• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
I've been looking at future characters, stats, and skills. What's the deal with Vanille? She has the stats of a mage or healer, but can't use magic. She has monk and combat skills, but an awful attack stat, and no access to strong weapons, only daggers, rods, and staves.

I think we have a contender for the single worst character in the game right there, besides the generic classes.

Kitoro

I've been looking at future characters, stats, and skills. What's the deal with Vanille? She has the stats of a mage or healer, but can't use magic. She has monk and combat skills, but an awful attack stat, and no access to strong weapons, only daggers, rods, and staves.

I think we have a contender for the single worst character in the game right there, besides the generic classes.

Out of curiosity, which are some of the best ones? I'm assuming there's no tier list or anything yet?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds just like how she was in the game! Only pre-l'cie with only that useless fishinh rod/whip thing.

Also, I think one disadvantage of going for the 50 mythril draw is the possibility of infinite bad luck. What if all 11 draws turn out to be lousy :p At least you let your bad luck trickle down slowly if you do the mythril draw over time :p

New event is really easy after leveling so much for the shinra event...I think they released these in the wrong order.
The mythril and accessories are welcome though ;)

Finally have enough Mythril for a 11 for 10 Relic pull. I like Cecil a lot, but I don't know if I wanna try it now or wait for another event. Hmmmm....

Anyone have a list of the order of the Japanese events? Might give some indication of what to expect soon. (Even though we've already started differently.)

Wazzy

Banned
Starting event now and good amount of mythril from it so far. I'm going to keep saving my mythril for Revolver whenever they release it plus Squall.

I'm breezing through this.

Starting event now and good amount of mythril from it so far. I'm going to keep saving my mythril for Revolver whenever they release it plus Squall.

I'm breezing through this.
I don't know if I'll have the self control. As soon as the FFVII relic events end I know I'll want to cash in. O_O

I'm gonna try and dig up a timetable for the Japanese version.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't know if I'll have the self control. As soon as the FFVII relic events end I know I'll want to cash in. O_O

I'm gonna try and dig up a timetable for the Japanese version.
I'm crazy when it comes to VIII so even though I'll want to spend all of it I'm going to force myself not to. xD

I feel like an VIII event will happen soon because it's pretty popular in the west and it seems that's what their release order is based off.

I'm crazy when it comes to VIII so even though I'll want to spend all of it I'm going to force myself not to. xD

I feel like an VIII event will happen soon because it's pretty popular in the west and it seems that's what they're release order is based off.

Found a list of the Japanese events. Might give us an idea of what to expect, though as you said, they might adjust it for US popularity. (I'm sure that's why we got FFVII stuff first.) Though that means any FFII stuff would be even further away, since it's the outcast of the main series. ;_;
They haven't even done a FFII event in Japan yet.

2014 Events
Challenge: The Light that Pierces the Darkness (FF4)
Challenge: The Ambition of Shinra and the Legend Reborn (FF7)
Collection: Countdown to Destruction (FF7)
Challenge: Assault! The Demon of River Lethe!? (FF6)
Survival: Infiltrate the Magitek Research Facility (FF6)
Collection: The Rampaging Fire Crystal (FF5)
Challenge: Assassination Plan of the Witch Edea (FF8)
Survival: The Pulse Fal'Cie (FF13)
Challenge: Collect the Legendary Treasures (FF6)
Challenge: Dispute with Shinra (FF7)
Challenge: Mi'ihen Session (FF10)

2015 Events
Seasonal: Otoshidama Dungeon (New Year's)
Challenge: Balamb Garden (FF8)
Challenge: Queen of Alexandria (FF9)
Challenge: The Light that Pierces the Darkness (Reissue) (FF4)
Challenge: Break into the Dreadnought Leviathan (FF12)
Challenge: Jenova Project (FF7)
Challenge: The Fabrication Bride (FF10)
Challenge: Return from the SeeD Exam (FF8)
Challenge: The Coin Toss of Fate (FF6)
Collection: Evil Gods of Mardias (Emperors Saga)
Challenge: The Battle Square (FF7)
Challenge: Like Lightning (FF13)
Challenge: Guidance of the Cetra (FF7)
Challenge: Road to the Holy Land (FF9)
Challenge: Assassination Plan of the Witch Edea (Reissue) (FF8)
Challenge: The Black-clad Man of Baron (FF4)
Commemoration: The Sealed Treasures (Half Year)

Source

That seems shady.
The second Target should be Holy, I tested it. Maybe we'll get some more free Mythril for the typo.

MicH

Huh

I managed to save up five mythril and did a pill. Hot a 5* dupe?! Another Regal Gown. I now have two of these. I mean they're really good, but... I would have preferred a weapon sering as the two 5* I pulled before were the Regal Gown (as I mentioned) and the Genji Armor.

Falk

that puzzling face
Huh

I managed to save up five mythril and did a pill. Hot a 5* dupe?! Another Regal Gown. I now have two of these. I mean they're really good, but... I would have preferred a weapon sering as the two 5* I pulled before were the Regal Gown (as I mentioned) and the Genji Armor.

First world problems.

So in Japan the new ff4 event came before the ff7 shinra one? Makes sense with the difficulty drop, but if they're gonna mix it up like this again, I hope they rejig the difficulties.

Mattiator

Hi everyone :)
Started playing yesterday and loving it so far. Does anyone have any recommendations for what the ideal team would be.
Thanks for your time and any responses.

mstevens

Started playing yesterday and loving it so far. Does anyone have any recommendations for what the ideal team would be.

Welcome!

I'd say it is probably too late for you to get Sephiroth on this go-around (don't worry, Japan had multiple chances to get him, so I think we will too). He is the reward for an event that is happening that requires you to clear a pretty difficult series of dungeons by April 11th.

If you're looking at a Sephiroth-free party, I would go with Cloud, Kain, Rydia (as a Black Mage) and Tyro (as a White Mage, or level up the White Mage... she just has far less health). For your fifth party member, I'd try to level up someone temporarily (maybe Tidus?) to finish the other current event and then replace him with Cecil who you get as a reward.

Mattiator

Welcome!

I'd say it is probably too late for you to get Sephiroth on this go-around (don't worry, Japan had multiple chances to get him, so I think we will too). He is the reward for an event that is happening that requires you to clear a pretty difficult series of dungeons by April 11th.

If you're looking at a Sephiroth-free party, I would go with Cloud, Kain, Rydia (as a Black Mage) and Tyro (as a White Mage, or level up the White Mage... she just has far less health). For your fifth party member, I'd try to level up someone temporarily (maybe Tidus?) to finish the other current event and then replace him with Cecil who you get as a reward.

Thanks for the detailed answer you kick ass :) :)

I will follow what you said and I think your right I won't be getting Sephiroth, I just barley got Tifa so I will just do what I can. I look forward to posting more on here. This game deffintly caught me by surprise!

Wazzy

Banned
I think you can still get Sephiroth but you'll need to beat the main realms first to get some characters and levels and then start the Shinra event immediately after. You can use some of the mythril earned to restore your stamina to get through levels faster too.

If acquiring Sephy isn't a big deal then just take your time with the game since you'll def be able to earn Cecil. :)
Found a list of the Japanese events. Might give us an idea of what to expect, though as you said, they might adjust it for US popularity. (I'm sure that's why we got FFVII stuff first.) Though that means any FFII stuff would be even further away, since it's the outcast of the main series. ;_;
They haven't even done a FFII event in Japan yet.

2014 Events
Challenge: The Light that Pierces the Darkness (FF4)
Challenge: The Ambition of Shinra and the Legend Reborn (FF7)
Collection: Countdown to Destruction (FF7)
Challenge: Assault! The Demon of River Lethe!? (FF6)
Survival: Infiltrate the Magitek Research Facility (FF6)
Collection: The Rampaging Fire Crystal (FF5)
Challenge: Assassination Plan of the Witch Edea (FF8)
Survival: The Pulse Fal'Cie (FF13)
Challenge: Collect the Legendary Treasures (FF6)
Challenge: Dispute with Shinra (FF7)
Challenge: Mi'ihen Session (FF10)

2015 Events
Seasonal: Otoshidama Dungeon (New Year's)
Challenge: Balamb Garden (FF8)
Challenge: Queen of Alexandria (FF9)
Challenge: The Light that Pierces the Darkness (Reissue) (FF4)
Challenge: Break into the Dreadnought Leviathan (FF12)
Challenge: Jenova Project (FF7)
Challenge: The Fabrication Bride (FF10)
Challenge: Return from the SeeD Exam (FF8)
Challenge: The Coin Toss of Fate (FF6)
Collection: Evil Gods of Mardias (Emperors Saga)
Challenge: The Battle Square (FF7)
Challenge: Like Lightning (FF13)
Challenge: Guidance of the Cetra (FF7)
Challenge: Road to the Holy Land (FF9)
Challenge: Assassination Plan of the Witch Edea (Reissue) (FF8)
Challenge: The Black-clad Man of Baron (FF4)
Commemoration: The Sealed Treasures (Half Year)

Source

The second Target should be Holy, I tested it. Maybe we'll get some more free Mythril for the typo.

Seeing all those VIII events I'm like
w2ZUcDa.gif

I do hope we get something from II!

Mattiator

I think you can still get Sephiroth but you'll need to beat the main realms first to get some characters and levels and then start the Shinra event immediately after. You can use some of the mythril earned to restore your stamina to get through levels faster too.

If acquiring Sephy isn't a big deal then just take your times with the game since you'll def be able to earn Cecil. :)

Thanks I'm going to pound it for the next little while and see what I can do :)

mstevens

Thanks for the detailed answer you kick ass :) :)

I will follow what you said and I think your right I won't be getting Sephiroth, I just barley got Tifa so I will just do what I can. I look forward to posting more on here. This game deffintly caught me by surprise!

If you can get your party in the 20s and farm enough orbs to get Thundara/Thunder, you could do it. Depends on how much you play over the next few days. Just don't stress if you don't get him this go-around because he'll probably be back and there are other great party members in the mean time.

edit: Anyone else's music acting weird? Mine is starting the song over mid-phrase over and over, in battle and in the results screen. Started ever since the newest event launched.

Wazzy

Banned
That gif. <3 (It reminds me that eventually I hope we get some mascot party members, including Cactuar!)

I'm desperate for a FFII event. ;_;

I do too! Would love a moomba playable character. Closest to cute mascot is Red XIII lol I also really now want Ricard :(

I'm still trying to figure this Seifer thing out because his wiki shows him listed as playable too and they have his sprite reactions for getting hit and being weak. I'll see if Stump knows since he seems to have played Japanese version.

Thanks I'm going to pound it for the next little while and see what I can do :)
No problem. :)

Your focus for now if you want to beat the event before it ends would be getting Rydia and getting her Thundara because it will be a huge factor in winning against the ranged bosses. You'll also want to consider leveling up a ranged character like Wakka to help out and Kain for his special.

If you're wondering which bosses or area's drop the specific orbs you can look it up on here:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

Negator

gonna take a break from the event and do the Orb daily all day. Collecting a massive amount of Power, White, and Black Orb is priority #1.

I do too! Would love a moomba playable character. Closest to cute mascot is Red XIII lol I also really now want Ricard :(

I'm still trying to figure this Seifer thing out because his wiki shows him listed as playable too and they have his sprite reactions for getting hit and being weak. I'll see if Stump knows since he seems to have played Japanese version.
Moomba, Pupu, Cactaur, Beaver, Moogle, Chocobo, Tonberry, Cait Sith, etc, etc. It's a whole new world of possibilities! (And YAASSS to Ricard love.)

RE: Seifer, here's a link to the official Japanese strategy site that I was using for the character list. No Seifer sadly. :( The FF wikia has some other characters listed too that aren't on the Japanese site. Maybe they just have their sprites ready to go, but they haven't been added to the game yet.

Wazzy

Banned
Moomba, Pupu, Cactaur, Beaver, Moogle, Chocobo, Tonberry, Cait Sith, etc, etc. It's a whole new world of possibilities! (And YAASSS to Ricard love.)

RE: Seifer, here's a link to the official Japanese strategy site that I was using for the character list. No Seifer sadly. :( The FF wikia has some other characters listed too that aren't on the Japanese site. Maybe they just have their sprites ready to go, but they haven't been added to the game yet.

I hope he get's released here then xD

Also just noticed the daily is FF II levels so it's at least something!

I hope he get's released here then xD

Also just noticed the daily is FF II levels so it's at least something!
That's one thing, the series as a whole has so many awesome characters that they should never run out of content, at least not for a loooooooooong while.

Tobinishi

I still hope to get Sephiroth before the end of the Shinra event but I'm too weak. My party is only around level 20 and the boss on floor 36-40 was almost too strong for me already...

Razmos

It's awesome the mastery reward for the first (very easy) dungeon in the Cecil event is a FF7 Power Wrist accessory. That'll help all those like me who are still trying to get Sephiroth, nice.

Wazzy

Banned
I still hope to get Sephiroth before the end of the Shinra event but I'm too weak. My party is only around level 20 and the boss on floor 36-40 was almost too strong for me already...
Best thing you can do is level up a bit instead of continously re trying. Get Rydia Thundara and get to level 24ish and you should be fine. Have Wakka as a backup ranged attacker. Tackle IV event now since it's easier and you ll get gear.

It's awesome the mastery reward for the first (very easy) dungeon in the Cecil event is a FF7 Power Wrist accessory. That'll help all those like me who are still trying to get Sephiroth, nice.

You get like three of them on the journey up the Shinra tower. totally worth slapping on your melee characters the moment you get them.

Razmos

You get like three of them on the journey up the Shinra tower. totally worth slapping on your melee characters the moment you get them.
True, but they are pretty far up the tower, mostly as mastery rewards. I know I only have 1 of them so far due to failing to master a few floors. So this nice extra one, which is easy to get, will help me nicely.

(in fact I should probably go back and try and master those floors now that I've got better equipment and levels, thanks for reminding me)

Prototype

Wow you can't change Rydias Chocobo summon to another summon?

Seems it has to be assigned to an ability slot :(
Ya, I thought was so lame too.

Edit
Got Cecil and used all the growth eggs on him. Took him to 20. Between that and the gear I have I think he should fine.

But his use of White magic, in specific, cure and cura , almost makes me want to take out Whm. I already have Rydia in. So Cecil and Rydia could share curing duties which leaves me open a new spot.

I'd have Kain, Cecil, Cloud, Rydia. I could always put Sephiroth Back in and seee how that works. Or have Dark Cecil. Hmmm.

ZiggyST

Banned
What's the main difference between the two cecils ?
There are, and will, so many characters, I don't know which one to use.

What is the recommend level to the half end of the cecil's event? I'm lv ~30 and it's very very easy so far.

Prototype

What's the main difference between the two cecils ?
There are, and will, so many characters, I don't know which one to use.

What is the recommend level to the half end of the cecil's event? I'm lv ~30 and it's very very easy so far.
It's easy the whole way. You'll be fine at 30

Falk

that puzzling face
The actual boss for Cecil event is resisting the urge to spend Mythril to replenish stamina.

YOU MUST FIGHT THE DARKNESS WITHIN YOURSELF

pikablu

Just got a combined bow for kain and jump. Rydia and tifa just got to level 15. maybe theres hope yet for me to get sephiroth. hmm.

Kain - lvl 21
Cloud - 22
Wakka - 20
Tidus - 21

I also have tifas 5 star gloves..

Tobinishi

Best thing you can do is level up a bit instead of continously re trying. Get Rydia Thundara and get to level 24ish and you should be fine. Have Wakka as a backup ranged attacker. Tackle IV event now since it's easier and you ll get gear.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to invest a few more hours into it and get my party up a few levels.

I can only use Thundara 2 times, is it going to be enough or should i farm some orbs to hone it?

pikablu

Thanks for the tip. I will try to invest a few more hours into it and get my party up a few levels.

I can only use Thundara 2 times, is it going to be enough or should i farm some orbs to hone it?

It didn't take me too long to get my thundara to level 2.

TheContact

Rydia is the best character I have now by far. Her thundaras hit for 4k without vulnerability. Have her fully upgraded 5 star black cowl and 4 star light rod

(In the event)

ZiggyST

Banned
Just got a combined bow for kain and jump. Rydia and tifa just got to level 15. maybe theres hope yet for me to get sephiroth. hmm.

Kain - lvl 21
Cloud - 22
Wakka - 20
Tidus - 21

I also have tifas 5 star gloves..

Just do floor 41-45 again and again until level 25.., then you're fine to go, and make sure you have 2 thundaras on rydia, or one at level 2 for the ranged bosses.

You still have a couple of days, you got plenty of time.

Besides, the first level of the new event are so easy, and they give you mithril.

Clunker

Rufus ate my lunch. WHM and Rydia just take too much damage. :|
I had to bite the bullet and use a mythril to heal up right before Rufus - and even then still had to save/load quite a bit to finagle a win. I'm in the mid- to low-20s with a party of Cloud/Tifa/Kain/Rydia/WHM. He still one-shotted my WHM unless she had Protect up, even at full health. :(

I didn't have Blind, which I know really helps against Rufus if you can land it. Just kept the heals flowing as much as possible while wailing away with limit breaks and Thundara. Scraped by with only Cloud and Kain left at the end.

You might consider using Tyro instead of WHM since he just has more raw HP, but his heals and magic are terrible unless you have good gear to work with him.

Althane

The actual boss for Cecil event is resisting the urge to spend Mythril to replenish stamina.

YOU MUST FIGHT THE DARKNESS WITHIN YOURSELF

Yuuuup. Currently at the 8th gate, and need 40 stam to clear it. It wouldn't be so bad if the actual battles didn't take less than five seconds each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom