• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
The stamina requirements for the high level event dungeons are nuts... add to that the lack of stamina refreshing on level up and you get a lot of waiting around.

I guess SE's gotta make their money somewhere, but most games of this type have some kind of stamina refresh that's more universal than this one. Only getting stamina stones from normal dungeons seems counter-intuitive.

Wazzy

Banned
I definitely feel constrained right now by orb RNG to be able to create/hone the abilities I need and want to use. Today's Daily only provides Power/White/Black, so it looks like I need a different Daily for other elementals?

Also would like to farm up some gil to combine more equipment, but that's a lot of Stamina I don't have to spread around.
I'm pretty sure Monday has elemental orbs daily's but it could also be Sunday(I'm remembering Sunday as exp daily's) that has it.
Posted before but I didnt get any responses. Ive been sticking with the default party but im wondering if any of the other characters that I have unlocked (Kain, Cloud, Rydia, Wakka) are worth training since they are all at Lv 1 right now.

Definitely stick Cloud and Rydia into your party and start leveling them up.

Looking at the Cecils and trying to decide if either are right for me... Seems BK Cecil is essentially a slightly weaker Sephiroth... which isn't all together terrible, but not sure if it's worth replacing Tifa or Cloud when I'll have to level grind him like mad... And the bonus for character synergy is actually kind of low compared to gear synergy.

Pally Cecil.... I'm having even more of a problem deciding where he might go. He's a freaking tank with his defense and HP... is Cover in the game? I could see putting Cover on him to be a wall for the clothies... but then I'm giving up a major damage dealer which I'm not sure is worth it.

Still... Gotta catch them all!

The stamina requirements for the high level event dungeons are nuts... add to that the lack of stamina refreshing on level up and you get a lot of waiting around.

I guess SE's gotta make their money somewhere, but most games of this type have some kind of stamina refresh that's more universal than this one. Only getting stamina stones from normal dungeons seems counter-intuitive.

While it's certainly not great... it's not really that terrible. I started last night and I'll have the FF4 dungeon beaten today... This includes the 8 hours of down time I had from working. I only have 2 more 'stages' to go through.

(edit) FF4 event dungeon that is. Pally Cecil is very close.

Yea but it refreshes every 3 minutes, that's the difference. Consider puzzle and dragons, for example, where it took 10 minutes to recover 1 stamina. Only takes 2 hours to recover a full bar in this game. At high level in PAD you can wait 24 hours and not be back ip to a full bar yet

Mattiator

No problem. :)

Your focus for now if you want to beat the event before it ends would be getting Rydia and getting her Thundara because it will be a huge factor in winning against the ranged bosses. You'll also want to consider leveling up a ranged character like Wakka to help out and Kain for his special.

If you're wondering which bosses or area's drop the specific orbs you can look it up on here:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

Awesome :) I just unlocked thunders for her as I read this so I am on the right track. I will take a gander at the boss info for materials. Thanks again!

Vorpal

Yea but it refreshes every 3 minutes, that's the difference. Consider puzzle and dragons, for example, where it took 10 minutes to recover 1 stamina. Only takes 2 hours to recover a full bar in this game. At high level in PAD you can wait 24 hours and not be back ip to a full bar yet

Yeah, this is the only reason I've stuck with FFRK so far. Extremely long stamina recovery in other games completely kills my interest, but with FFRK I can regularly run some dungeons in the morning before work, do something during lunch, and continue again when I get home. Pretty nice!

Anfang

Woot time to level DK Cecil. Supposedly he has 2nd highest attack in the game behind Cloud. Had an ice brand (3stars) sitting around, gave that to him plus Mythril helm and power wrist. He's low level but still whacks a punch in the ff4 event

Seph has the highest base atk. Cloud and Cecil are tied

StMeph

Named Characters from a specific final fantasy are always better the generic characters like warrior, black mage, ranger, etc

According to the wiki: "In general, the Job characters are comparable to the Character characters when on very low levels, but their differences grow drastically the higher level you get. By level 50, the Job characters are useless stat-wise if you have any actual character available to replace them."

Guess that means I should switch to Tyro over WHM for the long-term until we get a real healer-type.

Edit: Looks like Paladin Cecil's not THAT far behind in Mind, which maybe makes him a suitable stand-in for WHM until we get better healer-types. That would mean a beefier team composition, but I'd like to drop Tidus, if possible. Who's the best user of Support abilities (mainly for Dark Attack)?

Are you still farming for level 2 spells? (Thundara, Blizzara, Fira, Cura, etc) If so, you're best place to get orbs is actually FF6. Elemental Orb drop rate is higher and cheaper (stamina wise) in FF6 dungeons than the dailies due to the shitty drop rate in normal dungeons for tier 2 orbs.

I would like to start honing abilities, so I need a large amount of Lesser orbs of nearly all elements.

Clunker

Seph has the highest base atk. Cloud and Cecil are tied
It's important to note, though, that Sephiroth is much more limited in weapon selection - katanas aren't that very common, whereas regular swords are all over the place. Cloud and Cecil have more flexibility for record synergy with weapons, which seems to me much more important than base stats in the long run.

Can't wait to pick up DK Cecil, though the allure of the orbs from today's daily is pretty strong ... :(

Guess that means I should switch to Tyro over WHM for the long-term until we get a real healer-type.
Tyro is a sucky healer though, roughly 30-50% weaker heals and he lacks the soul breaker which heals everyone (which has saved my bacon on more than one occasion).

I know some people get by with him, but WHM as a dedicated healer is much better if you're going to be taking on content where you're actually going to take damage (elites).

According to the wiki: "In general, the Job characters are comparable to the Character characters when on very low levels, but their differences grow drastically the higher level you get. By level 50, the Job characters are useless stat-wise if you have any actual character available to replace them."

I'd like to replace White Mage with an actual character, but I find Prayer incredibly useful. What future character would be comparable to White Mage's utility?

Edit: Looks like Paladin Cecil's not THAT far behind in Mind, which maybe makes him a suitable stand-in for WHM until we get better healer-types. That would mean a beefier team composition, but I'd like to drop Tidus, if possible. Who's the best user of Support abilities (mainly for Dark Attack)?

I would like to start honing abilities, so I need a large amount of Lesser orbs of nearly all elements.

Tyro is kind of a jack of all trades, master of none though. When we get Aerith or something though, then definitely switch.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd like to replace White Mage with an actual character, but I find Prayer incredibly useful. What future character would be comparable to White Mage's utility?

Sometimes killing the enemy faster is better than healing. I would replace the WM.

So what should I focus my stamina on next? I kind of want to get Rydia a better weapon then the 1 star she has :X

There's a 4* rod that you get by mastering FFIV Elite Underground Waterway. If you can get the 2 cecils and level them up it should be a cakewalk, as you'll have 4 people with record synergy (Cecil x2, Kain, Rydia). So you could choose to focus on clearing the Cecil event and then levelling up those 2 characters to early 20s or so, or depending on how strong you are you could maybe handle the dungen now. If you have either 4 or 6 Thundaras you should be able to master that boss.

Keep in mind though that just because it's 1* doesn't mean it's bad. I assume you're referring to the rod with FF3 affinity? TAke it to 3* anyway, and hold onto it for down the line when we get the FF3 dungeon set.

R0ckman

Wouldn't Square make more money either making the rolls cheaper (making people roll more), or slightly increasing the odds of rarities (encouraging more people to spend money on the content)? The prices just don't seem very good to me.

Wouldn't Square make more money either making the rolls cheaper (making people roll more), or slightly increasing the odds of rarities (encouraging more people to spend money on the content)? The prices just don't seem very good to me.

There is someone who's sole job it is to crunch these kinds of numbers, while they could be wrong, they generally have a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

Whales are going to whale regardless of price, and they're going to be making up 90% of this game's revenue... It's a tried and true method proven over the last 6-7 years in mobile gaming.

There's a 4* rod that you get by mastering FFIV Elite Underground Waterway. If you can get the 2 cecils and level them up it should be a cakewalk, as you'll have 4 people with record synergy (Cecil x2, Kain, Rydia). So you could choose to focus on clearing the Cecil event and then levelling up those 2 characters to early 20s or so, or depending on how strong you are you could maybe handle the dungen now. If you have either 4 or 6 Thundaras you should be able to master that boss.

Keep in mind though that just because it's 1* doesn't mean it's bad. I assume you're referring to the rod with FF3 affinity? TAke it to 3* anyway, and hold onto it for down the line when we get the FF3 dungeon set.

I'm still at 2 thundara :(

Einbroch

Banned
Can someone recommend good offensive abilities to buy? I bought that first sword one that allegedly paralyzes but it's trash.

Double Cut is borderline broken. Basically double damage and you can hit two targets if you're one shotting things normally.

Charge is also very good, but DC is a little better.

For pure offense, those are the two you want. Plus the elemental attacks in the "Other" tree.

Shouta

It's a pretty tough thing to balance getting sales and keeping folks hooked on the content and coming back. It seems like most have found the current sweet spot for it with the pricing found in this game and in other Mobile games.

Generally speaking, the 5 Star rates aren't that bad, still rare but 10% isn't too shabby all things considered. It's probably higher than some other games. They are VERY powerful pieces of equipment too. So getting one means you'll always end up using it unless you pull a more appropriate 5 star. In addition, they'll be adding more 5 stars to the gatcha as later events get implemented. It's usually 5 featured pieces, 1 or 2 for feature chars, then 3 pieces of weapon/armor from that series with high stats or generic Soul Breaks that your other chars can use.

It's a pretty tough thing to balance getting sales and keeping folks hooked on the content and coming back. It seems like most have found the current sweet spot for it with the pricing found in this game and in other Mobile games.

Generally speaking, the 5 Star rates aren't that bad, still rare but 10% isn't too shabby all things considered. It's probably higher than some other games. They are VERY powerful pieces of equipment too. So getting one means you'll always end up using it unless you pull a more appropriate 5 star. In addition, they'll be adding more 5 stars to the gatcha as later events get implemented. It's usually 5 featured pieces, 1 or 2 for feature chars, then 3 pieces of weapon/armor from that series with high stats or generic Soul Breaks that your other chars can use.

Are these JP numbers or NA numbers? I've heard NA numbers are more like 5% or worse for 5*

Razmos

Getting really annoyed now. Floor 65 of Shinra Tower isn't that bad, but i'm having the absolute worst luck. The boss is focusing on Tyro and Rydia exclusively. I also had Kain use jump, but it knocked him out of the air somehow, wasting the turn.

Then it used the missile move that hits everyone, and of all the characters, it got a critical on only Rydia, instantly killing her, then it focused on Tyro.

Seriously this is annoying me now. I'm using up all my stamina and having to wait, getting through the first 4 runs flawlessly only to have the shittiest luck ever on the boss itself and having to redo the whole damn thing.

R0ckman

There is someone who's sole job it is to crunch these kinds of numbers, while they could be wrong, they generally have a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

Whales are going to whale regardless of price, and they're going to be making up 90% of this game's revenue... It's a tried and true method proven over the last 6-7 years in mobile gaming.

Yeah, I did think about the whale factor, but whales will probably go even crazier stocking up on rolls and such, other than that, as it stands now the concept is flirting with borderline straight gambling methods. I think that the basic layout and design of the game is balanced so well (progression wise) other than the prices. It's not like people can beat the game at their own pace and stop putting money into it, they determine when more of the game and characters get released.

Getting really annoyed now. Floor 65 of Shinra Tower isn't that bad, but i'm having the absolute worst luck. The boss is focusing on Tyro and Rydia exclusively. I also had Kain use jump, but it knocked him out of the air somehow, wasting the turn.

Then it used the missile move that hits everyone, and of all the characters, it got a critical on only Rydia, instantly killing her, then it focused on Tyro.

Seriously this is annoying me now. I'm using up all my stamina and having to wait, getting through the first 4 runs flawlessly only to have the shittiest luck ever on the boss itself and having to redo the whole damn thing.

Have you tried closing the game down at the boss if it's not going well before you die?

Saves you having to do the first rounds before the boss again if it's not gone your way.

mstevens

Force quit the app during the boss fight if things aren't going well. When you come back in, press "okay" and it will start you over on that round and you won't have to spend any stamina.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Double Cut is borderline broken. Basically double damage and you can hit two targets if you're one shotting things normally.

Plus the smart move is having one char with Boost and another with Double Cut and setting up a Boost -> Double Cut setup for 3x+ regular damage

Shouta

Does the Japanese version have sales? Like 25% off gems, buy 1000 get 300 free, etc?

Don't know. The game is linked to DeNA's service and you have to connect a real phone number to your account to be able to purchase them so I've only played the game with free Mithril. That's gotten me a lot of 5 Stars, lol

I just checked the JP version and the US version. It looks like they haven't added the button for it yet in the US version. In the JP version, you can go to the bottom of a Relic gatcha and check all of the 5 Stars. The ones with increased rates are at the top.

iYTHT9a.jpg

10% chance (in general) to get a 5 Star though the individual rates for certain ones might be lower.

Roto13

I'm guessing this is another instance of the game saying fire when it means holy. :p

For the final boss of this event,
am I supposed to attack him at all or just wait for him to go away?

Razmos

Have you tried closing the game down at the boss if it's not going well before you die?

Saves you having to do the first rounds before the boss again if it's not gone your way.

Force quit the app during the boss fight if things aren't going well. When you come back in, press "okay" and it will start you over on that round and you won't have to spend any stamina.
Ah, good to know, I'll try that, thanks.

Kouriozan

Finally got 50 mythril with the dungeons/events but I'll still keep those in case there is a pull event or something.
I got sephiroth while getting master on all the dungeons, I'm 100% done with the FF7 event and none of my characters have hit level 30 yet.
Just got Dark Cecil in the FF 4 one and working toward 100%ing that event too.

StMeph

For synergy bonuses, does it matter if a character is using the same-record weapon, like Rydia (IV) using a Black Robe (IV), or does the bonus for equipment ONLY apply when anyone is using it in that Record (in this case, FF IV)?

Caerith

I've been looking at future characters, stats, and skills. What's the deal with Vanille? She has the stats of a mage or healer, but can't use magic. She has monk and combat skills, but an awful attack stat, and no access to strong weapons, only daggers, rods, and staves.

I think we have a contender for the single worst character in the game right there, besides the generic classes.

I think that's just a wiki mistake. The translation of this page says she's got Black Magic 4, White Magic 5, and Physical Auxiliary 2 (cheer, dark attack, etc), which sounds more like her roles as RAV/MED/SAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom