• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition launches January 23, 2020. Has cross play and cross save

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and iOS and Android devices worldwide on January 23, 2020, Square Enix announced.

In Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch for 4,800 yen, and for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play for 2,800 yen. The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free to a certain extent. PlayStation Store pre-orders include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.

New features in the Remastered Edition include:

• Online multiplayer for up to four players.
  • Play across different platforms with the cross-play function.
  • Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function (via).
  • Added challenging new post-game dungeons and bosses.
  • Added new variant character skins for each tribe.
  • Added new items to equip.
  • Newly recorded theme songs “Kaze no Ne” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae.
  • Newly recorded narration.
  • Newly recorded character voices.

The Shepard

I'm supprised but happy with the cross save and cross play function, will get it on PS4 and switch. At least this time I won't need 4 gba's and 4 cables.

-Arcadia-

Banned
  • Transfer save data across platforms with the cross-progressive function (via).
Wow! This is above and beyond. I wasn’t even expecting the announcement of basic online play, let alone all of this.

I loved this game, but I also understood that that was a fairly unique position, and this a fairly forgotten game, outside of the DS sequels, which saw much more success. I’m shocked, and excited to see the game getting this much love from Square Enix.

sublimit

Banned
I bought the original sometime back in 2008 (one of the very few GC games that i have) and i remember playing this solo for a few hours and quite liking the concept but it was obviously ahead of its time back when it first came out since it desparetely needed an online mode. I will definitely get the remaster!

buizel

Banned
As someone who played this alot back in the day with the full setup - awesome, shame someone has to carry the miasma though still i guess?

Wow! This is above and beyond. I wasn’t even expecting the announcement of basic online play, let alone all of this.

I loved this game, but I also understood that that was a fairly unique position, and this a fairly forgotten game, outside of the DS sequels, which saw much more success. I’m shocked, and excited to see the game getting this much love from Square Enix.

The DS games were awesome - definately more fully realized Gauntlet/Diablo-style games than the GC one.

-Arcadia-

Banned
As someone who played this alot back in the day with the full setup - awesome, shame someone has to carry the miasma though still i guess?

The DS games were awesome - definately more fully realized Gauntlet/Diablo-style games than the GC one.

True, but thematically, they never recaptured the magic of the GC one. The gorgeous music and for-the-time visuals, the storybook narration to each level, and the feel of the world itself, amongst other things, made this game feel special to me in a way the others never did.

D.Final

Banned

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and iOS and Android devices worldwide on January 23, 2020, Square Enix announced.

In Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch for 4,800 yen, and for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play for 2,800 yen. The iOS and Android versions can be downloaded and played for free to a certain extent. PlayStation Store pre-orders include a special PlayStation 4 theme featuring artwork from the original game and the physical edition box artwork as a bonus.

New features in the Remastered Edition include:

Great news :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
I hope for a physical edition.

Thabass

I love all of this, but I do wish there was a PC release. Regardless, this is a Switch game for me and I can't wait for it.

So does this mean I can play this at home on ps4 and then pick it up on my iPhone when out and about? That kind of thing would be pretty awesome!

Vawn

Banned
images

Orenji Neko

I remember picking this up on its Japanese release since I happened to be in Japan at the time on business. Got a loader disc or whatever to play on my US GameCube once I got home.

Pretty decent or ok game for the most part. As mentioned, the AI was stupid so I got those GBA cables for my kids to play with me (would have preferred just plugging in additional GameCube controllers that we already had sitting right there though).

Yumi

How is the class system as far as depth and abilities? Do you need a party of certain classes to suceed in late game?

Top Bottom