• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had to bite the bullet and use a mythril to heal up right before Rufus - and even then still had to save/load quite a bit to finagle a win. I'm in the mid- to low-20s with a party of Cloud/Tifa/Kain/Rydia/WHM. He still one-shotted my WHM unless she had Protect up, even at full health. :(

I didn't have Blind, which I know really helps against Rufus if you can land it. Just kept the heals flowing as much as possible while wailing away with limit breaks and Thundara. Scraped by with only Cloud and Kain left at the end.

You might consider using Tyro instead of WHM since he just has more raw HP, but his heals and magic are terrible unless you have good gear to work with him.

Thanks - I might try Tyro out once I get a Cura made. I have a few days, so I should be able to farm enough of those damn Holy orbs.

garath

I just stopped the new event for a bit to run the hard daily and get that mythril. Then I saw how many lesser orbs were dropping. I think I'm just going to do this all day and get Cecil tomorrow. Lol.

I was able to make Fira and Firestrike. Now to hone them.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Oh, PSA I guess: the free relic draw reset when the event went live. Be sure to claim your 1* hammer or whatever.

Yeah, looks like the free relic pull resets whenever new content is added so everyone can sneak in a second daily draw on those days. I wonder if this is intentional or a glitch...

Prototype

The actual boss for Cecil event is resisting the urge to spend Mythril to replenish stamina.

YOU MUST FIGHT THE DARKNESS WITHIN YOURSELF
I broke down and spent the 99¢ to get more stamina. Then to celebrate my first ever mobile purchase, I bought a pull for 2.99 which got me a diamond sword.

Never thought I'd find a F2P get me to spend money. Doesn't actually feel that bad. I've been playing the game for like 2 weeks almost non-stop. $3.98 isn't bad imo.

Drac

So thanks to the new event I now have more than 5 times the same FF7 accessory. Is it safe to sell the extra one or will the combine/upgrade restriction change in the future ?

Also wondering if I should finish the new event and be done with it or farm power orbs, decision decision.

TheWriter

What have they done to Vanille?
Looking at her stats on this wiki page, she has high Magic and Mind, but little to no Attack.
But her abilities are
Physical Attack (Rarity 5)
Physical Speed (Rarity 2)
Monk (Rarity 5)
which means she would be a physical attacker rather than a mage.

So Vanille can't use any magic aside from her Limit Break and has the abilites of a physical DPS and the stats of a nuker/healer. Before I saw the stats I wanted to make her my go-to mage whenever she comes out, but this just confuses me. She's like a worse Tifa in every way. Considering she was a debuff-nuke mage in FF13, this is baffling.

Z3M0G

Event is swamping us with fairly useless relics... especially since you can't combine them.

I think I'm gonna burn my next 5 mythril on upgrading inventory space.

Edit: i'm officially at 81/100 inventory. used up all my mats and dupes. Sold my non-needed accessories.

So not too bad... I can hold off for a while longer and work with that.

garath

Yeah, looks like the free relic pull resets whenever new content is added so everyone can sneak in a second daily draw on those days. I wonder if this is intentional or a glitch...

Ha. Thanks for the reminder. 12 minutes until it resets and I pulled a 3* diamond helm. Lol

Shahed

Just started today. Enjoying it so far and the Stamina is pretty forgiving. Got like 20 floors into Shinra and it's starting to get a bit more demanding. do you think I could finish it in time? And what denotes dungeon 'Mastery'? I get it all the time without knowing how

TheContact

Just started today. Enjoying it so far and the Stamina is pretty forgiving. Got like 20 floors into Shinra and it's starting to get a bit more demanding. do you think I could finish it in time? And what denotes dungeon 'Mastery'? I get it all the time without knowing how

Just have to do well in the criteria. I.e not getting KOd, not taking a lot of damage, not taking a lot of turns

TheExodu5

Banned

I don't think you'll be able to finish Shinra in time. You should be able to get Tifa no problem though. To beat Shinra you need a level 20-25 party at a minimum if you have essential abilities (Thundara,, possibly Slow/Dark Attack/Cura).

So has playing this game inspired anyone to start playing/get further in a "real"/mainline FF game? I had been contemplating sitting down with FF10 and playing through it once and for all a couple weeks ago.(got up to Kimahari's village) I just downloaded today and the FFX door is pretty much ensuring that FF10 is indeed the next JRPG I focus on. Gotta break out the old PS2 soon.

Shahadan

Kinda want to give FF4 another shot, never got really far. I don't know what's the best version though. I don't like the look of the DS versions but the encouter rate of the ps1 version was annoying. Oh well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So has playing this game inspired anyone to start playing/get further in a "real"/mainline FF game? I had been contemplating sitting down with FF10 and playing through it once and for all a couple weeks ago.(got up to Kimahari's village) I just downloaded today and the FFX door is pretty much ensuring that FF10 is indeed the next JRPG I focus on. Gotta break out the old PS2 soon.

I started up FFIX for the first time because of this game.

I started up FFIX for the first time because of this game.

Shoot, I never finished the 4th disc of FFIX as well thanks to obsessing over some gone forever items. I need to do that too. I've been such a good little Megami Tensei fanboy over the past few years that I've barely given FF the time of day, despite it being the series that owned me all through middle and most of highschool.

Shahed

Just have to do well in the criteria. I.e not getting KOd, not taking a lot of damage, not taking a lot of turns

Ah I see. And I suppose doing boss specfic targets as well? Seems easy enough

I don't think you'll be able to finish Shinra in time. You should be able to get Tifa no problem though. To beat Shinra you need a level 20-25 party at a minimum if you have essential abilities (Thundara,, possibly Slow/Dark Attack/Cura).

Yeah I literally just got Tifa and that was hard. First fight I haven't mastered. Reading through the thread i should probably go get some Power Wrists from Cecil's event and try to get ahold of some Protect Vests/Mythril Armlet. I stupidly sold my Fighting Gloves since I rolled a 3* fist weapon. I could get them all but Stamina would be a major issue for me

I'm very tempted to put FF7 on my vita, but holding out for the PS4 version. Wish they'd give a firm date.

With all this FFIV goodness in Record Keeper, I might just buy the IV collection from PSN. Never played IV (or V) before.

Paladin acquired, just spent the my thrill the event gave me to speed it up because my gear is pretty solid. Do not really need more 3* stuff. So with that Tyro retires and Paladin takes his place beside Kain, Rydia, White Mage and Sep.

Would love to get some of my nostalgia heart on the team with some FFVI people, ... In time. Now to level up Mr. Cecil.

TheExodu5

Banned
Kinda want to give FF4 another shot, never got really far. I don't know what's the best version though. I don't like the look of the DS versions but the encouter rate of the ps1 version was annoying. Oh well.

PSP version if you have one. Really well done sprite work.

DS version is much, much harder. It has some interesting gameplay changes, but I personally hate the art style.

PSP version is much easier, but pretty much true to the original and the definitive version of the game, IMO.

Yeah I literally just got Tifa and that was hard. First fight I haven't mastered. Reading through the thread i should probably go get some Power Wrists from Cecil's event and try to get ahold of some Protect Vests/Mythril Armlet. I stupidly sold my Fighting Gloves since I rolled a 3* fist weapon. I could get them all but Stamina would be a major issue for me

You probably won't be leveled and have the abilities needed to finish the event in time. I'd say not to worry about it...it will come back in the future and you can get Sephiroth then. For now, focus on doing dailies and getting orbs, mats, and gil needed for crafting gear and abilities. Do that for at least a few days, and then focus on the FF IV dungeon. Try to get some basic FF IV gear upgraded, and try to create and hone Fira and maybe Cura. You should breeze through the FF IV event then.

marrec

Banned
Yes! Second Black Cowl gotten. With the Gil/Power Orb daily going on as well I think I'll be able to use today to get everything I need to take on Hundred Asshole and Co.

Shahed

You probably won't be leveled and have the abilities needed to finish the event in time. I'd say not to worry about it...it will come back in the future and you can get Sephiroth then. For now, focus on doing dailies and getting orbs, mats, and gil needed for crafting gear and abilities. Do that for at least a few days, and then focus on the FF IV dungeon. Try to get some basic FF IV gear upgraded, and try to create and hone Fira and maybe Cura. You should breeze through the FF IV event then.

Yeah just gonna unlock Rydia and go from there. Is there a FF WHM kicking around? Say Rosa, Yuna, Aeris or even Garnet? I want to retire mine. I'd love a ranged character like Balthier or someone. Don't like Wakka

Also so I don't make the same mistake again. Keep my gear drops and only sell the ones where there are no worlds for? Like the crazy amount of FFXII gear?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Are Paladin Cecil's healer capabilities comparable to Tyro's on the same level?

edit: nevemind, found a stats comparison chart.

Got what I needed at the mo from the Orb daily so I'm going to continue on finishing the Cecil event. Just at the "hard mode" section now.

Need some lesser fire orbs to hone the fire abilities and lesser wind for honing double cut and I'll be pretty happy. Just got Cloud past Lvl 40 too so he's beasting through. Still no sign of any 5* equipment however :(

TheContact

Woot time to level DK Cecil. Supposedly he has 2nd highest attack in the game behind Cloud. Had an ice brand (3stars) sitting around, gave that to him plus Mythril helm and power wrist. He's low level but still whacks a punch in the ff4 event

So I pulled a 5* Dark Sword, the one that changes Dark Knight Cecil's break attack.

the actual sword says "Only equip on Cecil" but there are two cecils. Can you equip that on the Paladin Cecil as well? If you CAN I'm going to hold off on growth eggs until him, if you can not I am going to growth egg Dark Knight and Go crazy.

Rnr1224

Posted before but I didnt get any responses. Ive been sticking with the default party but im wondering if any of the other characters that I have unlocked (Kain, Cloud, Rydia, Wakka) are worth training since they are all at Lv 1 right now.

garath

As much as I want to grab Cecil right now, the lure of orbs is too great. I'm rolling that hard dungeon and getting so many valuable upgrade orbs. Cant' stop. I might even be able to make haste after today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did Hard on both the orb and gil stage (just 1 battle and retreated). Good strat.

However, do elemental orbs drop, or just the colored stuff? I need Holy and Fire orbs.

Oh, gil dungeon on hard = great money. 17k from one stage. A+

StMeph

I definitely feel constrained right now by orb RNG to be able to create/hone the abilities I need and want to use. Today's Daily only provides Power/White/Black, so it looks like I need a different Daily for other elementals?

Also would like to farm up some gil to combine more equipment, but that's a lot of Stamina I don't have to spread around.

I did Hard on both the orb and gil stage (just 1 battle and retreated). Good strat.

However, do elemental orbs drop, or just the colored stuff? I need Holy and Fire orbs.

Oh, gil dungeon on hard = great money. 17k from one stage. A+

Black White Power. Elemental orbs come from a different day

Falk

that puzzling face
Posted before but I didnt get any responses. Ive been sticking with the default party but im wondering if any of the other characters that I have unlocked (Kain, Cloud, Rydia, Wakka) are worth training since they are all at Lv 1 right now.

Cloud and Rydia are nigh indispensable for burst DPS (which basically translates to "everything lol" since the more you can 1-shot trash the more stars you get)

Kain is good for a lot of fights and especially useful for the IV event right now due to synergy.

antitrop

I got Dark Knight Cecil, but now I have to focus on clearing Shinra Floor 60 and getting Sephiroth, before I finish the FFIV event.

I spent pretty much all of my stamina in the last 24 hours trying to level up Rydia for that stupid ranged boss.

Since there is no 'default party'... I'm not sure what your main party actually is.

That said, if you ever want to see where a character's stats are in relation to everyone elses... https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_Rankings is invaluable.

If you're using Black Mage, for example, you're probably needlessly gimping yourself as Rydia is better in practically every way including versatility (since she can use healing magic in a pinch).

I definitely feel constrained right now by orb RNG to be able to create/hone the abilities I need and want to use. Today's Daily only provides Power/White/Black, so it looks like I need a different Daily for other elementals?

Also would like to farm up some gil to combine more equipment, but that's a lot of Stamina I don't have to spread around.

Are you still farming for level 2 spells? (Thundara, Blizzara, Fira, Cura, etc) If so, you're best place to get orbs is actually FF6. Elemental Orb drop rate is higher and cheaper (stamina wise) in FF6 dungeons than the dailies due to the shitty drop rate in normal dungeons for tier 2 orbs.

I used Cloud on my team because his attack stats are nuts, same goes for Tifa. Tidus is great too.

Named Characters from a specific final fantasy are always better the generic characters like warrior, black mage, ranger, etc

Vorpal

According to the wiki: "In general, the Job characters are comparable to the Character characters when on very low levels, but their differences grow drastically the higher level you get. By level 50, the Job characters are useless stat-wise if you have any actual character available to replace them."

Kain

I just pulled Masamune and can't believe it. Sephi's damage output has doubled, this is great.

I have just unlocked DK Cecil, which one is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom