• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX Steam store page is up. Releasing before FF15

impact

Banned
Really? I have no memory of it, really I feel like 7 has the side stuff people talk about, but that's unfair because 7 is much more popular.
Outside of the ps1 trilogy what other games did good side stuff?

XII has some good side stuff

Nightbird

If my Laptop was still functional I would jump on it day one, since this one seems to be the FF I could get myself to finish.

ZeroX03

Banned
It looked like the movies were sharper in the trailer. So they kept the movies but didn't have all the background images? Odd but I'm glad for any improvements.

Go_Ly_Dow

Really? I have no memory of it, really I feel like 7 has the side stuff people talk about, but that's unfair because 7 is much more popular.
Outside of the ps1 trilogy what other games did good side stuff?

He's right. The side content in FFIX in incredible.

Beginning with Chocobo's forest.

It all unlocks so much extra stuff in the game and links together very nicely.

He's right. The side content in FFIX in incredible.

Beginning with Chocobo's forest.

It all unlocks so much extra stuff in the game and links together very nicely.

Chocobo Hot and Cold will suck hours from your life.

Hours.

Signed,
A Chocobo Hot and Cold addict.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member

OmegaDL50

Yeah cause clearly a game that came out 15 years ago is the same as a 2 years old game.

Clearly.

Sigh.

RuinKaos quoted another post from another user that implied SE would sell FF9 on Steam for $30.

That was his point. Unless you are expecting an older FF game released on Steam to be more expensive then one of the more newer releases?

Gaz_RB

Oh boy. Those screenshots brought back some serious memories. FF9 has always been my favorite, so you know I'll be picking this one up.

Yeah cause clearly a game that came out 15 years ago is the same as a 2 years old game.

Clearly.

Sigh.

ieXB5jN.png

I'm guessing $15 with a discount on the first week.

Anyway, am I the only one who's planning to not use the new speed up feature?
I personally didn't have any problem playing the original speed, and I've replayed the game lots of times.

The fact that you can completely disable random encounters makes this release amazing. You could probably beat every boss at level 1 like you can in a lot of jRPG's.

Unfortunately, the backgrounds look like they've been blurred/smoothed and they look pretty bad as a result.

BONKERS

The new upscaled backgrounds look like garbage. Not because of the upscaling, but look at the tile seams. WTF is this?
asefasdcopy.jpg

I found a copy of one of the backgrounds from the game and upscaled it myself in less than a few minutes with less disastrous results.
upsace.png

Just taking a 240p screenshot and doing the same doesn't have the same issues.
jhkljhlk.png

I don't get it. They make the first port of this game ever, and once again they are lazy and incompetent. How hard would it be to spend some time with a team of artists to draw over the old backgrounds in true high resolution? It's going to sell no matter what FFS. It's so irritating. If we got a proper HD version of VII-VIII with the models upgraded, the UIs made in higher resolution and the backgrounds drawn in true high resolution. I wouldn't ever need to ask for a remake.

Do we know the system requirements for it? I'm bad with computer.

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS or ATI Radeon HD4650 or higher
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectSound® compatible sound card(DirectX®9.0c or later)

Recommended:
Processor: Core i5 2520 2.5GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM

Quite high for a PS1 game. And DX11, lol.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Tip for new players: There is no need to max level for the superboss. A decent level of 70s or 80s is fine and you can go even lower. It really just comes down to a little luck.

System Requirements

Minimum:

Recommended:

Well damn, hype killed a little. Looks like I won't be able to play this until I can afford a new computer.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
System Requirements

Minimum:

Recommended:

Thanks! I think I meet the minimum.

Core 2 Duo 2.53ghz
4GB RAM
GeForce 9600M GS

But I think I'll wait for a hopeful PS4 version so that I don't make any compromises. My processor ain't exactly an i5.

Thanks! I think I meet the minimum.

Core 2 Duo 2.53ghz
4GB RAM
GeForce 9600M GS

But I think I'll wait for a hopeful PS4 version so that I don't make any compromises. My processor ain't exactly an i5.

Don't look at the brand, look at the ghz.
Your PC will do just fine.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I don't get it. They make the first port of this game ever, and once again they are lazy and incompetent. How hard would it be to spend some time with a team of artists to draw over the old backgrounds in true high resolution?

lol, your understanding of this is a bit....weak. It would take a lot, actually.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yikes .. those are some ludicrous requirements, especially the 20GB part. Seems like they're doing lossless versions of the videos ..

sora87

I really hope this comes out PS4 solely because it's one of the very few games I would platinum. I will play it on Steam though, any excuse to replay the best FF and one of the best games ever in general.

Top Bottom