• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV Official Sequel Announced. . .for CELL PHONES. Megaton, no--POOPTON

Basch

I'm starting to think that they will port this to the DS later. This may have something to do with the Final Fantasy IV remake that was released not too long ago. :D

White Man

gkrykewy said:
Hey, they're porting that Front Mission mobile game to DS, so there's hope, right? RIGHT???

Even still, it's a game designed for a cell phone first and foremost, so I'm not expecting it to be something most of us here at GAF would even want to play.

SappYoda

Wollan said:
Looking forward to Vagrant Story 2 on mobile.
darth_vader_nooo.jpeg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Mobile wins again :lol

if Kaz is smart he should know that this time is the best time for da mighty and za magnificent PLAYSTATION®MOBILE ( srsly ) mobile gaming is the next big thing in japan , so why not .

at least if there was a Playstation Mobile americans and europeans and other gamers well had the chance to play games like Kingdom Hearts Coded , Parasite Eve 3 and this one , not just japanese with funky cell phones .

Tiktaalik

Ahhh fuck you Square. I hate cell phone gaming so much. Especially when it's on awesome Japanese cellphones that we'll never get.

FUCK.

tanod

when is my burrito
Totobeni said:
Mobile wins again :lol

if Kaz is smart he should know that this time is the best time for da mighty and za magnificent PLAYSTATION®MOBILE ( srsly ) mobile gaming is the next big thing in japan , so why not .

at least if there was a Playstation Mobile americans and europeans and other gamers well had the chance to play games like Kingdom Hearts Coded , Parasite Eve 3 and this one , not just japanese with funky cell phones .

They were really smart to launch the PSP when they did. They would have otherwise been completely irrelevant as a hardware company in Japan for most of 2006 and 2007.

Brelston

I don't think frail human bodies are meant for such intense emotions in a short period of time. Reading "Final Fantasy IV sequel" sent my heart racing and hopes into the stratosphere, then "CELL PHONES" sent everything crashing into an arid, lifeless desert. It's like they WANT to piss everyone off.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
White Man said:
Even still, it's a game designed for a cell phone first and foremost, so I'm not expecting it to be something most of us here at GAF would even want to play.

Not to mention we actually have competition instead of the massive monopoly DoCoMo has over Japan.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
avaya said:
I for one welcome our new NTT DoCoMo overlords.

NTT DoCoMo to be the new evil empire and Masao Nakamura will be the new ""krazy"" and most hated person of video games .

Amir0x said:
good to see another Final Fantasy game in development, there's not enough of those on SquareEnix's strategy
How many do they have in development now? An amount equal to the total number of games the series has seen???

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Do any of their mobile games turn out good?

Anyway, I think we all know where the FFVII remake is going now.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hcoregamer00 said:
Damn you square.

The next thing you know the FFVII remake will be announced for Cell Phones also.

Bitches.....

This just in, FF VII remake to be on the TI-84 calculator!

I would actually love to see that happen, just for the reactions

gkrykewy said:
Hey, they're porting that Front Mission mobile game to DS, so there's hope, right? RIGHT???

Probably, but don't you think they might be doing us a favour if this sequel has low standards (it wont be as great as FF IV im betting), If you make a direct sequel it should be amazing... and nothing less

Amir0x

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
How many do they have in development now? An amount equal to the total number of games the series has seen???

In the past few years, released/announced...

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy vsXIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII Agito
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)
FFVI Advance (GBA)
FFV Advance (GBA)
Final Fantasy Anniversary (PSP)
Final Fantasy Anniversary II (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers (DS)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 2 (Wii)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles WiiWare (Wii)
Final Fantasy: Advent Children (Blu-Ray Edition)
Chocobo no Fushigi no Dungeon: Toki Wasure No Meikyuu (Wii)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
Final Fantasy IVre (DS)
Final Fantasy IV sequel CELLPHONE

I think we can expect Final Fantasy V or VI remake or both as well, just for starters.

Duderz

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

But seriously, fuck you Square. You're not even a shell of your former self - more of a joke now then anything else.

:lol
what a great thread. before the thread title change this was the gaf equivalent of a tranny surprise.

well, at least this shows they're open to making other iterations of the sfc final fantasys now. i.e., FF6-2 is invetiable -- which is something i always wanted to see. but, er... not for CELL PHONES.

Kosma

Banned
Smart move from SE, they couldn't ignore the highly succesful mobile phone platform any longer. Only a matter of time before other devs realize where the money is and put their talent to work on this platform. Yeah the graphics may be simple, but in the end it's all about gameplay and install base of the hardware.

i wouldn't mind mobile gaming so much if the games were playable. i don't know if the button panels of japanese cell phones are any different but besides puzzle games you literally cannot play that shit.

i bought mega man 2 for my cell the other day and i couldn't even get past the first screen on metal man's stage

Kosma

Banned
How is this stupid? Mobile phones have a bigger install base then the DS, so it's only a logical move.

I thought this is what everybody wanted right? Moving projects to the most successful platform.

Diablos

Man, they really are whoring out Final Fantasy. Sakaguchi must be so happy that he has nothing to do with Square anymore.

oo Kosma oo said:
How is this stupid? Mobile phones have a bigger install base then the DS, so it's only a logical move.

I thought this is what everybody wanted right? Moving projects to the most successful platform.

i understand what you're saying. but by that logic, PC is arguably "the most successful platform" as well.

DQX for pc CONFIRMED

Top Bottom