• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hesitant in creating Fira and Fire Strike right now since I am targeting other abilities with those orbs... I have a feeling that I might be able to breeze through the event without those abilities.

StMeph

Not all 1* stuff is vendor trash. 1* Rod maxed out at 3* is stronger than the 4* Light Rod from Octomammoth if you're in a IV dungeon. Unless I have something that is both better *and* of the same affinity, I keep it.

Oh wow. I wasn't expecting this. Thanks.

Caerith

I remember reading it's worth using Tyro up to a certain point because leveling him gets you access to something special?

One of his soul breaks (from some rare relic) buffs the entire party's defense. I've seen some people suggest saving mythril until that's the featured rare relic because apparently it's really useful.

Editsville:

If you want to be spoiled, the Chrysalis wiki is kinda alright. At least, the character page is kinda useful for seeing who's coming up and what they can do. Tyro gets
two additional soul breaks tied to different relics-- Healing Grimoire gives him a party heal, and Ironwall Grimoire gives him a party defense buff.
Just looking over what the other characters get, some of their relics seem better than others-- I'd rather go for a soul break that gives unique buffs than one that just does damage.

Negator

Oh Jesus, guess I'll spend my stamina. My heart broke in this.

Heh. We'll probably go through this every week. Same thing happened last week.

Guess I'm prepared...

dZYT5ZL.jpeg

Kitoro

I agree to a point. However there's nothing wrong with throwing a small amount their way for a game you enjoy.

I'd throw a small amount their way right now, since I've got 46 crystals and am itching for a 11 pull for 50, but they only let me buy gems, of which I have zero.

Why on earth are they separating paid and earned premium currencies like this?

They lost a sale from me over it.

This Shrina crap is starting to get to me lol, still have quiet a bit of floors left and my party is mid - late teens and it's a battle to keep going.

Ryker

Just barely mastered the Shinra building today, by chance, just to find out there's a new event starting today, so yay!? I can't wait.:) Making tons of progress, patience really does pay off with this game.

I'd throw a small amount their way right now, since I've got 46 crystals and am itching for a 11 pull for 50, but they only let me buy gems, of which I have zero.

The only thing i can think of is so that paid transactions can have different drop rates. I've tried, but I really can't think of another reason to segregate the currency.

So people don't get the 2 mixed up. This pretty much the standard with F2P games.

Started the Shinra event yesterday. I've cleared 60 floors now, and so far everything is fairly easy. Flying enemy on level 60 wasn't too bad because I had Rydia loaded with Thundara.

The most challenging part so far is working around the stamina, although I expect the next 2 sections will be harder. Party is mid 20s.

1. Blind (Dark Attack, rarely works) and Poison Rufus.
2. Kill the dog
3. Kill Rufus

No particular weakness, just bring whatever brings the damage + has enough uses to sustain you through the fight.

Thanks for the heads up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'll probably split my time between the new event and Shinra. My party's still around 20-25 and I can't get past the floor 60 boss. No good long range weapon and Rydia can only cast Thundara 4 times.

StMeph

Started the Shinra event yesterday. I've cleared 60 floors now, and so far everything is fairly easy. Flying enemy on level 60 wasn't too bad because I had Rydia loaded with Thundara.

The most challenging part so far is working around the stamina, although I expect the next 2 sections will be harder. Party is mid 20s.

Should be easily Master-able in the mid-20s, but you have about 15 minutes before the Shinra event is over and we get a new one.

Edit: Oh, Shinra will still be available?

Caerith

I'll probably split my time between the new event and Shinra. My party's still around 20-25 and I can't get past the floor 60 boss. No good long range weapon and Rydia can only cast Thundara 4 times.

The new event will be a good place to get Kain and Rydia some levels at least, which should give you the edge to finish the flying bosses in Shinra. (By the way, get Jump for Kain. Two Jumps, a Double Jump, and 4 Thundaras should be enough to kill either flying boss.)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Should be easily Master-able in the mid-20s, but you have about 15 minutes before the Shinra event is over and we get a new one.

Edit: Oh, Shinra will still be available?

Isn't Shinra until 4/11?

The new event will be a good place to get Kain and Rydia some levels at least, which should give you the edge to finish the flying bosses in Shinra. (By the way, get Jump for Kain. Two Jumps, a Double Jump, and 4 Thundaras should be enough to kill either flying boss.)

Where can I farm the orbs to make Jump?

Umi88

yay, finished the shinra event!.. just in time to try the new event (in ~8min), best of luck to people that still have to finish it, 2-3 more days to do it ! :p

Caerith

Isn't Shinra until 4/11?

Where can I farm the orbs to make Jump?
You need 5 Lesser Power, 3 Lesser Lightning, and 3 Lesser Wind, and you can get them from various levels in FFVI. This spreadsheet might help narrow it down for you.

Yay got Sephiroth barely. Now which floors of Shinra Tower are good to farm? :eek:
36-40. Floor 40 (boss floor) gives really good exp per stam, making that dungeon one of the better leveling places for your FFVII trio.

Man I wish I had started caring more about this game last week, stupid stamina gauge and work makes me feel like I'm on a ticking timer till death D:

Caerith

Oh, PSA I guess: the free relic draw reset when the event went live. Be sure to claim your 1* hammer or whatever.

Also, there seem to be two different rare draws going on. I guess you can pick one and get different odds depending?

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't see the point in hoarding 2star stuff when it's so easily farmed. I'd rather clear out inventory and use the resources/gil for now.

Ryker

I see the first three parts of the dungeon give Power Wrists for help with the FFVII-Shinra event, if you still haven't done it.

Did anyone else get a free mythril from the FFRK team or was that for beating the Shinra event earlier?

Oh, PSA I guess: the free relic draw reset when the event went live. Be sure to claim your 1* hammer or whatever.

Also, there seem to be two different rare draws going on. I guess you can pick one and get different odds depending?

I was under the impression the common draw and rare draw pull from the same field, the only difference is that a rare draw removes all 1 and 2 stars from the pot. All the items being advertised just have a boosted chance of being obtained

Caerith

I see the first three parts of the dungeon give Power Wrists for help with the FFVII-Shinra event, if you still haven't done it.

Did anyone else get a free mythril from the FFRK team or was that for beating the Shinra event earlier?
I got a free mythril also.

I was under the impression the common draw and rare draw pull from the same field, the only difference is that a rare draw removes all 1 and 2 stars from the pot. All the items being advertised just have a boosted chance of being obtained
I mean on the relic screen there's a button for the rare pull with Cecil stuff and another for a rare pull with Tifa stuff. Like, why two buttons?

JNA

Banned
Holy crap at the amount of FFVII items this new dungeon gives you.

I was hoping FFIV gear considering its an IV dungeon but ah well.

Anybody know how the two new characters are? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom