on TV anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom