• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAKA

My Rydia just did close to 9000 damage to the first boss in the new FFIV dungeon with Fira. This should be interesting.

Road

I'll try to finish this event only with Kain and Rydia. Pretend it's FFIV. Full party is overkill.

I'm also getting a bunch of equip I already have ++. This event really should have been the first or they should have changed the drops or something. =\

Caerith

My Rydia just did close to 9000 damage to the first boss in the new FFIV dungeon with Fira. This should be interesting.

Mine just did that to the second boss. I've read that some of the later bosses have objectives of using holy damage (ie, healing them) and fire damage, so I'll just have to make sure she doesn't kill the bosses too fast.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Event so far:

PFCsX3F.jpg

Hope they don't change the order again with the future ones.

thedan001

It sucks that we can't combine Power Wrists. :(

This. so. much.

+6 or +7 atk power wrist++ would be awesome, ah well

Cecil event is so easy lol, about to unlock dark knight!

FYI earring is +8 magic... so Rydia has new bling bling

v prepare for disappointment, but still, may the odds ever be in your favor, kitoro

Kitoro

I'm about to pull for the very first time since the tutorial pull using my 50 crystals. I'm more interested in the Masamune than Cecil's stuff, so I'm glad to have the option.

What are rates like in this game? With 11 pulls with a Masamune rate up, am I likely to end up with one, or likely to be in for disappointment?

Thanks!

Mxrz

I beat the Shrina event. I didn't think it was doable given my late start. Someone could probably start today and finish it in time. Thundara, Jump, and blind really are key.

Lost Rydia somewhere on floor 68. Started to exit but figured what the hell. Floor 70 boss wasn't bad at all even with four, but I landed blind on him first thing. Cloud and Tifa are just absurdly strong in the event. Only came out with one Sonic Knuckle, so I must've wasted the others. Glad to hear the new event is dropping FF7 gear.

I mastered everything but the two Flying bosses. Is it worth going back for those? Looks like some growth eggs, and a 'chocobo feather' are unclaimed.

Elite dungeons difficult? I really want to get better gear. I had horrible look on relic draws, free and paid.

I'm about to pull for the very first time since the tutorial pull using my 50 crystals. I'm more interested in the Masamune than Cecil's stuff, so I'm glad to have the option.

What are rates like in this game? With 11 pulls with a Masamune rate up, am I likely to end up with one, or likely to be in for disappointment?

Thanks!

Disappointement but you could get lucky! Good luck! The rate is up for Masamune but not for 5*. If you pull a 5* then it has more chance than usual to be the Masamune.

elty

Thanks!
20% 4* 5% 5* I think

I was under the impression the common draw and rare draw pull from the same field, the only difference is that a rare draw removes all 1 and 2 stars from the pot. All the items being advertised just have a boosted chance of being obtained

Yes, but there's now a relic draw for the new event while the shinra draw is there too.

Falk

that puzzling face
The elite dungeons reward some 4* gear but they're locked behind Mastery (commonly quoted target is Light Rod in Underground Waterway) so you need to be pretty decked out already, plus micromanage all the trash pulls so you don't lose action stars.

Helps if you have Sephiroth at a reasonable level and a decked out Rydia (which kinda goes hand in hand with obtaining Sephiroth) and other no-brainers like double cuts, etc. for burst.

I'll try to finish this event only with Kain and Rydia. Pretend it's FFIV. Full party is overkill.

You know, in a terribly OCD way this is a best-practice min-max since the XP you get will all get the synergy bonus for a static amount of stamina, rather than 2/5 of the party. Assuming you Mastery everything, of course.

SirChop

Neo Member
Looks like the free mythril was given to everyone because the help page had incorrectly stated that mastery rewards could be won multiple times. That was nice!

Kitoro

Did my 11 pull with mythril and got a generic 5* armor piece and dagger. The rest were 3*. Was really hoping for that Masamune, but that's gambling for ya.

All I know is that I'm never spending a cent on this game with these rates and price per pull.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
All I know is that I'm never spending a cent on this game with these rates and price per pull.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to spend any either even though I want to support it. The gambling concept is shit.

I'd much rather see options to buy items that increase your max stamina (like, up to 20 extra in increments of 5). Then have the 5 star items drop very rarely from normal play. Then add an option to spend double stamina to increase the drop rates.

XJF

I'm up to the 5th section with level 26-28 and have been auto attacking no problem.

Rolling into 4th now. Not having any issues. Finally decided to swap out Tyro for Kain. Doesn't look like I'll be needing him anytime soon.

What's with the IV event giving a whole bunch of VII Swag? Is it to help people struggling with VII Tower?

Falk

that puzzling face
Could it be a typo and intended to be Holy attacks?

Actually I'm right there right now, will test.

Rolling into 4th now. Not having any issues. Finally decided to swap out Tyro for Kain. Doesn't look like I'll be needing him anytime soon.

What's with the IV event giving a whole bunch of VII Swag? Is it to help people struggling with VII Tower?

I believe in the JP version, this current event came before the VII Tower. Which would explain the easier difficulty and VII gear (to prep you for the next event).

I'm hoping future events follow the JP order for this reason.

Dark Cecil get. Don't think ill swap him in' but used eggs to get him to 11. They really should have reworked the difficulty here. So easy is very dull. Lots of trash orbs and equips. Going to start selling accessories I guess, way too many that are duplicative.

Clunker

Ha haaaaaaaaa - suck it, Hundred Gunner. Getting Jump on Kain and some minor grinding for experience (was trying to pick up some spare orbs anyway) made a nice difference. I also swapped out Cloud for Tidus, mostly so I could have him Boost and heal himself as needed. Does Boost only help with physical attacks, or will that help pump up Rydia's magic as well?

I'm at the last set of floors in the Shinra event, will try to pick up Sephiroth and call it a day but I really want Cecil instead. FFIV is my Ocarina; it's the game I can play dozens of times and never get sick of. FF:RK has gotten me to go back through the old FF catalog due to all of the nostalgia tugging at my heartstrings. Not sure if I want to go back through FFVII since it's been nigh close to a decade since I've played it, but I also went to the trouble of reinstalling FFIV on my phone again. Seeing the screenshots of the 3D DS/iOS version made me remember how much I really liked that iteration -- it rubbed me raw the first few times I saw it, but after a while the whole aesthetic really grew on it.

Event beat. Bosses went down in three or four hits with Thundara and Jump, and most of the loot acquired was kind of trash. Look forward to using Paladin Cecil, though.

Roto13

Could it be a typo and intended to be Holy attacks?

Actually I'm right there right now, will test.

Yeah, that's probably what it is. I didn't use Cura on him because I had a lot of fire spells ready to go.

Event beat. Bosses went down in three or four hits with Thundara and Jump, and most of the loot acquired was kind of trash. Look forward to using Paladin Cecil, though.

Did you buy stamina or something?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I will probably level up dark Cecil so I can finally get that white rod for rydia . I'm assuming he has a "dark attack" right?

Do you guys not read the skills?

Dark attack is support. Put it on Tidus, wakka, tyro, or anybody else that can use support.

Dark Cecil can only use combat skills.

rhino4evr

Do you guys not read the skills?

Dark attack is support. Put it on Tidus, wakka, tyro, or anybody else that can use support.

Dark Cecil can only use combat skills.

I'm not referring to blind. I'm referring to a dark attack. Currently only black Mage can do one, as it's his limit break. Was hoping dark knight had a dark limit break as well.

It's a requirement for the elite dungeon with the light rod

I'm not referring to blind. I'm referring to a dark attack. Currently only black Mage can do one, as it's his limit break. Was hoping dark knight had a dark limit break as well.

his Soul Break only steals HP from one target :v

TheExodu5

Banned
Did my 11 pull with mythril and got a generic 5* armor piece and dagger. The rest were 3*. Was really hoping for that Masamune, but that's gambling for ya.

Very lucky to get two 5* pieces.

R0ckman

Nah, they locked the dark attack to the damn 5 star relic.

Hopefully they'll have some deals in the future, relics draws are just too rare for the price. I got a genji helm which I wanted so I'm not that peeved. Just want to use some of these specials and don't feel like gambling for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom