• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC & Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
To note on the side, anyone who doesn't know, Zidane's outfit is also coming to FFXIV as a veteran reward.

I wonder what caused them to suddenly pay more attention to FFIX. Always seemed to me like it was a little bit overlooked in comparison to the other mainline entries.

Today I learned that Zidane's name is apparently supposed to be pronounced with a hard T.

duckroll

Looks like a really, really good port. Too bad it's for the worst PS1 FF. The low-resolution of the pre-rendered backgrounds really stand out though.

Azuardo

スマホ版『FFVII』などにも搭載された“ブースト機能”を用いれば、“エンカウントなし”や”ギルMAX”といったことも可能に。純粋にストーリーだけを楽しみたい人には嬉しい機能だ。

The Famitsu article mentions it has it but the screenshots don't show it.

Oh this has made my day, thank you.

Yarbskoo

So, this year we got from SE:

- World of Final Fantasy
- FF VII Remake
- Nier 2 (made by Platinum)
- FF IX on PC
- Published Life is Strange

Guys, SE is back, with a revengance.

Those are great announcements, but I'll wait until I can actually play them before I consider having much faith in Square.

Y2y8yM0.gif

Fu** yeah!

Trance mode!

04vU7rU.png

...Trance is kind of freaky.

notaskwid

FF9 was a very ugly game on PS1. The IQ was a downgrade from FF8 but thanks to the HD upressing and anti-aliasing - it looks like the best version now.

3X Speed will also fix the awful gameplay.

So the only remaining issue is the superficial story and characters.
What? It's with Chrono Cross the best looking PS1 game.

And to all saying that 2015 is the year of dreams, the port was announced after midnight (in japan) :p

Which of the mainline Final Fantasy games haven't made it to PC yet?

X and XII I believe are the last now. XV if you want to count it, I suppose, but it seems likely.
What? It's with Chrono Cross the best looking PS1 game.
Yeah I think it looks very good. TBF, though, if you're playing with a poor set up it can easily turn in to a blurry mess. But I would say the same of VIII, so idk.

Shahed

Looks like a really, really good port. Too bad it's for the worst PS1 FF. The low-resolution of the pre-rendered backgrounds really stand out though.
Technical issues like the slowness and loading times is what made it the worst Final Fantasy on PS1 for me. It was a really good game hampered by the chore the battles became.

If the port fixes those then it makes the game a lot better. Sure the queuing actions in battles will still be there, but it shouldn't take an eternity anymore

Trago

*points finger*

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I'll take Zidane Tribal trying to hit on Garnett, pissing off Steiner, cheering up Vivi, and leading the crew over Cloud's 'not interested', and Sqwall's 'whatever' any day!

Mohasus

How am I supposed to skip cutscenes if I can't open the PS1 disc tray?

Hopefully No Encounters + High Speed Mode are enough to get Excalibur II.

Momentary

Banned
You can definitely tell that DotEmu had nothing to do with this port. This probably going to end up being the 2nd best selling FF title on STEAM a few months after release.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Best PS1 FF!

Will buy it on PC, and will buy it again on PS4/Vita if I have to. This game is worth double dipping for.

X and XII I believe are the last now. XV if you want to count it, I suppose, but it seems likely.

Yeah I think it looks very good. TBF, though, if you're playing with a poor set up it can easily turn in to a blurry mess. But I would say the same of VIII, so idk.

1, 2, 10, and 12 (and X-2 if you wanna count that).

Cool. I'm actually surprised I doesn't have one yet, it seems to have the most ports in general.

Final Fantasy 1 and 2.
Yeah, I forgot the PSP ports havent made it over yet.
The "jaggies" drove me insane on the PS1 version.
I take it you're not a huge fan of the PSX's graphics in general, then?
Menu comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/ck8OvEp.jpg [ /IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QwJ0gcD.jpg [ /IMG][/QUOTE]
Not crazy about that font, but that's a personal thing. It looks much nicer to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom